Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Why Parky must go.

Comments

• I'd hate to see Powell in the hotseat. Personally I think he's too much of a nice guy to be a manager - and it would be horrible to tarnish his image with us losing and fans booing.

Parky's still the best bet for us and I have to say I have complete faith in him.
  • edited March 2010
    Im now prepared for the worst that we wont go up and PP will get the tin-tac at the end of the season. Anything else is a bonus.
  • Whatever happened to dreaming of the impossible, we are such a depressing bunch!!!

I thought the point of going to games was to support the team to acheive great things?
  • I definitely don't think Sir Chris should be our manager. Look at Les Reed- he cared abou Charlton and desperately wanted us to do well, and he had a lot more experience about this side of football than Powell, and we all know how that ended... One day, yes bring the living legend back home, but that day is not today.
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]that would completely undermine parky and not really the way forward

That braindead turd is the LAST person we should be looking out for.

Parky should have gone at the start of the season, even if by some miracle we do manage to get promoted, it won't be down to this fool, I'll promise you that.
  • This time next week we will have beaten Gillingham, Leeds and Millwall will draw 0-0 and everything will be rosy again.
  • Stu of HU5 - what a ridiculous thing to say: who will it be down to then?
  • lol i am not looking out for him, i just think that we either sack him or back him. come next season if he is still here in whatever division,i can't see us playing any better than this one and barring mkdons where the scoreline flattered the performance,the football has been somewhat atrocious.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Stu of HU5 - what a ridiculous thing to say: who will it be down to then?

So you think he's a good manager then?

I for one think we'd have done better this season with no manager, even picking the team out of a hat would probably have served us better than that good for nothing tool.

He's useless, that's been proved over the last couple of years.

Guys a joke, should have walked at the end of last season, proved what a spineless sack of shite he was then, has done nothing to change that since.

IF we get promoted, it will be down to the fact we got relegated with a much better squad than can be found at most clubs in this league, with more resouces, bigger ground and larger fan base. Nothing to do with Pardkinsons management.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]I for one think we'd have done better this season with no manager, even picking the team out of a hat would probably have served us better than that good for nothing tool.
    Well then you'd be wrong. Though it's not even worth discussing if that's what you really believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• I agree with Stu. Even if, by some miracle, we get promoted it won't be becuase of him. He is out of his depth and IF we go up that is an even bigger reason to get rid of him in the summer.
  • So we get promoted and then sack him, genius.
  • yep, that's me, a genius. Not as much of a genius as the man who handed him a 1 year contract extension on the back of achieving NOTHING.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I agree with Stu. Even if, by some miracle, we get promoted it won't be becuase of him. He is out of his depth and IF we go up that is an even bigger reason to get rid of him in the summer.
    I'm not saying he's a great manager, he's average, but equally our squad is average itself, they're a top 6 League One squad and nothing more.

Our squad would be out of their depth in the Championship at the moment.
  • Agreed Scoham.

Parky can't win with some. If he gets us up it's because we're a Championship club in the wrong league, and if he doesn't he's a 'spineless sack of shite' (quite why a supporter would describe their own team's manager like that is beyond me. IMHO that's not deserving of a boss that has failed, let alone one that has us on course for promotion)

For me there's been total hysteria by a surprising number of fans since Saturday.

We're third, we've had a decent season and still have a great chance of promotion.

That for me makes Parky a good manager.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]I for one think we'd have done better this season with no manager, even picking the team out of a hat would probably have served us better than that good for nothing tool.
    Well then you'd be wrong. Though it's not even worth discussing if that's what you really believe.

YOU think he's wrong. I don't. I even think the goat idea that someone had would have been a better option than Parky. That is my opinion. Unlike you I'm not going to be so pretentious to say I'm right.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]I for one think we'd have done better this season with no manager, even picking the team out of a hat would probably have served us better than that good for nothing tool.

YOU think he's wrong. I don't. I even think the goat idea that someone had would have been a better option than Parky. That is my opinion. Unlike you I'm not going to be so pretentious to say I'm right.
    Nothing to do with being pretentious, it's just ridiculous to suggest a goat or picking the team out of a hat would do a better job.

I'm fine with people having the opinion that he's a useless manager, but when it goes as far as suggesting an animal could do a better job it's hard to take their views seriously.
  • edited March 2010
    has anyone actually met the goat?
  • After Parkinson's performance last season, it beggars belief that Murray confirmed him as club manager. The fact that he also
    got a 1-year extension is incredible. Most clubs would have shown him the door should never to return.

I appreciate that we have been in the top three all season but this is more to do with the fact that the bulk of the teams in this division are so poor. The football we have played this season is appalling. We cannot defend and the forwards are probably the poorest forwards that I have seen playing for the club in forty-one years.

Remember that we also got knocked out off the FA Cup by a non-league side. In my opinion the management team (including Kinsella) are simply not good enough.

The club needs to rid itself of the complete management team and start again. I am sure that there are decent managers out there who could do a better job than this lot. I know that we will never see Curbs again, but how about trying Mervin Day. He could be the man, he was Curbs right hand man in the good times and he knows the club.
  • I heard the goat has some good ideas.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2010
    To be fair to Large, he was obviously talking about Billy (Davies) Goat
  • For what its worth I think that Charlton will probably stumble their way into the playoffs much in the same way we have remained in the top three for so long. Will we win them though ? To win the playoffs you need that seige mentality and have players who really want it. We don`t have either. I just pray our playoff loss comes against anyone other than the scum.
  • the goat's in talks with murray and waggot at the moment , sticking point is that murray want's to appoint brian kidd as his assistant
  • The goat's also demanding a huge contract I hear. These goats milk clubs for every penny
  • [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]The goat's also demanding a huge contract I hear. These goats milk clubs for every penny

Cheesy comments.
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]The goat's also demanding a huge contract I hear. These goats milk clubs for every penny

Cheesy comments.

Something got your goat SHG?
  • Seriously, does anybody believe that a tough training week will make the difference for our next game. Whether Kinsella took the training the week leading up to Millwall is irrelevant. The players are professional and train everyday. The manager chooses the balance of the team and is required to get this right in order to ensure that the attributes of each player fit into place. I have yet to see 11 players playing like they all know each other. Oh yes, and its all change again on Saturday apparantly, Parkitinson is giving others a go...again. As for lack of funds, do me a favour, we have team full of Championship players who should be walking this leaque. Down to the manager I'm afraid and I have absolutely no confidence that this man will take us up even if we do make the play offs.
  • I'm normally quite reserved when it comes to sacking managers and have stuck up for Parky in the past but it's starting to feal horribly similar to the first season back in the championship.

I wont be calling for his head just yet but the next few games are crucial. He needs to pick up points but crucially he needs to get the team playing football for 90 minutes with a formation that gets our best footballers on the pitch in their natural positions.

We have a load of decent teams to play soon and we wont beat them if we play like we have over the last few months.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Seriously, does anybody believe that a tough training week will make the difference for our next game. Whether Kinsella took the training the week leading up to Millwall is irrelevant. The players are professional and train everyday. The manager chooses the balance of the team and is required to get this right in order to ensure that the attributes of each player fit into place. I have yet to see 11 players playing like they all know each other. Oh yes, and its all change again on Saturday apparantly, Parkitinson is giving others a go...again. As for lack of funds, do me a favour, we have team full of Championship players who should be walking this leaque. Down to the manager I'm afraid and I have absolutely no confidence that this man will take us up even if we do make the play offs.

Can`t argue with that.
  • What's this about Kinsella taking training? Must have missed that