Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Dickson Signs for Gillingham on Loan

alledgedly

Comments

• Options
    I hope he helps send them down
  • Options
    Who are we getting in on loan then?

Can't see why we'd let him go if we didnt have somebody lined up...
  • Options
    we got sodje back thats why dickos gone
  • Options
    Omo may finally join on a permanent basis or until the end of the season
  • Options
    I heard that on Radio Kent on Saturday. Will be signing on a free in the Summer
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, didn't Parky say something about needing to get someone out the door just to pay for Sodje's loan (i.e. we've been running over budget for the last couple of weeks)? Don't expect to see anyone else come in until Moo2 and maybe one other are off the books.
  • Options
    I hope this is true for both Charlton and Dicko. There's no point him hanging around being paid but not playing for us.
    But it does annoy me too. As Gills were trying to buy him of us at one time, but we said no.
    Now he has effectively left us on a free.
  • Options
    You know Gillingham have not won away all season. Guess what is going to happen when they come to us...
  • Options
    we should have bitten their hands off when they offered us £50k for him at t he beginning of the season
  • Options
    indeed wss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As long as Scally is picking up the wages and not us....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]As long as Scally is picking up the wages and not us....

Yeah, but imagine how much money we could have saved if this had happend ages ago, rather than acting like little children trying to get one over on scally.
  • Options
    I'm assuming there's a clause that he can't play against us
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Official on the Gills website, but not on ours.

This has all been a rather strange saga. I thought after the deal broke down in August, Charlton more or less said we'd never do with business with Gillingham again under its current ownership.

And after we reportedly turned down a 50,000 offer as taking the p***,it now seems Dickson will this summer end up at the Priestfield on a free.

Whatever, I think we should all be big enough to say good luck to him and wish him every success. I , for one, hope that he helps to keep the Gills up.
  • Options
    usually is.
  • Options
    Brilliant news. Personally I think Tuna is worth a place on the bench when he's back from his loan.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we should have bitten their hands off when they offered us £50k for him at t he beginning of the season

But they then withdrew the offer so how could we have.
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]You know Gillingham have not won away all season. Guess what is going to happen when they come to us...

Of course we'll lose as we are total rubbish, worst team ever blah blah blah but doubt Dickson will be involved just as he couldn't play for Bristol Rovers against us.
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]Yeah, didn't Parky say something about needing to get someone out the door just to pay for Sodje's loan (i.e. we've been running over budget for the last couple of weeks)? Don't expect to see anyone else come in until Moo2 and maybe one other are off the books.

Read that as when either Moo2 or Dickson went out then someone else (ie Omo) could come in.

Anyway, hope he scores against our promotion rivals.
  • Options
    If he's gone on loan he won't be able to play against us will he!?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite] imagine how much money we could have saved if this had happend ages ago, rather than acting like little children trying to get one over on scally.

exactly .... maybe they read the charlton life board and believed we'd get a lot more than what we paid for him ...............................
  • Options
    Never given a proper run in the team, Charlton career now over, expect him to score a hatful of goals from now on...

:D
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]we should have bitten their hands off when they offered us £50k for him at t he beginning of the season

when they first offered to buy him we agree to sell him and save all the fannying around like saying we'd have their top scorer in exchange etc that led to them with drawing their offer
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

No doubt you will give me an 'insiders' correction. But didn't they withdraw the offer because 'we' shall we say? refused to play ball, due to our recent spats with one Mr Scally.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]imagine how much money we could have saved if this had happend ages ago, rather than acting like little children trying to get one over on scally.

exactly .... maybe they read the charlton life board and believed we'd get a lot more than what we paid for him ...............................

He went to Bristols Rovers. They paid his wages. If he'd been any good for rovers and not just in his first game they might have bought him

Gills offered a fee (£35K) and then withdrew it saying they would take him on a free.

But hey, it's another excuse to slag the club off so let's just ignore the facts and slag, slag away. ; - (
  • Options
    It's ok to accept that the club do wrong from time to time, this is certainly one of those occassions, the club mugged itself out of much needed money, not a good move.

By Parkys own admission we was dicking Gills around, net result, we've lost some much needed cash.
  • Options
    I'm going tonight...first chance i get i'm going to boo!
  • Options
    but surely if someone bids for something and you say sold is that a deal or do you think they are bidding it forever .....i don't know you tell me ... how long before the bid was withdrawn 5 minutes , 5 days , 5 months.... you can't afford to hang about with these shit footballers on your books.... they bleed you dry if you hadn't noticed ;-(
  • Options
    Good news all round.

In September there were other suitors.Bristol Rovers had just sold Lambert so might have been able to stump up a fee.Southen also sniffed .I suspect now the Gills are the only show in town.Why cut our nose off to spite our face . As it is an emegency loan , could Dicko return for the play offs if we get there and had an injury crisis ?

We got Dicko back briefly and I think finally the Orient debacle showed it will not work for him here .I'd much rather have Sodje ( I think this is the one out to pay for him ).

In any case there is no point in signing a loanee this week until I think it is the 25th because we would not want a player to come in only to miss the play off final if we get there.

I like Omouzi but think in terms of a balanced squad maybe a Centre Back is needed.
  • Options
    My view is this: Chris Dickson wasn't good enough to hold down a place at Charlton. So he's gone on loan to a lower-level team. That's all there is to it.