Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• I hope we don't ever sign king

Think this would be an extremely detrimental signing for our Club.

A few seasons ago, I remember hearing that a certain high profile Charlton fan/national sports journalist stated that he'd stop attending games if we re signed Lee Bowyer...

In my book, King is far further down the "scum scale" than Bow.

• Yes i would struggle to cheer on a team with Marlon King playing, not the sort of person i want in a Charlton shirt.
  • He hates millwall though...
  • He hates millwall though...

everyone hates Millwall,
  • Saw a Solly to Fulham rumour earlier.
  • Aaron McLean to Millwall. Was good at Peterborough. Could do well for them.
  • Simeon Jackson, Anthony Wordsworth and Kaspars Gorkss are the latest to be linked on FR.
  • How's Wordsworth done for Col this season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Hasn't written anything worthwhile for a long time :-)
  • I think Hamer could be the player that attracts most attention from the big boys. Would love to see him stay but a big offer could help build a very decent Championship side.
  • Apparently Coventry fans seem to think that McGoldrick is coming to us after his loan. Decent in League One this season, but on the other hand so was Leon Clarke.
  • Read on Twitter that Hollands could be off to Swindon (with a bag of cash) and we could get Matt Ritchie in return
  • WSS said:

Read on Twitter that Hollands could be off to Swindon (with a bag of cash) and we could get Matt Ritchie in return

Ritche could give us some good width and he has some pace. Unproven in the championship though but I would personally do that deal if its true.
  • Take it and run. Ritchie on the left allows Jackson to move into the centre permanently as Hollands' replacement.
  • WSS said:

Read on Twitter that Hollands could be off to Swindon (with a bag of cash) and we could get Matt Ritchie in return

Ritche could give us some good width and he has some pace. Unproven in the championship though but I would personally do that deal if its true.

just checked his wiki page - looks a decent player and noticed his contract runs out in the summer.

• Can't help myself, gotta check him out on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3isBHwVJAtg
  • Callum's jinxed him
  • Oh dear. :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• George Boyd to Leeds. Set to sign by the weekend.
  • Ritchie is a great player. Real coup if we could get him. I'd be surprised if Swindon would let their best player go but they did try to get Danny Green on an emergency loan from us so maybe we have now offered Hollands & Green for Ritchie (so they have a winger to replace Ritchie).
  • It would be a good deal for both clubs then imo
  • Hate to bring some reality into it but 'read on twitter' hardly qualifies as a reliable source.
  • Valley11 said:

Hate to bring some reality into it but 'read on twitter' hardly qualifies as a reliable source.

It's only the Rumours thread, Valley11........

;o)

• Did I not have a little wager about Boyd to Leeds ??? Can't remember who with now either damn it was for two pints as well

Step forward my wager buddy
  • Ha true true.
    Looks like Leon Clarke has signed a perm deal with Cov....
    Posted link on Clarke thread.
  • A Player that I worry might at some stage of his career sign for Charlton but I hope to God doesn't -and would result in no season ticket renewal from me as it telegraphs lack of ambition despite the fact that whatever board is in control would seek to fanfare it as a marque signing - Mark Noble.Desperately worried that we could be seen by him and his agent as an obvious destination for a lightweight ,"flare " player who doesn't contribute enough and doesn't score enough goals who thinks that he has a bit of a reputation and wants a last big pay day perhaps after his legs have gone .message to the board in 2 years time : Please don't even think about it.
  • West ham mark noble ???

I would love to see him playing for us quality player IMO
  • ashley said:

A Player that I worry might at some stage of his career sign for Charlton but I hope to God doesn't -and would result in no season ticket renewal from me as it telegraphs lack of ambition despite the fact that whatever board is in control would seek to fanfare it as a marque signing - Mark Noble.Desperately worried that we could be seen by him and his agent as an obvious destination for a lightweight ,"flare " player who doesn't contribute enough and doesn't score enough goals who thinks that he has a bit of a reputation and wants a last big pay day perhaps after his legs have gone .message to the board in 2 years time : Please don't even think about it.

You worry we might sign a player in two years time and have decided you won't buy a season ticket if he does.

Sorry, sounds slightly odd IMHO especially as he's played a couple of hundred league games.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!