Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++++CHARLTON LIFE WORLD CUP SPREAD BETTING COMPETITION (CLOSED - WINNER - DAVE STORRY+

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Bought Mexico at £100 and sold France for £150.
    Plus the Argies my maximum buy, yesterday was a good day.

Sold Italy too....
  • Options
    So whoever sold France is quids in.

Lots of money on Spain. Could go out if don't beat Chile which is no gimme
  • Options
    £100x SELL France @ 23
    £50x BUY Mexico @ 10

what does it mean to me henners i never understood this bloody game it took smudge shit loads of whispers
  • Options
    Means you've earnt £2300 on France and £750 so far on Mexico.
  • Options
    where do i collect my money smudge must be minted to be giving this away you can poke your badges ;-)
  • Options
    £2300 on france ie 23 what you paid

If bought mexico @ 10 then not won anything on them yet but will if they get through next round, at worst you break even on them.

I think ; - )
  • Options
    God bless you South Korea.
  • Options
    Apologies I thought 2nd round was 25 points.
  • Options
    Henry your comment re spain.

Remove the words Spain and Chile and substitute England & Slovenia
  • Options
    £150 sell france @ 23 Won £3450

£100 buy chile @ 17 Should get out of group but if lose looking at £700 loss

£50 buy usa @ 12 Max £100 loss. would make £650 if make quarters

£ 200 buy uraguay @ 8 Made £400 already. Need them to have a good run to have any chance of winner. Semi final defeat might even be enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Bought Mexico at £100 and sold France for £150.
    Plus the Argies my maximum buy, yesterday was a good day.

Sold Italy too....

Perfect.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    well done JT ... now concentrate on your job at hand and update the countdown thread ffs
  • Options
    looking like a winning beat at the mo.

But if Uraguay beat US in the semi....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]well done JT ... now concentrate on your job at hand and update the countdown thread ffs

You obviously haven't seen the latest update then ;-)
  • Options
    Sold England at £100 = £2,300 if I've understood it correctly.

Small compensation. Would rather we progressed.
  • Options
    Will have everything updated tomorrow.
  • Options
    look forward to that update.

USA out, chile at risk.

All on buying Uraguay at 200 but doubt it will be enough unless they make the final.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I was calculating my abysmal score so far and decided to give myself a little Excel challenge and devised a way of calculating everyone's score so far based on points currently won by each country. So, if I have understood the rules correctly I think the current standings are in the pdf below.

If my understanding of spread betting is correct, if Mexico get beaten by Argentina tonight, as well as losing my original £500 stake, I owe someone £2,202.
  • Options
    I am really that far down? B**locks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]I am really that far down? B**locks
    You let your heart rule your head backing England, didn't you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nope!

Sold France, Italy
    Bought Argies & Mexico.....
  • Options
    erm, that's not what it says on the PDF I'm looking at.
  • Options
    Best you look again fella.
  • Options
    JT, the pdf with Red in SE8's score calculations on it does - that's why you're so far down.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well spotted Aliwible. JT was in the first two lines of the original PDF and I was using those two lines to test the formula by changing the data. I have changed JT's £200 bet back to Argentina and resorted. This is all very un official and there may be errors in my interpretation of the rules and conversion of the PDF into an Excel document. AFKA's update is the important one.

Also noticed I was adding the points column of the second bet to the total Bet value rather than the value column of the second bet. Wish I hadn't started this now!
  • Options
    why are brazil shown as a positive no.? Are they not still a loss at the mo?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]why are brazil shown as a positive no.? Are they not still a loss at the mo?

i'm guessing, not having looked, that brazil's current value(the price the spread bookie has now) would have them valued around the semi- final and so maybe that is why they are valued at whatever it is
  • Options
    If I have understood the rules correctly, if you sold Brazil you would have a positive points score at the moment (38 - 10 = 28); 10 being their current points score) and if you bought them you would have a negative points score at the moment (10 - 40 = -30). If Brazil win their next game they will have 25 points which means the sold bets on Brazil will show a current ponts score of 13 (38 -25) and the bought bets will show a current score of -15 (25 -40).
  • Options
    Thanks Red in SE8, I missed that the left hand column was sold.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Red in SE8's PDF is correct as things currently stand (except Clivey Hero needs to be added in, as i failed to see his original email).

Just as importantly, the number of 'bets' still open is a factor.

Excluding Clivey Hero (as i can't access the email at present) only 3 players still have all four bets open - Brunello, paulbaconsarnie and Paddy Powell

28 punters still have 3 bets open

21 have 2 bets open

11 have 1 bet open

2 (Plaaayer +2,300 and Red in SE8 -2,500) have no bets left open.

So Plaaayer is effectively the first 'clubhouse leader'.