Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Didn't score on his debut or in his second game against us but in the three games since, has scored four. Peterborough have scored five in total over those three games. Doesn't sound too bad for me and he looked lively at the Valley. Might be a useful addition as the nippy striker in a two up top, seen as Haynes can only play 60 minutes a week and BWP seems to have fallen out of favour.

Either that or it's agent talk.
  • to be honest he looks like a goalscorer, from non league and has scored at every level he's played at.
  • More from FR

"Shrewsbury Town are in talks with Charlton Athletic over a loan move for striker Leon Clarke."

"Brighton,Charlton,Ipswich,Millwall and Watford are all poised to move for John Bostock in the January window."

"Charlton looking to sign Arsenal's Sanchez Watt if he can prove his fitness ,he used to play with Cedric Evina in Arsenal's youth team and Chris Powell is keen to renew their partnership on the left hand side.

The Charlton manager will also try to make Rob Hulse and Dan Seaborne's loans into permanent deals and bring in Anthony Wordsworth from Colchester.

Leaving the Valley will be Bradley Wright Phillips to join his father at MK Dons ,Leon Clarke and Danny Hollands to Brentford,"

"Harry Forrester is receiving interest from Crystal Palace as a replacement for Zaha.
    He's also receiving interest from Reading, Millwall and Charlton. Fees in region of £500k with add ons."

"Chris Powell is looking to shake up the Charlton squad but first he will need to clear some fringe players

Leaving

Green - Swindon
    Wagstaff - Tranmere or Bradford
    Clarke - Bradford or Scunthorpe (loan)
    Taylor - Exeter
    Wright-Phillips - MK Dons or Swindon
    Sulllivan - Colchester
    Bover - Wycombe (loan)
    Harriot - Barnet (loan)
    Smith - Newport (perm deal after loan)

Joining

Morrison - Norwich (loan)
    Guthrie - Reading (loan)
    Seabourne - Southampton - (perm deal after loan)
    Frimpong - Arsenal (perm deal after loan)
    Davies - Fulham"

None on the OS yet

• "none on the OS yet" - very droll Henry
  • Is Anthony Wordsworth the new Darren Purse?
  • Is Anthony Wordsworth the new Darren Purse?

No..I think he's the new Haydn Mullins

• Would we welcome the Millwall reject from Norwich ?

His Millwall connections will be overlooked : -)

Especially if he scores a hatful of goals for us !

Hardly a reject is he? Snap him up!
  • Sponsored links:

• That lengthy rumour on FR all looks feasible! Not sure why someone would make up such an elaborate story.
  • i Would like George Boyd from Posh he was quality at the valley
  • Morison would be a great signing!
  • Donvito said:

i Would like George Boyd from Posh he was quality at the valley

Agree

• cafc-west said:

That lengthy rumour on FR all looks feasible! Not sure why someone would make up such an elaborate story.

It's the internet.
  • Morison would be a great signing!

Two Morro's in the team? Le's double up where we can - let's sign Simeon Jackson for two Jacko's.
  • Davo55 said:

Morison would be a great signing!

Two Morro's in the team? Le's double up where we can - let's sign Simeon Jackson for two Jacko's.
    The power of the Danny's got us out of league one. Maybe there's something in this tactic
  • Davo55 said:

Morison would be a great signing!

The power of the Danny's got us out of league one. Maybe there's something in this tactic
    We've already got two Bradley's, though that isn't exactly working out right now :-)
  • Wouldn't it be one morrison and one morison?
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on, who will own up to this latest FR:

"I'm hearing rumours that Sheffield Wednesday are hoping to bring Izale McLeod in from Fratton Park in the January window.

The Hillsborough club are also keeping their eye on the free-agent pair of Djimi Traore and Amdy Faye. Both players, who have been on trial for some weeks, are without a club and would therefore be available to sign at any time."
  • Come on, who will own up to this latest FR:

"I'm hearing rumours that Sheffield Wednesday are hoping to bring Izale McLeod in from Fratton Park in the January window.

The Hillsborough club are also keeping their eye on the free-agent pair of Djimi Traore and Amdy Faye. Both players, who have been on trial for some weeks, are without a club and would therefore be available to sign at any time."

JFH anyone?
  • Am I right in thinking Morison is a charlton fan? Would be a great signing for anyone at this level, but not sure he's the striker we need.
  • MLS said:

Am I right in thinking Morison is a charlton fan? Would be a great signing for anyone at this level, but not sure he's the striker we need.

yep. Pretty sure he used to be a season ticket holder

• MLS said:

Am I right in thinking Morison is a charlton fan? Would be a great signing for anyone at this level, but not sure he's the striker we need.

yep. Pretty sure he used to be a season ticket holder

Never heard this before,I'd be surprised as he comes from Enfield and before joining the Spanners had no real links south of the River.
  • MLS said:

Dave Martin, of Southend is the Charlton fan you could be thinking of

• 20 goals in pre season alone ?!??!?!?!?!

That's pretty impressive at ANY level
  • FR's offerings over the last couple of days.

20 Dec 2012 02:19:15
    Charlton interested in ex Doncaster lonee Fabien Robert on a permanent basis

19 Dec 2012 16:26:51
    Charlton are wanting to sign Reading forward Simon Church on loan once his loan deal ends with Huddersfield.

19 Dec 2012 10:48:05
    CHARLTON ATHLETIC FC
    I have heard from a relaible source within the board that the takeover will not be compleated till March at the earliest. Also from my source

Ins
    Chris Lewington Dagenham GK (CAFC fan)
    Marlon King Birmingham
    Mido free transfer
    Dean Lewington MK Dons
    Anthony Wordsworth Colchester

Out
    Bradley WrightPhillips MK Dons
    John Sullivan Dagenham
    Matt Taylor Swindon
    Danny Green Swindon
    Scott Wagstaff Sheffield Untied Loan