Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++++CHARLTON LIFE WORLD CUP SPREAD BETTING COMPETITION (CLOSED - WINNER - DAVE STORRY+

Comments

• Options
    Am I the only one that's entered this without a clue what it's all about...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Am I the only one that's entered this without a clue what it's all about...?

Nope.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]Am I the only one that's entered this without a clue what it's all about...?

nope took me 3 whispers and i got the goals well wrong ;-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Afka, just got back from hols, and seen this, am I too late?

sorry creepy, afraid so.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Afka, just got back from hols, and seen this, am I too late?

sorry creepy, afraid so.
    OK cheers mate
  • Options
    Breakdown of everyone's bets:
  • Options
    Summary analysis of bets:
  • Options
    Ralphmilnesgut has sold North Korea at £200. As they are almost certain to go out at the group stage he will double his money. Just trying to work out if thats a smart move......?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Ralphmilnesgut has sold North Korea at £200. As they are almost certain to go out at the group stage he will double his money. Just trying to work out if thats a smart move......?

I have never been accused of being smart. What are the other alternatives?

Who was the idiot that went for 333 goals:-)
  • Options
    Chile won and looking good. Need Uruguay to win tonight.

Lots of people went for Spain and/or Brazil and they could face each other in the round of 16.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Lots of people went for Spain and/or Brazil and they could face each other in the round of 16.

Yep great result for me. I bought Spain and sold Brazil, so will either sink or swim on that one in the 2nd round if they meet.

Not so sure on my purchase of Cameroon though.....
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Yep great result for me. I bought Spain and sold Brazil, so will either sink or swim on that one in the 2nd round if they meet.

Not so sure on my purchase of Cameroon though.....

Interesting.

buying Uruguay at £200 looking good at the mo.

Need Mexixo to turn over France as I sold the French.
  • Options
    Bought the Swiss for £50 and i believe Plaayer bought them at £100.

Cant believe Spain might play Brazil in the last 16, then the winner looking at playing Holland in the quarters! Gonna make Italys path slightly easier, and they are still 14/1 most places.
  • Options
    Glad i didn't touch Spain, England biggest bet need them to get their ass in gear, Chile won so in good position(but still 2 games to go), Sold Portugal who drew dunno whether thats good or bad would have prefered they lost, Holland won but used least money so potentially not going to win much there unless they win

In summary i dont think im going to win lol still a long way to go though so you never know
  • Options
    16 happy people who sold France.
  • Options
    Hell yeah and a good few happy that bought mexico

the spain buying will cost me ;-(

come on the serbs
  • Options
    dabos and Addickted both bought Mexico and sold France, looking canny business
  • Options
    £50x BUY Mexico @ 10
    £100x SELL France @ 23
    £200x BUY Spain @ 43
    £150x BUY Serbia @ 12

come the spanish and the sebs
  • Options
    sold france and bought U R Gay, chilly and US of A so happy enough so far.

Not sure if the three buys will go far enough to make enough of profit to win the competition though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]sold france and bought U R Gay, chilly and US of A so happy enough so far.

Not sure if the three buys will go far enough to make enough of profit to win the competition though.

that's the thing, though you could record a decent + balance, i'm pretty convinced you're gonna have to have bought the winner to win it. We'll see
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bought Mexico at £100 and sold France for £150.
    Plus the Argies my maximum buy, yesterday was a good day.
  • Options
    Good work JT.

Bought the Swiss @ £100 and Mexico @ £50. Want Ivory Cost to go out though as I sold them @ £200. Come on Sven sort it out!
  • Options
    South Korea had a blip yesterday after buying them at £150. Still fancy them to beat Nigeria who are cack.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]South Korea had a blip yesterday after buying them at £150. Still fancy them to beat Nigeria who are cack.

you say that but they deserved to beat greece yesterday, just for one silly idiot getting sent of otherwise they would have walked it. i think that game could go either way nigeria arent as bad as people think, should be a good game though.
  • Options
    My only wish is that I understood any of this :-)
  • Options
    I havent got a spread account but what are the current markets showing compared to the starting quotes.

Think in a real situation i'd be selling out at a profit on France now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]sold france and bought U R Gay, chilly and US of A so happy enough so far.

that's the thing, though you could record a decent + balance, i'm pretty convinced you're gonna have to have bought the winner to win it. We'll see

If France go out in the grouo I'm up £3450 if I'm understanding this right. £150 x 23

Got Uraguay at £200 so I need a decent run from them. Bought at 8 so qualification to last 16 will net £400 at least.

Southern Canada's last Equaliser v Slovenia still give me a chance of something from them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]I havent got a spread account but what are the current markets showing compared to the starting quotes.

Think in a real situation i'd be selling out at a profit on France now.

you would mate, they are currently quoted at a spread of 1-3 on Sporting Index.

England are still up at 26-29.
  • Options
    so the serbs won yesterday so i could have trhe added bonus that if germany draw or lose with Ghana and serbia beat the aussies that my spread looks good but also the germans would be out
  • Options
    Think I bought England,Argies,Spain & Brazil:
    Still not sure If I dun right ?
    ;-)