Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++++CHARLTON LIFE WORLD CUP SPREAD BETTING COMPETITION (CLOSED - WINNER - DAVE STORRY+

123457»

Comments

• Options
    And if Spain win the top three are:
    Dave Storry,  RedArmySE7 (equal on money, not sure about the tie break) and AFKA 
    and the bottom three are:
    Stonemuse, AdamtheAddict and Budleighaddick (bottom)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Game of Liars Poker anyone? : - )

i'm just finishing that book at the moment!
  • Options
    Come on you Reds !!
  • Options
    Very close in the end. DaveStorry wins using the Number of Goals Prediction Tie Breaker. Even that is only by one goal!
  • Options
    Good Comp. Thanks AFKA and Red in SE8

Ashamed to have finished behind the likes of Addickted, Nth London Addick and Brunello but still a respectable top 12 finish.

same again in four years time?
  • Options
    Get in there a top 10 finish where do i get my 11 grand ?????????????????????????????????
  • Options
    11th, not bad. Knew England wouldn't let me down, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Profit, all that matters.
  • Options
    Well done all involved.
    AFKA - did you use the real life point spreads and values for each round?
    If so, we are bloody good !!!!!!
  • Options
    Cheers guys for arranging and doing all the donkey work on the spreadsheet.

Added a bit of interest to an otherwise disappointing world cup.

I'm somewhat surprised to have come out on top.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2010
    [cite]Posted By: DaveStorry[/cite]Cheers guys for arranging and doing all the donkey work on the spreadsheet.

Added a bit of interest to an otherwise disappointing world cup.

I'm somewhat surprised to have come out on top.

Well done, that's a nice profit!
  • Options
    Just found out i won the F365 WC cup betting comp, out of 99 people. Won a £100 free bet with Skybet.

Nice surprise.
  • Options
    Congratulations to Dave Storry on winning the coveted signed Charlton Shirt, and commiserations to Red ArmySE7 for missing out on the tie-break by just a single goal (and thank gawd i included the tie break !)

Thanks to the 67 of you for participating in the competition, and thanks to Red in SE8 and redzed for providing the updates. I still reckon at least 20 of you still have no idea what the competition was about, yet 49 of you ended up making a profit, which is impressive. If it wasn't for me stupidly backing Cameroon, i would have run away with it.

Had Holland won, Mr One Lung would have been the winner.

We'll have a few more competitions planned for the start of the season, so keep your eyes peeled before it all kicks off.

And don't take any betting advice off Budleigh Addick, Adamtheaddick and RodneyCharltonTrotta !!
  • Options
    well done storry ..... good judge!
  • Options
    Can't wait for the next World Cup, I'll definitely have a bash at this spread betting malarky...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Congratulations toDave Storryon winning the coveted signed Charlton Shirt, and commiserations to Red ArmySE7 for missing out on the tie-break by just a single goal (and thank gawd i included the tie break !)

Thanks to the 67 of you for participating in the competition, and thanks to Red in SE8 and redzed for providing the updates. I still reckon at least 20 of you still have no idea what the competition was about, yet 49 of you ended up making a profit, which is impressive. If it wasn't for me stupidly backing Cameroon, i would have run away with it.

Had Holland won, Mr One Lung would have been the winner.

We'll have a few more competitions planned for the start of the season, so keep your eyes peeled before it all kicks off.

And don't take any betting advice off Budleigh Addick, Adamtheaddick and RodneyCharltonTrotta !!

that will be me then 79 goals shows how much attention i pay to previous tournements
  • Options
    I did alright for not having a scooby what I was doing! I'd love to tell you all it was calculations and thinking but I simply got lucky then picked a random number!
  • Options
    Can't open the linkythingy:
    How'd I do (not having a clue!).
  • Options
    MOG, you come 36th, making an overall profit of 3,600, thanks very much to backing Spain on your 2nd highest bet.

You lost 3,000 backing Brazil
    You made 8,550 backing Spain
    You lost 700 backing Argentina
    You lost 1,250 backing England
  • Options
    If you send me a .xml of the final placings I'll post a web link for the visually dis-impaired and thicko's computer uninitiated...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feck, just read this.. ha ha ha 2nd bottom. Might have somthing to do with the fact I had no idea what I was doing.. very poor, very poor indeed. I will stick to normal betting as won 30 notes last month on a patent bet, know where I am with odds not this spread betting malarky, no proffesional footballer could ever get into this its way to difficult!!!
  • Options
    Web version of Final Table...

What it says on the tin...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]If you send me a .xml of the final placings I'll post a web link for the visually dis-impaired and Thicko MOG computer uninitiated...