Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Labradors, German Shepherds & Dogs.....

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2019
    We picked up our black lab Rosie just over a week ago. Thanks T_C_E and everyone else who offered advice, it was really appreciated..
    Are you feeding her severed penis for a treat?

I was wondering where that sex toy had got to.
  • Options

Stan telling me it’s time for walkies. 
  • Options
    We picked up our black lab Rosie just over a week ago. Thanks T_C_E and everyone else who offered advice, it was really appreciated..

Lol, it looks like a little Kong to me. Great for when puppy is teething. Fill with small treats, plug ends  with peanut butter and freeze overnight. It’ll save puppy chewing your furniture or door frames to soothe his aching gums. 😉
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Lol, it looks like a little Kong to me. Great for when puppy is teething. Fill with small treats, plug ends  with peanut butter and freeze overnight. It’ll save puppy chewing your furniture or door frames to soothe his aching gums. 😉

I'll give it a go T_C_E. We're at the gnawing fingers, ears and toes stage at the moment but I'm sure furniture is going to be next (she's already found a hole in her old sofa and is ripping out the stuffing). BTW my wife mentioned wiping Olbas Oil on wooden furniture to stop her chewing it. Is that something you've tried?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

I'll give it a go T_C_E. We're at the gnawing fingers, ears and toes stage at the moment but I'm sure furniture is going to be next (she's already found a hole in her old sofa and is ripping out the stuffing). BTW my wife mentioned wiping Olbas Oil on wooden furniture to stop her chewing it. Is that something you've tried?
    Vic’s sinex gel, makes their eyes water if they get a whiff but as their sense of smell is fantastic they steer clear. Wait until you find a bit they like then do it. it’s normally out of view. But the frozen Kong works a treat particularly if you are leaving the dog while going out.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Having some fun with JJ earlier today.

https://youtu.be/gmeiPsmbpzE
  • Options
    Ah your poor Dog Taxi Lad.  I'm sure he'll get the hang of it in no time and wont miss it.  Hopefully. 

Gorgeous puppy Santa!   You've all got fantastic looking dogs.  I love looking at them all. 
  • Options
    I ought to also put up a pic of my cockapoo Freddy too. No favouritism !!
    this is him trying out sitting up front in the cab.... more practice required 😕
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    T_C_E said:

Sorry @SantaClaus I missed the biting bit....... if puppy is biting/nipping. Scream and I mean scream, if puppy continues after you've screamed you're not doing it loud enough! Watch puppies playing if one gets too boisterous the other will yelp causing the other to walk away. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:

Sorry @SantaClaus I missed the biting bit....... if puppy is biting/nipping. Scream and I mean scream, if puppy continues after you've screamed you're not doing it loud enough! Watch puppies playing if one gets too boisterous the other will yelp causing the other to walk away. 
    I don't think it's anything excessive but my daughter and wife thinks she gets nippy when she's excited. We're going be more vocal from now on, just hope the neighbours don't call the police! Thanks again T_C_E
  • Options
    SantaClaus said:n
    T_C_E said:
    T_C_E said:

I don't think it's anything excessive but my daughter and wife thinks she gets nippy when she's excited. We're going be more vocal from now on, just hope the neighbours don't call the police! Thanks again T_C_E
    I get what your saying about “excessive “ but it has to be stopped while they are young especially with children. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Couldn't add text for some reason to the picture above. However this is our working dog Zeek, who is just about to take on the'criminal' wearing all the protective gear as he goes through the final stages of his training for his upcoming IGP 3 qualification. The guy wearing the gear is a police dog handler by trade and my Mrs, about 20 yds away, is giving commands in German to 'Zeek'. This is what a trained dog can do, but if you met him he is a gentle giant, unless we say otherwise that is!!!!
  • Options
    And here is Zeek attacking a few moments later-:

Image may contain one or more people dog and outdoor
  • Options
    He won the sleeve and posed with Mrs RM-:

Image may contain Ang Walden smiling sitting dog outdoor and nature

• Options
    and finally he just sat as a normal well behaved GSD-:
    Image may contain dog outdoor and nature

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A few more of Zeek working on the next few posts-:

• Options
    As you might be able to tell, we are very proud of him!!
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    When Bailey took on the Law and the  law nearly lost the sleeve. 😂😂
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5mc2YdhpNU&feature=youtu.be
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Saw a Greyhound kill a Squirrel in the park this morning,  I always find this distressing and went ballistic at the owner, who was unapologetic!

Should people who have these type of dogs that are fast and spend most of the time hunting, take more responsibility and muzzle their dogs?

I know most dogs will often chase but most get nowhere near them!

i personally feel owners should take responsibility and muzzle or do something that prevents this happening.

i know a lot of people consider grey squirrels vermin/pest-I personally don’t-it is a life after all and not ours to take.
  • Options
    Saw a Greyhound kill a Squirrel in the park this, I always find this distressing and went ballistic at the owner, who was unapologetic!

Should people who have these type of dogs that are fast and spend most of the time hunting, take more responsibility and muzzle their dogs?

I know most dogs will often chase but most get nowhere near them!

i personally feel owners should take responsibility and muzzle or do something that prevents this happening.

i know a lot of people consider grey squirrels vermin/pest-I personally don’t-it is a life after all and not ours to take.
    Using dogs to hunt in my opinion is very wrong especially in packs, but we have to remember that some breeds have a very strong prey drive. From small terriers to much larger breeds, as you say more often than not they won't catch their target but the natural instinct is there as it is with all animals, some cat owners will be happy let their cat chase or kill a mouse in the house but get very upset if a dog chases their cat. Our JJ caught a rabbit in the school field which bolted from the long grass and in front of him, there was no chase and he dispatched it with one bite. As distressed as I was, id have been very wrong to b*llock my dog in fact as I do I blamed myself as I simply wasn't able to give him a "Leave" command quick enough, I simply bagged it up, froze it for a couple of weeks and it was fed to them as part of the food chain. If animals distract my dogs when they are off lead I use it to practice my recall and turn it into a training exercise. Even the bite work seen above with my Bailey is prey driven, often mistaken for teaching dogs to bite he only wants the sleeve if the helper was to take the sleeve off Bailey would play with it. Police and security dogs are trained to go that one step further. 
  • Options
    I know these things happen @T_C_E but when owners show no responsibility, in fact I've even seen owners encouraging their dogs to chase squirrels, I feel that that's totally out of order and is really disgraceful behaviour!
  • Options
    I know these things happen @T_C_E but when owners show no responsibility, in fact I've even seen owners encouraging their dogs to chase squirrels, I feel that that's totally out of order and is really disgraceful behaviour!
    Mate, welcome to the world of dog ownership.

20 minutes ago I was out with two of mine a smaller breed owner passed on the other side of the road, her dog barked at mine and JJ replied.
    With that she bent down and clumped her dog, I asked not to hit her dog as a bark as its merely noise off she went looking very embarrassed. Absolutely no reason to hit a dog because its doing something you don't approve of training is the best correction.

https://youtu.be/Gw5An6gjWL8