Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that Talal, Jess looks a lovely dog. Thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    If it was the Sun it would have improved it!
  • Options
    Thought I'd share this story here. About 40 years ago we got our first dog, we had him from a puppy, we were in the process of house training him & used to put newspaper by the backdoor for him to go on ( this was in the days before training pads ). One evening we went to a parent evening at our child's school & we forgot to leave him access to the backdoor. When we returned home we discovered a pile of poo on a ( unread ) newspaper on the coffee table. We could only laugh as it would have been a real effort to get up there to do his business.
    Lol, reminds of a single mum that used to come training. Her young son used to cuddle up to her on the sofa until bedtime watching tv then she would take him to bed.  On returning she make a coffee while putting the dog in the garden and invite the dog too in her on the sofa. She invited her new fella home to meet her son and have some dinner, this they did before settling down to the normal routine. The dog returned to house to find the new boyfriend sitting in his place and bit him. 

The reasons why my dogs are not allowed on the furniture and are taught to shite outside in two paragraphs. 😉
  • Options

Magnus first visit to the seaside that we know of, down at St George’s in Sandwich. He loved it.
  • Options
    Here’s Stan.......first relaxing...

.....and now his first non-girl wee....

Lol, it won’t last. Our males will often cock their leg when taking a p*** over where our females have, then will squat the next time. I think they just go all macho when it’s needed and then squat when they can’t be arsed. 😂
  • Options
    Haha. Don’t spoil my fun. I’m new to this dog lark......and I felt like I owned a proper dog when he first cocked his leg up a lamp post 😄
  • Options
    Haha. Don’t spoil my fun. I’m new to this dog lark......and I felt like I owned a proper dog when he first cocked his leg up a lamp post 😄
    Sorry mate in the Shep world we also get excited when the ears go up, some as early as 12 weeks and I did it myself tell the world his ears were up and two days later the feckers were down again, then up then down again when they are teething. Lol. 
  • Options

Gilbert waiting for his Americano.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Gilbert waiting for me to throw the ball, always up for it.
  • Options
    Don't you just love it when the weather starts to change!  :D

• Options
    Poo bin? Tree stump nearby! Perfect place to climb up and ask for a picture apparently.
  • Options

Gilbert, "You ain't seen me, right?"
  • Options
    My Labradoodle Sidney had been so brave today. Had his big toe amputated from his front right paw as vet fears a tumour there may be cancerous. Waiting for test results but all other checks ok so hoping for the best 🙏🐾🐾❤️
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    My Labradoodle Sidney had been so brave today. Had his big toe amputated from his front right paw as vet fears a tumour there may be cancerous. Waiting for test results but all other checks ok so hoping for the best 🙏🐾🐾❤️
    Fingers crossed all is well. 🤞
  • Options

Gorgeous, I miss our border collies so much!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Kap10 said:

Gorgeous, I miss our border collies so much!
    Thanks, they’re fabulous Dogs, I couldn’t have any other breed.

Can’t you get another?
  • Options
    Proper pissed off , my dog had come back from a week in kennels whilst we were away and has the worst case of the shits been having to let her out all night , when I picked her up I asked them anything we need to know , no dog is fine all good she has been a pleasure 

15 shits later the poor thing is whacked , fortunately she is drinking well but I haven’t fed her since picking her up , feel like collecting all the shit and throwing it at the kennels 
  • Options
    Stress D, the good thing about us having multiple dogs is they’ve got a pal with them. Boiled chicken and rice for a couple of days and boiled eggs will tighten things up a bit. Hopefully she hasn’t picked up a bug in there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ok dogs, off we feck I need to get the the karzy! 😉

• Options
    T_C_E said:

So how did your love affair with German Shepherds/Alsatians start  @T_C_E? and do you refer to them as German Shepherds or Alsatians?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

So how did your love affair with German Shepherds/Alsatians start  @T_C_E? and do you refer to them as German Shepherds or Alsatians?
    Can’t stand them mate. Big scarey, bitey things. 😉
    Firstly, always German Shepherds to me. 
    Long story short, Bailey our first was bought for my wife who wanted something to do as I was punting round the country watching Charlton or playing golf. Bailey is from show lines and she wanted to show him so we started at local shows in London etc. Before long we were attending shows further away and after one of those shows we were returning home my wife collapsed in the car with a suspected heart attack, while she was in hospital Bailey was at his peak of adolescence and a bastard like they all can be at age. So I picked up the baton of his training, I loved it. We trained daily behind shootershill nick, Bailey became my dog purely because he spent all the time with me as she recovered and it stayed that way as he matured. On paper my wife owns Bailey and I own JJ and Valli with Xena not kc registered to anyone. It’s very difficult to explain what Bailey in particular brings to the table in his work as a Therapy dog because you’d have to be there to see it, but the pure joy he brings to even the most fearful child will reduce most to tears. 

• Options
    Our Granddaughter Millie (3) walking Bailey home after school. 
    https://twitter.com/raybates57/status/1189132246084534278?s=21
  • Options
    Managed to get permission to photograph our two working as Reading dogs in the school, so if your dog are capable of doing that for 2 hours feel free to apply. 😂😂😂
  • Options
    We picked up our black lab Rosie just over a week ago. Thanks T_C_E and everyone else who offered advice, it was really appreciated..
    Are you feeding her severed penis for a treat?