Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++++CHARLTON LIFE WORLD CUP SPREAD BETTING COMPETITION (CLOSED - WINNER - DAVE STORRY+

Comments

• Options
    Fricking Switzerland!
  • Options
    Well, I'll make a profit at least : - )

Still think I can win it with Uruguay beating Chile in the Semis!!

Lot of people went big on either selling or buying Brazil and Argentina so their progress will have a big impact.
  • Options
    Clear as mud...
  • Options
    Chile out so all my eggs in the Uruguayan basket now
  • Options
    Situation after games on 28 June
  • Options
    i was having bit of a mare having backed italy and france, but at least germany went through
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Situation after games on 28 June[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_726893 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][li class=Attachment pdf value=0]CharltonLifeSpreadBet(AfterAllGamesOn28June).pdf[/li][/ul][/div]
    Looks interesting, what is it...?

What do all the columns represent and how do you make the calculations to get to the far right table...?

I like messing about with spread sheets and could make one and put it online, I think they look a lot prettier...

If your original was a spreadsheet, send it to me and I'll upload it with a link for you...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]Situation after games on 28 June[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_726893 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][li]CharltonLifeSpreadBet(AfterAllGamesOn28June).pdf[/li][/ul][/div]
    Looks interesting, what is it...?

What do all the columns represent and how do you make the calculations to get to the far right table...?

I like messing about with spread sheets and could make one and put it online, I think they look a lot prettier...

If your original was a spreadsheet, send it to me and I'll upload it with a link for you...

When I post the update after today's games I will include headers that might make it more readable.

The far right table is a look up table used by the formulas in the main body. I simply update this table manually with a country's new points score if they win through to the next round and this results in all the points and bet values in the main body being recalculated.

You can't upload a spreadsheet on here but if you want a copy of the original spreadsheet (which is in windows 2007 format) send me a whisper with your e.mail address and I will send it to you.
  • Options
    Not much movement after tonights game. Still only 2 people in the clubhouse. My tactic of selecting 4 unfancied sides I thought would all get to the last 16 and some to the last last 8 looks pretty silly now. The pdf has headings now and I worked out a way to calculate completed bets and how to indicate when a all four bets for a player have been closed.
  • Options
    Sorry, REDzed, I was looking in the thread for your message. I have just noticed the message is in a separate thread. I will send you the spreadsheet now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just noticed a mistake. I marked Paraguay as having been knocked out instead of Portugal. I had recorded the correct points though. But it does mean that in fact there are now 5 people in the cubhouse, Plaayer is still the clubhouse leader and I am not going to finish bottom.
  • Options
    Red, cheers for doing these updates, much appreciated. I haven't noticed from the first one us being out in any form of configuration so think you are doing everything correctly.

Please add to your s/sheet two entrants i failed to notice had entered before the tournament started.

Clivey Hero -

200 buy Brazil
    150 sell Ivory Coast
    100 sell Chile
    50 buy Ghana

(very strong bets)

Frank Gallagher

200 buy Argentina
    150 sell Portugal
    100 sell France
    40 buy Uruguay
  • Options
    Just tarted it up a bit to make for easier access and easier on the eye...

Spread Betting Table Link...
  • Options
    PDF with the Clivey Hero and Fank Gallagher added.
  • Options
    Anyone know how many goals have been scored so far...?
  • Options
    I dont get how im so far down thought only betted £500 ;o)

Im royally screwed, need holland to win to even break even

i fail at betting! lol, bloody England
  • Options
    Need to the Argies to win the whole thing really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Need to the Argies to win the whole thing really.

not a bad bet there JT, although what do i know :P
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    Im royally screwed, need holland to win to even break even

You wouldn't even achieve that Johnny, if Holland win it you'll finish with -1,550 :-)
  • Options
    In "the Real World",not understanding a thing about this, how am I doing ?
    (I've no idea!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]In "the Real World",not understanding a thing about this, how am I doing ?
    (I've no idea!)

Well, with a good chance of Brazil, Spain and Argentina making it to the semis, and the possibility of Brazil playing Spain in the final, if I was a betting man, I would be placing a lot of money on you to win this competition.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]In "the Real World",not understanding a thing about this, how am I doing ?
    (I've no idea!)

Well, with a good chance of Brazil, Spain and Argentina making it to the semis, and the possibility of Brazil playing Spain in the final, if I was a betting man, I would be placing a lot of money on you to win this competition.

So I won't owe somebody Thousands of Pounds ?

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Anyone know how many goals have been scored so far...?
    By my calculations
    In normal time 122
    Including ET 123
    Including ET and penalties 131
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CatAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Anyone know how many goals have been scored so far...?
    By my calculations
    In normal time 122
    Including ET 123
    Including ET and penalties 131
    Do penalty shoot out goals count...?
  • Options
    Only normal time goals count, and it only comes into play in the unlikely event of a tie.
  • Options
    As there has been nothing new to post for the last few days I thought it would interesting to calculate and keep track of how the newly formed AFKA Spreadbet Index Corporation is doing with its first foray into the UK market.

The AFKA Spreadbet index took in a total of £33,500 in stake money.

The value of all current 'in the money' bets is £61,900.

The value of all 'out of the money' bets is £163,800.

This means the AFKA Spreadbet Index is sitting on a notional profit of £135,400.
  • Options
    How about a list of people who CAN win it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]How about a list of people who CAN win it.

Working that out is beyond my excel skills. But, I reckon if you don't have both an open £200 buy bet and an open £150 buy bet you have little chance of winning. But I may be wrong!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]As there has been nothing new to post for the last few days I thought it would interesting to calculate and keep track of how the newly formed AFKA Spreadbet Index Corporation is doing with its first foray into the UK market.

The AFKA Spreadbet index took in a total of £33,500 in stake money.

The value of all current 'in the money' bets is £61,900.

The value of all 'out of the money' bets is £163,800.

This means the AFKA Spreadbet Index is sitting on a notional profit of £135,400.
    You wot...?
  • Options
    135,400-00 pounds that could give Charlton a chance to buy a player.Go on be a devil give it to them.