Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++++CHARLTON LIFE WORLD CUP SPREAD BETTING COMPETITION (CLOSED - WINNER - DAVE STORRY+

Comments

• Options
    Just wondering if my whisper worked. I haven't completely grasped this concept but hopefully made some logical guesses.
  • Options
    Yes folev, and no probs can addick
  • Options
    Did mine work? I'm just surprised that you haven't told everyone else not to bother because the winning entry has now been made.
  • Options
    I'd want some kind of doctorate for working that out.Not a signed bloody Charlton shirt. ;-)
  • Options
    When will the details of each players selections be released..?
  • Options
    later this afternoon if i get time to type them all on, if not over the weekend. Will try for this afternoon though.

58 in so far.

If you think you've entered and not on the list below, give me a shout

1 - stonemuse
    2 - JT
    3 - CHG
    4 - Henry Irving
    5 - Kigelia
    6 - Swisdom
    7 - Paddy Powell
    8 - oohaah
    9 - theenorth
    10 - No 1 in South London
    11 - Robbo on the wing
    12 - Threadkiller
    13 - Johnnybev
    14 - Len Glover
    15 - Charltonparklane
    16 - ValleyGary
    17 - Red God
    18 - Brunello
    19 - Boom
    20 - Red ArmySE7
    21 - Mr One Lung
    22 - Carl Leaburn
    23 - shirty5
    24 - oldbloke
    25 - Scoham
    26 - colthe3rd
    27 - The Red Robin
    28 - Nicholas
    29 - Swerve
    30 - vancouver addick
    31 - cedric winkleburger
    32 - eastbourne addick
    33 - Terry Naylor
    34 - Gray9
    35 - MOG
    36 – AFKA
    37- Dave Storry
    38 – Plaayer
    39 – Lawrie Abrahams
    40 – NLA
    41 – Stackitsteve
    42 – Craigcafc
    43 – Lewis Coaches
    44 – cafc7-6htfc
    45 – Heath Hero
    46 – CAFCBourne
    47 – Can-addick
    48 – Need a Pint (2)
    49 – dabos
    50 – cafcdan18
    51 – Cataddick
    52 – American Addick
    53 – Red in SE8
    54 – Paulbaconsarnie
    55 – Budleighaddick
    56 – Folav the red
    57 – Adamtheaddick
    58 – Zinedine Bagheri
  • Options
    lucky number 13 for me, has winner written all over it :o)
  • Options
    Anyone still interested but not fully sure of the concept still, just completely forget about the spread / points thing and just send me the following in a whisper

£200 - Buy / Sell - Country
    £150 - Buy / Sell - Country
    £100 - Buy / Sell - Country
    £50 - Buy / Sell - Country

Goals in competition - x

If you think a country is going to do better than expected, buy them, if you think a country is going to do worse than expected, sell them.

61 teams so far.

All predictions and some stats will be posted this afternoon.
  • Options
    And so far, no two entries have been identical
  • Options
    Got a feeling the range for the 'how many goals in total' could be huge
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Anyone still interested but not fully sure of the concept still, just completely forget about the spread / points thing and just send me cash - I will invest it for you and let you know if you are a winner

stop abusing your position of power !!!!!
  • Options
    Shouldn't the deadline be 3 pm today, the kick off time of the first match?
  • Options
    damn, thought the first game was 4pm !

3pm it is then !
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]damn, thought the first game was 4pm !

3pm it is then !

Pah !
    Call yourself a "Fan" of "The Beautiful Game" ?

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]And so far, no two entries have been identical
    Probably don't want to say, but what about the range of number of goals, just how low and high has anyone gone?

I don't actually know what the average number of goals is, I just went a bit higher than your example.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]And so far, no two entries have been identical
    Probably don't want to say, but what about the range of number of goals, just how low and high has anyone gone?

I don't actually know what the average number of goals is, I just went a bit higher than your example.

Personally i worked out 118 games and went for nearer 200 goals so just under 2 goals a game
  • Options
    Following an incredible late flurry, the amount of entrants was boosted to err, 65, for the inaugral Charlton Life World Cup competition.

Congratulations to every one of you for understanding the concept, though in the case of RalphMilnesGut, who used his biggest stake to Sell North Korea @ 1pt, i'm not convinced it was fully understood :-)

I'm still awaiting Goals in Competition guesses from:

theenorth
    Red God
    Nicholas
    Lewis Coaches
    CAFCBourne

A full list of everyones bets will be posted over the weekend.

Spain were the most bought country, followed by Brazil and Holland.

France and Portugal, followed by Brazil, were the most sold countries.

Thoughts on England's World Cup bid were almost evenly split, they were bought 11 times but sold 9 times.

Algeria, Honduras, New Zealand and Slovenia received no bets.

Goals in competition guesses so far have ranged from 79 to an incredible 333.
  • Options
    333 goals in 64 games? Over 5 goals per game in every game, fantastic!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stackitsteve[/cite]333 goals in 64 games? Over 5 goals per game in every game, fantastic!

theres not 64 games
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stackitsteve[/cite]333 goals in 64 games? Over 5 goals per game in every game, fantastic!

theres not 64 games

There Are 64 games.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I used FIFA.com for average goals - worked out about 2.67 per game last time and a little less before that
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I used FIFA.com for average goals - worked out about 2.67 per game last time and a little less before that

The New York Times had a story on the probable number of goals in the tournament. Their estimate, based on the number of teams, games and scoring trends was 160 for this World Cup.
  • Options
    79 that was me
  • Options
    it will be between 135-160 goals.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I used FIFA.com for average goals - worked out about 2.67 per game last time and a little less before that

The New York Times had a story on the probable number of goals in the tournament. Their estimate, based on the number of teams, games and scoring trends was 160 for this World Cup.

I think 160 was what i said, wicked
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stackitsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: American_Addick[/cite]

I think 160 was what i said, wicked

I guessed 159 so my research was spot on
  • Options
    Afka, just got back from hols, and seen this, am I too late?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Afka, just got back from hols, and seen this, am I too late?

About 2 days too late I'd say.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Afka, just got back from hols, and seen this, am I too late?

About 2 days too late I'd say.

i think the closed in the thread title gives it away also :)