Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why Parky must go.

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
We are almost certainly looking at a play off place, if we are lucky.
As we know the play offs are very much 1 off games (albeit 2 legs), so you need a cup game mentality, to have this mentality you need a manager that is capable of motivating his players for this type of game. I’m sorry boys and girls but Parky is not that man. He appears to lack passion, if he does have passion then he has trouble communicating it to the team (Bailey excluded). Unless we get automatic promotion then we will not go up, we need someone at the helm who is able to get the team motivated for the remainder of the season. For me, give it to Kinsella, he has the drive and passion, as he proved when he was skipper, to get us through the play offs. Parky does not!
We need a Winston Churchill type character not the Churchill dog!!!

Comments

• Agree.

Although I think I'd give it to Steve Gritt.
  • edited March 2010
    I not sure Parky will do it, but I'm not convinced Kinsella will either. If we say Parky was part of the decline with Pardew, Kinsella was part of the decline with both of them.
  • Erm did curbs have that then?
  • No, curbs had Les Read !!!!!!!!!!
  • it's too late and won't happen... look at Hull today sacking Brown, they might even get caught by Portsmouth now!
  • Too late in the season now for anything radical like this, although I am now of the firm believe that we will definately be in League One next season.
  • We cannot under any circumstances make Mark Kinsella our manager. Most people in favour of such a ridiculous decision are the same that said we shouldn't make Parky manager because he's been tainted with the same brush as Pardew. If that's the case then why should we treat Kinsella any differently? Kinsella was part of the coaching staff then, and he's part of the coaching staff now. I can't see how he would make such a positive impact.

It would be foolish to change manager at this stage of the season unless a certain Mr Curbishley would take the job... this however is never going to happen.
  • [cite]Posted By: bibble[/cite] As we know the play offs are very much 1 off games (albeit 2 legs), so you need a cup game mentality, to have this mentality you need a manager that is capable of motivating his players for this type of game.

That's us f*cked then, we haven't been good in cup games in the entire 23 years i've been supporting them for!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Too late in the season now for anything radical like this, although I am now of the firm believe that we will definately be in League One next season.

Yes, definitely too late.

I was all for keeping him at the start of the season ... but have to admit I was totally wrong. Next season, new manager.

... and before anyone asks, I don't know who, but then I'm not the one being paid to decide.
  • Curbs by his own admission prioritised the league rather than cups particularly in our Prem days.

That said he won the one play off final he reached and reached the 6th round of the FA Cup twice too under his management. Only Jimmy Seed has done bettter than that during our history thus far.

One other thing: we narrowly got relegated from the Prem the season after winning the play offs but Curbs (with the support of Richard Murray) managed to keep all our key players and gain promotion (as Champions) at the first attempt.

Curbs was understated in his personal demeanour, rather like Parky, but by and large he got them playing for most of his 15 years here.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Too late in the season now for anything radical like this, although I am now of the firm believe that we will definately be in League One next season.

No way. It’s mid-march, we’re third and “only” five points off second with easily enough games to go to make that gap up. If we made a change, brought in someone who could get the most out of this squad (which I believe should be capable of getting out of this league in the right) .

Not making the gamble and the consequence that brings isn’t worth thinking about. I’d go for one last throw of the dice and Gritt – then at least we can say we tried – sitting back and watching the ship sink is not an option.
  • What if Gritt doesn't want the job, because I doubt he does.
  • edited March 2010
    Parky has to stay until the end of the season and things need to be reviewed then.

Saturday was a ballbreaker and must have been ten times worse for those actually there BUT who expected to be 3rd after 36 games this season?

I sure as hell didn't so Parky has done better than expected in my opinion.
  • I think it is time to get a new manager in. Quite often a new manager brings an instant change in results and although it doesn't always last, in our case it could be the kick up the arse that we need.

I'm for change
  • I am for a change at end of season if we do not go up, the question is who do we want and who can we afford?

Parky may not be the best but can we really do much better, also next season when we no longer have Sam, Bailey and maybe no Semedo, who is going to come in and make a difference?
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Parky has to stay until the end of the season and things need to be reviewed then

But if we haven't acheived promotion at the end of the season there won't be much to review mate.
  • We're 3rd in the table and playing badly. But if we got a new man in, with a tough run of games coming up and there's every chance we'll finish lower than 3rd and then people would be moaning that the new manager was sh*t because he took over with us in 3rd and we finished 4/5/6th.
  • Well, you make sure you get the right man in Chris
  • [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Parky has to stay until the end of the season and things need to be reviewed then

But if we haven't acheived promotion at the end of the season there won't be much to review mate.

Sacking him now will cost money we haven't got and disrupt the dressing room.

This is one match in 46. It feels worse because of who it is.

Parky will know he is out the door if we fail to go up and that it is uncertain whether he will get a managerial job elsewhere. He therefore has every incentive to kicj arse and make damned sure we go up.

If we fail to go up in my opinion it is because the players, none of whom Parky bought have cost a transfer fee, are not good enough.

Parky, given the sh** Pardew left him in, has done as good a job as anybody I reckon.
  • [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]Well, you make sure you get the right man in Chris

Obviously but it's not as if the new manager could sign anyone or improve the side. He'd be stuck with what we've got and right now that is no left back, a useless centre half, a right winger that goes missing every week, a midfield that doesn't create enough and the worst strike force this club has seen since Phil Chapple played as an emergency striker with Kim Grant!
    So unless the new man coming in is Mourinho or Sir Alex, i think we're stuck with Parky until May.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we have lived off of past glories for three seasons too long now. It was time for a complete change way, way before we got rid of Pardew, all we have now is a different batch from the same brewer. We wont go up this season at this rate and if we dont then Parky will go...so why not take a gamble and bid him and his crap management team au revoir now?

The board have lived off of our goodwill as patrons and to a degree have taken us for granted.....the £7million injection will be a drop in the ocean next year with another season in Division 3 and much smaller attendances. I really do fear for us as a club if we dont go back up at the first attempt and the style of football we have been served up with since November has been predictable and lacking any sort of tactical nous. Parky has yet again proven with his recent striker signings in Akpo and Mooney that anyone has a chance of becoming a pro footballer. We have been extremely lucky of late...even the Southend away game really only went our way due to superior numbers, and look at us against bottom club Stockport...Ive never been so bored at a football match in all my years supporting Charlton.
  • We may be 3rd but we hadn't been outside of the top 2 until January and are currently only 3rd because 2 teams have played a game less than us !

I looked at an old(ish) programme last night - Hartlepool at home (19th Jan). At that point we were 17 points ahead of Millwall , having played 1 game more than them...........we are now just a solitary point ahead !!

I predict we will finsh outside of the play offs in 7th or even 8th place.
  • [cite]Posted By: D_F_T[/cite]I think it is time to get a new manager in. Quite often a new manager brings an instant change in results and although it doesn't always last, in our case it could be the kick up the arse that we need.

I'm for change

Yep me to....for the right man though;-)
    Parky hasnt done a bad job really tho, his only fault IMHO is not letting the players express themselves, he seems to want them to play on the same level regardless of the game, maybe ok against a side fighting for relegation but not in a derby!! you need characters like robbo to get the game moving not surpress um...
  • FFS he hasnt done a bad job ? worst ever Caretaker manager------- relegated 13 points adrift !!!!!

Holy f**king christ i hope i dont see the prat have a "bad spell" then.
  • He's obviously talking about this season.
  • He cannot motivate the teams he puts out - if you cant see that, then next game have a serious look at how we start the game, and how we come out after half time. I would love to know what gets said in the dressing room, because we begin each half looking disorganised, lazy, and clueless. I actually think Bailey deserves a lot of credit for the way we've managed to come back into games in the past, he has his faults but there have been times when his determination to win at any cost seems to have rubbed off on the other players. The problem is, he cant do that every game, and from what ive seen recently is starting to fade, and i worry that he has one eye on the summer. Which leaves us in a right old mess.
  • Also, were only still third because this division is utter, utter rubbish.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]We may be 3rd but we hadn't been outside of the top 2 until January and are currently only 3rd because 2 teams have played a game less than us !
    Unless you are assuming Colchester will win 4-0 and Swindon win 9-0 then this is incorrect.
  • NugNug
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]I think we have lived off of past glories for three seasons too long now. It was time for a complete change way, way before we got rid of Pardew, all we have now is a different batch from the same brewer. We wont go up this season at this rate and if we dont then Parky will go...so why not take a gamble and bid him and his crap management team au revoir now?

The board have lived off of our goodwill as patrons and to a degree have taken us for granted.....the £7million injection will be a drop in the ocean next year with another season in Division 3 and much smaller attendances. I really do fear for us as a club if we dont go back up at the first attempt and the style of football we have been served up with since November has been predictable and lacking any sort of tactical nous. Parky has yet again proven with his recent striker signings in Akpo and Mooney that anyone has a chance of becoming a pro footballer. We have been extremely lucky of late...even the Southend away game really only went our way due to superior numbers, and look at us against bottom club Stockport...Ive never been so bored at a football match in all my years supporting Charlton.

Have to agree with all of that. Have a work mate who's Millwall, he thought it would be a tight game, after the last few games, particularly Stockport, I said they'd roll us over quite easily. Can't see us beating any of the teams in the top half on current form. Change of manager? Not sure, as it hasn't done us any good in the past few seasons but something needs to change and maybe a bold gamble is what's called for as this promotion push will fizzle out pretty quickly. I think Shelvey needs to get back in the side with Burton up top as well.
  • he is shit utter and total kak--- hopeless--- clueless-- spineless------total pooop-----he has no tactics--- no motivational skills--- no football insight.

Me im siting on the fence re Parky.
    . like f**k had enough . Parkinson take your paint brush and a large pot of paint and start painting the west stand at least we can see some out put.