Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why Parky must go.

Comments

• Never going to happen.The board havn't the balls to do it with their track record.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Curbs by his own admission prioritised the league rather than cups particularly in our Prem days.

That said he won the one play off final he reached and reached the 6th round of the FA Cup twice too under his management. Only Jimmy Seed has done bettter than that during our history thus far.

One other thing: we narrowly got relegated from the Prem the season after winning the play offs but Curbs (with the support of Richard Murray) managed to keep all our key players and gain promotion (as Champions) at the first attempt.

Curbs was understated in his personal demeanour, rather like Parky, but by and large he got them playing for most of his 15 years here.

what len said
  • what len said .....
    dowie prioritised the cup for us and got us the furthest we've ever got in the league cup b4 les worked his magic
  • The question is would others have done better with these players?
    Are they good enough to go up but he cant/doesnt know how to organise them or motivate?

I think we would have been around this position with or without him.
  • bouncing straight back up from League 1 is very important for an ex-prem team, but never very likely.

Leicester did it last year with financial backing, but has anyone else ever done it?
  • I think the post match reactions from both Parky and Kins following the Stockport game said a lot about their managerial deficiencies.
    They should have been furious that we failed to build on such a great start, but were quite happy to just accept such an inept performance.
  • how could anyone address the lack of striking options when there is absolutely no money?

Maybe if somebody had taken Mou2 we might've been able to afford to pay someone decent.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]We may be 3rd but we hadn't been outside of the top 2 until January and are currently only 3rd because 2 teams have played a game less than us !
    Unless you are assuming Colchester will win 4-0 and Swindon win 9-0 then this is incorrect.

Swindon's game in hand is away to Southampton tomorrow so they're certainly not going above us.
  • maybe not signing akpo we might have been able to afford someone decent (yeah but he scored against yeovil....)
  • and we must pay a % of pooney's wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]maybe not signing akpo we might have been able to afford someone decent (yeah but he scored against yeovil....)
    And Bristol Rovers, and Brighton, and Southend, and Stockport...
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]You know you are in a bad place when you have millwall fans telling you what is going wrong with your team.
    Even worse that what they said was true in that we have no pace at the back.

Now it is down to parky for us having a lack of pace at the back and a lack of striking options.
    Therefore he HAS to go.

That is the most frustrating thing. We are so deficient in those two key areas, and have been all season. If we, and opposing fans can see it, why on earth can't the management? We are a nippy forward and a strong centre half short of being a very good side. Sodje would be good, and fast enough to compliment a Darren Ward type, and someone like Lisbie up front with Burton would be great in this division.
  • i guess everyone is assuming that we will beat gillingham for the games in hand not to have any relevance.another 2-0 home defeat would only require colchester to beat walsall 2-0 to go above us with a game in hand whoever that would be against.
  • WSSWSS
    edited March 2010
    Let's just deal with current FACTS eh TK?

;-)
  • It's not going to happen because:
    a) We would have to pay him up if he's still under contract
    b) We have no money to do point a)
    c) If we did points a) & b), we would have to pay for a new manager
    d) We have no money or not enough to employ some of the names mentioned in the past

Oh and for those of you who want Kinsella, the OS were banging on about him taking training all last week to emphase how important the Millwall game is.... Fantastic job Kins.
  • I posted on another thread that Henry Irving always says that Parkinson should be judged in may not now. He is correct of course but I whenever I see Charlton play these days I never feel that we are playing well and moving forward as a team. Poor coaching and tactics is for me at least 75% of the problem and therefore unless I am completely wrong and our form comes good for the last ten games and we do achieve promotion I am very much in favour of the manager and coaches including Kins being relieved of their duties as soon as promotion fails. I have a very horrible feeling that our fall from grace has still a very long way to go.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]That is the most frustrating thing. We are so deficient in those two key areas, and have been all season. If we, and opposing fans can see it, why on earth can't the management? We are a nippy forward and a strong centre half short of being a very good side. Sodje would be good, and fast enough to compliment a Darren Ward type, and someone like Lisbie up front with Burton would be great in this division.
    How do you know they can't see that though? I think they know that as well as any of us, but those type of players aren't available for whatever reason.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Let's just deal with current FACTS eh TK?

;-)

well i do agree,but just that someone on the previous page was saying about colchester winning 4-0 in the future and i just thought i'd go with it!
  • I think Steve Gritt would be a great choice for the Final games of this season.He has managed at this level before & done well. He is Charlton through & through! He would get the players motivated for sure unlike Parky has proved.
    I have seen a few bad defeats in my 30 plus years of watching us but have never felt so bad as this season watching us lose to Northwich in the F.A Cup & losing 4-0 against our local rivals!
    We all knew Solly should not have played on Saturday,The Spanish Donkey was a accident waiting to happen also(Even though I like that he gives 100%).Playing Reid on the right & Bailey on the left-what planet is Parky On?
    We have known for weeks we have no pace up front & we have been found out since the Orient game but does not play Mackenzie!
    Just same old rubbish of Mooney who has got some talent when he is on his game but not very often I'm afraid plus Sodje who can score the odd goal but nothing else.
    He signed these players,they might have been free & loans but we need pace!
    That is what you need in this league as most of the defenders are slow just like ours OMG!
    The man has to go before he takes us in to the League 2.
  • Gritt is rightly a Charlton legend.

Why would he want to tarnish that at his time of life?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: gaunty[/cite]we cannot afford to let PP stay in charge until the end of the seaon.
    It's quite the opposite in truth.
  • As in we cannot afford to get rid of him.
  • edited March 2010
    I would say we would lose Bailey and Shelvey (ideally also Racon) and hopefully have some money to spend on some replacements who might get us out of this league, or praps not.. but then the former haven't managed it have they?
  • I'd be happy to see the back of Parkinson too I'm afraid to say, but I think his shortcomings are as a tactician not as a motivator.

I wonder if the board just lack confidence in their ability to find someone better, because of the last few cock-ups. Maybe they're hoping that when/if they can sell the club on they can just pass that particular issue to their successors.
  • Chris powell manager, steve brown assistant kins first team coach with lennie lawrence as director of football to help powell develop... he said on soccer am he has given up playing. Nice thought ain't it... won't happen tho.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Chris powell manager, steve brown assistant kins first team coach with lennie lawrence as director of football to help powell develop... he said on soccer am he has given up playing. Nice thought ain't it... won't happen tho.
    If we weren't doing well playing good football people would be saying the same things they say about Parkinson. "Nice guy but not a good manager", "tactically naive" etc.

Could work out but could also be a disaster. Would Powell be any good at signing players?
  • I reckon so scho, he has massive respect in the game and that's what lennie would be therefore to help him along. Just think if he did come what a massive boost he would give us all. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't be happy to see him at the helm, he's calm collected and passionate about us.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]I reckon so scho, he has massive respect in the game and that's what lennie would be therefore to help him along. Just think if he did come what a massive boost he would give us all. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't be happy to see him at the helm, he's calm collected and passionate about us.

That would last until his first home defeat when he would be booed.

Our club is a poisoned chalice at the moment.
  • No one would be unhappy, but plenty would be very worried. Would he be any better tactically than Parky? He would certainly need a lot of time to make mistakes and learn, something some fans wouldn't give him.
  • On the finance question, Charlton, the business, now has a pretty poor product to sell. I have tried hard to be positive, but on current form, I can't see us making the play offs. The product then becomes even more difficult to sell, plus the somewhat pathetic manner in which we have performed on the pitch of late will certainly take its toll, and S/T holders will, IMO, be considerably down. I don't believe Parky can deliver, although I bear him no malice whatever. Even if we could afford a change of managers, I'm not convinced that we will get any better results. Just seems to me that we now need a total regime change and all I can do is continue to support as best I am able until the breaking point is reached, whenever that may be.