Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++++CHARLTON LIFE WORLD CUP SPREAD BETTING COMPETITION (CLOSED - WINNER - DAVE STORRY+

Comments

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]How about a list of people who CAN win it.[/quote]

Working that out is beyond my excel skills. But, I reckon if you don't have both an open £200 buy bet and an open £150 buy bet you have little chance of winning. But I may be wrong![/quote]

Make you right with that,
  • Options
    get in there!

Uruguay at 200 YES
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]get in there!

Uruguay at 200 YES
    Nobody likes a cheat...
  • Options
    CatAddick is the new club house leader.
  • Options
    Nice one.

Really good to read.

Cheers Red in SE8

PS Still top : - )

PPS Big game for Brunello today. He sold Argentina and bought Germany.
  • Options
    Holland getting to final should push me towards the top.

Think 'Heath Hero' is going to be the one to watch (bought Argentina, Holland and Spain)
  • Options
    After the first game today we have a new leader and a new clubhouse leader.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Latest Goals Predicted Table..

Unless you know otherwise there have been 132 goals scored up to and including the Germany v Argentina Game...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    as I said big game for Brunello. Buying Germany and Uruguay are two great calls.

Even a Uruguay win wont be enough for me to win now.

Thanks for the updates Red in SE8
  • Options
    After both games today. No change in club house lead or overall lead but the people with the £200 buy Spain bets are begining to move up the table.
  • Options
    The current value of all 'in the money' bets is now £163,300.

The value of all 'out of the money' bets is now £83,950.

Original stake money £33,500.

The AFKA Spreadbet index is now showing a notional loss of £45,850 (£163,300-(£83,950+33,500) = £45,850.)
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates Red_in_SE8, I take it AFKA is insured for the payouts on his index ! Really appreciate you taking the time to put these up, keep it up and good luck to those (unlike me) who still have a chance of winning.
  • Options
    well and truly last ..... that may explain why my betfair account is empty and i've chose to close the poxy thing down ...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]well and truly last ..... that may explain why my betfair account is empty and i've chose to close the poxy thing down ...

Don't worry oohaah I've got some way further to fall yet having sold Spain!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Red in SE8, Red Zed,

noticed some errors in the ones you have updated. You have Italy bought at 27 when it should be 29. Might be others but i've not got time to check at mo.

Will post up the actual current standings later today, but the top 9 are not affected.
  • Options
    I thought Ooohaahh as always right? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I thought Ooohaahh as always right? :-)

only on things concerning charlton am i always right ......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's not my fault, blame Red in SE8, he sent me the spreadsheet, if any one's to blame, it's him, blame him, he's the one, he did it, not me, I didn't do it, it was nothing to do with me, I'm innocent, so please don't blame me, blame him...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I thought Ooohaahh as always right? :-)

only on things concerning charlton am i always right ......
    If it makes you feel any better, OohAah, if my sums are right, you're off the bottom.
  • Options
    cheers ali ... but my incessant backing of favourites is pathetic!
  • Options
    After first semi-final we have a new leader and club house leader. The error with the spread for Italy (which has now been corrected) meant that the loss for all the Italy buy bets was understated by between £400 and £100 in previous versions of the spreadsheet.
  • Options
    Right sorry just to confirm is the reason im so down is:

Spreadbetting is based on per point for stake eg. £50 on holland winning, so any points more then predicted they have got i will get £50 is that right?

just to clear up in my confused head at the mo, cheers for updating red_in_se8. If only England hadn't let me down

good feature maybe we can do a smilar thing for League 1 this season if its not too much hassle or is this a one of? as i imagine a lot of time gets put into this
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Right sorry just to confirm is the reason im so down is:

Spreadbetting is based on per point for stake eg. £50 on holland winning, so any points more then predicted they have got i will get £50 is that right?

Yes. So if Holland win they get 100 points. You bought them at 28 with your £50 bet. That bet will be worth 72 points (100 - 28) which is worth £3,600 (72 x £50).
  • Options
    In the clubhouse with an 11k profit.

Not enough for a massive bonus but should keep my job as a city trader for another 3 months.

Game of Liars Poker anyone? : - )
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]In the clubhouse with an 11k profit.

Not enough for a massive bonus but should keep my job as a city trader for another 3 months.

Game of Liars Poker anyone? : - )

My headhunting calls have just started to come in.

Does Nigeria have a stock exchange?

:-)
  • Options
    New club house leader and overall leader (although only on the Goals Prediction Tie Breaker). Only 2 people can win now.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    If my sums are right, if Holland win the top three are:
    MrOneLung (top)  Boom and Addickted 
    and the bottom three are:
    RodneyCharltonTrotta, oohaahmortimer and Budleighaddick (bottom)