Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why Parky must go.

Comments

• difference between parky and kinsella is that the latter is a club legend.

give him a chance, if not now, then at the end of the seasonn
  • [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]difference between parky and kinsella is that the latter is a club legend.

give him a chance, if not now, then at the end of the seasonn

Mark Kinsella is a playing legend. He's hardly covering himself in glory from a coaching point of view. That's not to say he's been terrible, but what evidence is there to suggest he'd make a good manager?
  • aye and Parky apparently did previously, and look how poor he is, so not much to lose methinks.

Not sure what the answer is really though, perhaps a completely new face would give it all a good kick up the arse, but then again perhaps not.
  • Kinsella has been part of the Pardew and Parky regime, imho his legendary status could be compromised if he takes over.

I think we need an experienced manager, would not object to someone like Coppell or Jewll but doubt we could afford them
  • so its the fans fault then ?

we just aint giving poor old parky enough time-- FFS are you sure ? i think we gave him plenty of time to hide in the boot locker when he was pardews number two -- he still drew his wages in that role. We gave him the caretakers job -------- dont laugh------ we gave him the job full time and we went down 13 points adrift(still laughing ?) and then we gave him a new contract ( anyones ribs aching yet ?)

Its a total f**k up should have got rid with Pardew.
  • Just had a look at the league table, 6 loses in 36 games... that's pretty good. Just to many draws, if leeds and norwich wernt with us think we would be comfortably top 2, just most of the 6 were really dissapointing, brighton, leyton orient and sat etc.. yet against swindon huddersfield leeds etc we've done ok, main problem is the draws if we had wone half the games we've drawn we would be right up there with norwich.
  • PARKY -you dont know wot your doing .

i really do hope im wrong.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]so its the fans fault then ?

we just aint giving poor old parky enough time-- FFS are you sure ? i think we gave him plenty of time to hide in the boot locker when he was pardews number two -- he still drew his wages in that role. We gave him the caretakers job -------- dont laugh------ we gave him the job full time and we went down 13 points adrift(still laughing ?) and then we gave him a new contract ( anyones ribs aching yet ?)[/quote]

---We're in huge amounts of debt, 3rd in the league, within touching distance distnace of AUTOMATIC PROMOTION with 10 games to go----

Stop Moaning
  • I hadn't previously thought of getting rid of Parky now until reading this thread but on doing so, why not? We are drifting aimlessly and at the moment even the play-off's could become out of reach. If we could get the right person in, someone who can actually motivate the players and has at least some tactical nous that extra say 20% could actually propel us to automatic promotion. Most seem to think that Parky is toast at the end of the season anyway (can we afford to pay off that ridiculous one year extension he was handed, unless there is a no promotion clause of course) and if so then why not gamble and make a change now. The Board must be in despair at Saturday's result. They have pushed the early season ticket renewal to try to inject funds for the close season and it coincides with a poor run of form, bad results against the likes of Stockport, Southend etc and then wham bam Saturday's debacle. They must be pulling their hair out (not RM mind !!). Unfortunately this has been coming for weeks. A late goal at Swindon, a comeback against ten man Southend etc etc has all just paperered over the cracks. We have been poor for many, many months but have got away with it due to some undeserved wins here and there, a late fightback or two plus Leeds own poor form and the inability of those around us (Millwall excepted) to capitalise on this. I never wanted Parky in in the first place so whether he goes now and at the end of the season it'll be too late for my liking but if he went now we may still have a chance of saving the day.
  • There is no way he will go before the end of the season, I do agree that our last few games before Milwall have only covered the cracks and the fact we have not played well for a long time, Yeovil at home could be said to be an exception but aside from this and maybe in parts at Walsall, I don't think we have played well since the start of December.

Since then we have beat bottom side Stockport twice, relegation threatened Southend, Wycombe and Hartlepool and Yeovil. Hardly bodes well for the last 10 when we will play sides that are fairly decent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chris Powell.A cracking shout.Maybe next year,when we're still down in the depths and all our 'stars' have left.Start again.Give him a bit of time to assemble a proper league one side create a bit of hunger in it and i'm sure we'd have the black Curbishley on our hands.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Chris Powell.A cracking shout.Maybe next year,when we're still down in the depths and all our 'stars' have left.Start again.Give him a bit of time to assemble a proper league one side create a bit of hunger in it and i'm sure we'd have the black Curbishley on our hands.

A shout rooted in sentimentality rather than sense imo.

'Hunger' is overrated. Yes it's important, but you don't run a professional football club using a nostalgic belief that Chris Powell's passion will be enough to overcome his complete managerial inexperience and lack of any track record.

From a PR perspective it'd be fantastic, certainly. But from a footballing one, it would be risky at best.
  • I pour my cornflakes out of the box and sussex addick comes along and piddles all over 'em.Cheers
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]I pour my cornflakes out of the box and sussex addick comes along and piddles all over 'em.Cheers

Sorry :-)

On second thoughts, he's the black Curbishley for sure! I look forward to him leading us to a glorious treble in 2018, and then (after a media campaign to get him involved) part time manages the England team in the summer to a glorious world cup win on home soil, with a certain Jonjo Shelvey scoring the injury time winnner.
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]I pour my cornflakes out of the box and sussex addick comes along and piddles all over 'em.Cheers

Sorry :-)

On second thoughts, he's the black Curbishley for sure! I look forward to him leading us to a glorious treble in 2018, and then (after a media campaign to get him involved) part time manages the England team in the summer to a glorious world cup win on home soil, with a certain Jonjo Shelvey scoring the injury time winnner.
    Now you're just being silly

:o)
  • If we beat Gillingham, say 3-0, then I'm willing to bet there will be less than 5 additional comments added to any 'Parky Out' threads.
    Millwall was bad but can people not put it down to a very bad day at the office and look at the bigger picture? If we go on a run now and finish 2nd or even win the play off final, the Millwall result will be irrelevant.
  • Have to agree with Sussex about Chris Powell. Nice thought but like he said, a huge risk at best. Add to that the fact that a large number of our fans haven't got the patience for that sort of plan. Some would be fuming at the idea of spending five years in League One while Chris Powell rebuilds, making mistakes along the way and develops as a manager.

Still don't have a clue who this super motivational tactical genius of a manager is who can turn us around in just 10 games, never mind why he'd want to come to Charlton in our position in the first place.
  • We could always ask Curbs to come back as a consultant for the last 10 games. Something similar to how Venables helped out Robson at Middlesborough a few years back. It may just give everyone a boost. I'm sure he'd rather do that than gardening.
  • that would completely undermine parky and not really the way forward
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]our fans haven't got the patience for that sort of plan. Some would be fuming at the idea of spending five years in League One while Chris Powell rebuilds, making mistakes along the way and develops as a manager.

Well i think some of our fans will have to lump it.There is no quick fix to our situation.As somebody recently said,there is a disease running through our club and has been for the past 4/5 years.I have not seen anything to say it is going away any time soon.
    O.k. we've had a spell at the top of this league,but we are a million miles away from the likes of Leeds and Norwich.
    It feels like we are a club trying desperately to hold on to what we had instead of one who's taken a cold hard look at the situation and reacted accordingly.The past is gone.We're in the shit.Time to roll them sleeves up and start grafting.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]our fans haven't got the patience for that sort of plan. Some would be fuming at the idea of spending five years in League One while Chris Powell rebuilds, making mistakes along the way and develops as a manager.

Well i think some of our fans will have to lump it.There is no quick fix to our situation.As somebody recently said,there is a disease running through our club and has been for the past 4/5 years.I have not seen anything to say it is going away any time soon.
    O.k. we've had a spell at the top of this league,but we are a million miles away from the likes of Leeds and Norwich.
    It feels like we are a club trying desperately to hold on to what we had instead of one who's taken a cold hard look at the situation and reacted accordingly.The past is gone.We're in the shit.Time to roll them sleeves up and start grafting.
    I agree they will have to, I'm just not sure Powell will be the answer to that. Nice thought but can argue we need experience rather than a "Charlton man".
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]that would completely undermine parky and not really the way forward[/quote]

We need to put the the club's best interests first. I don't really give a shit if he feels undermined, he's lucky to have the job after last season and recent performances suggest that he requires some help.
  • Bringing in Powell would be a step backward imo. Like Scoham said, he'd have to rebuild, making mistakes as he develops.
    A bright start off the back of change, a few mistakes along the way and struggling to move forward end of season one into two and 90% of our fans will be on his back.
    Pretty much how it's gone this season really!!!

We are skint, 3rd in the League and within touching distance of automatic promo with 10 games left.
    Seeing as most on here said we'd finish mid table or go down again aren't we punching above our weight?

We go on about how Parky isn't a Charlton man but the fans aren't being very 'Charlton' at the mo either. Take your minds back to when we were homeless, fans stuck by the team and manager regardless. Slightly different circumstances now as instead of being homeless the we are all on the verge of being clubless. Lets get back to being 'Charlton' and stop shouting for his head every second.

We've got a promotion to win ffs
  • I think you'll find i said Powelly for next season.For the rest of this season they can do as they please.It's pretty much done and dusted anyway.
  • [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]that would completely undermine parky and not really the way forward

We need to put the the club's best interests first. I don't really give a shit if he feels undermined, he's lucky to have the job after last season and recent performances suggest that he requires some help.

but if you are bringing someone else in then we have to tell parky he's not wanted now.if he's not good enough for this league,then when you bring in curbs and he gets us up then parky won't be good enough for next season in a higher division. if the board are saying that he is good enough, then we can't bring someone else in
  • Stuck with PP all season (LIKE A MUG) that team selection on Saturday was a disgrace. He said there were no men on the pitch for the fight so why not put Sodje in the back line then? (poss left back switching with Llera)

Reid on the RIGHT!!
    Bailey on the LEFT!!
    Solly at left back for THIS game!!
    Mooney up front (the Mooney from the last Millwall game has long since gone, does PP not see that)
  • I think Parky will be our manager forever.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]I think you'll find i said Powelly for next season.For the rest of this season they can do as they please.It's pretty much done and dusted anyway.
    Still applies, a lot of fans would not let Powell have the time to learn as a manager, simply not patient enough for us to go that way. Might work at other clubs, but not here.
  • [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Stuck with PP all season (LIKE A MUG) that team selection on Saturday was a disgrace. He said there were no men on the pitch for the fight so why not put Sodje in the back line then? (poss left back switching with Llera)

Reid on the RIGHT!!
    Bailey on the LEFT!!
    Solly at left back for THIS game!!
    Mooney up front (the Mooney from the last Millwall game has long since gone, does PP not see that)

And then the following week people will be moaning about how crap sodje was,why Bailey was wasted on the left.It's never ending and i cannot see why people on here bother devising different formations every week.You are all wasting your time.
    Moving a piece of shit from one side of the bowl to the other doesn't make it smell any better.
  • Carly that last line was priceless, most amusing!