Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why Parky must go.

12346»

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]LargeAddick: "I can honestly say that in many respects this is the worst Charlton team I have ever witnessed since I started supporting in 1972"

A team that has played 36, won 18 - only losing 6 - and scored 61 goals.

This line seems to keep cropping up (not only you LA) and I just don't understand it.
    There must have been MUCH worse Charlton teams over the years

You do realise this is the lowest the club has been during it's history.

The goat idea was mine, it would have worked too, had Gumbo not run off to marry her, leaving us with Pardkinson :(
  • Ok can someone confirm to me the lowest position and lowest league we ever played in because i think Stu is wrong here!
  • Name Dates Achievements

Walter Rayner June 1920 – May 1925

Alex 'Sandy' MacFarlane May 1925 – January 1928

Albert Lindon January 1928 – June 1928

Alex 'Sandy' MacFarlane June 1928 – December 1932 Division Three Champions (1929)

Albert Lindon December 1932 – May 1933

Jimmy Seed May 1933 – September 1956 Division Three Champions (1935);
    Division Two runners up (1936);
    Football League runners up (1937);
    FA Cup runners up 1946; FA Cup winners 1947

David Clark (caretaker) September 1956

Jimmy Trotter September 1956 – October 1961

David Clark (caretaker) October 1961 – November 1961

Frank Hill November 1961 – August 1965

Bob Stokoe August 1965 – September 1967

Eddie Firmani September 1967 – March 1970

Theo Foley March 1970 – April 1974

Les Gore (caretaker) April 1974 – May 1974

Andy Nelson May 1974 – March 1980 Division Three 3rd place (promoted - 1975)

Mike Bailey March 1980 – June 1981 Division Three 3rd place (promoted - 1981)

Alan Mullery June 1981 – June 1982

Ken Craggs June 1982 – November 1982

Lennie Lawrence November 1982 – July 1991 Division Two runners up (1986);

Full Members Cup runners up (1987)

Alan Curbishley & Steve Gritt July 1991 – June 1995

Alan Curbishley June 1995 – May 2006 Division One play-off winners (1998); Football League Champions (2000)

Iain Dowie May 2006 – November 2006

Les Reed November 2006 – December 2006

Alan Pardew December 2006 – November 2008

Phil Parkinson November 2008 – Present
    Think this proves we have been at this low level before![quote\]
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Ok can someone confirm to me the lowest position and lowest league we ever played in because i think Stu is wrong here!

No doubt he's wrong about that but I think it just feels that way to many who haven't been here before. I have, didn't like it then and don't like it now but I think the whole of this thread is indicative of the lack of confidence in our team being able to raise their game when it matter most and the growing feeling that we are not going to make the top two spots by some distance.

It is stil possible of course and we should support the team 100% in going for it but I know I feel a lot of frustration because this league was there for the taking but we seem to be making such hard work of it aty the moment!
  • 100% agree bournemouth 100%
  • [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]lack of confidence in our team being able to raise their game when it matter most and the growing feeling that we are not going to make the top two spots by some distance.
    True and I think that's something everyone can agree on. It's just not everyone can agree on who's fault it is when the players don't raise their game (or some argue, simply play to their true ability).
    [cite]Posted By: Bournemouth Addick[/cite]we seem to be making such hard work of it aty the moment!
    I think that's where more of the disagreements come, we are making hard work of it, by there are different reasons why we are doing that.

Some say we have a team of good Championship standard players but have a poor manager. A good team with a poor manager will look average, but then so will an average team with an average manager.

Others say we have some weaknesses in our squad in particular up front and that most players are not proven Championship players, so you'd need a very good manager to get them winning the league.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Ok can someone confirm to me the lowest position and lowest league we ever played in because i think Stu is wrong here!

I didn't say we hadn't been this low before, just it was the lowest we'd been, ie no lower.

No wonder you want to be a pig....
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]No wonder you want to be a pig...
    Apologies for misinterpreting you Stu but there really is no need to make a personal attack is there?
  • Wow. That drinkingduringthegame blog comes to mind reading this thread.
  • Why Parky must go

Charlton 2 - Gillingham 2