Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• I always thought Mark Little was a good right back, quite fast, not as good as solly, but could be cover? he used to play centre back aswell apparently.
  • Ashdown is shocking - do not want

Lewis would push Hamer but I think we want an old fella there. Failing that Frankie Fielding as backup
  • Why would we want any of them? Surely if they're not good enough for Peterborough they're not good enough for us?

Hoping we've got our sights on a few better players than that lot!
  • Snap up Taylor and Boyd.

The only reason they are being sold is because they have both refused contracts and Posh need to make some money back on them in order to replace them.
  • Some good ones on FR

Guly from Southampton, Greg Halford saying he wants to return to the Valley and Mickey Spillane from D & R.
  • no to Greg Halford
  • Some good ones on FR

Guly from Southampton, Greg Halford saying he wants to return to the Valley and Mickey Spillane from D & R.
    no to Greg Halford
    No to Guly. He is shite.

• Some good ones on FR

Mickey Spillane would add a bit of menace to the team - a good signing for those who feel we might get outmuscled in the Championship, although he hasn't done much in the last 35 years or so.

;-)
  • Halford was nowhere near as bad as some would have. Experienced at the two levels above League One and fairly versatile. Would be a yes from me.
  • Halford would certainly pass the height test some have .I remember feeling our defence looked unbalanced when he would tower above our two centre backs.

I see he has been more strongly linked with Forest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Halford was nowhere near as bad as some would have. Experienced at the two levels above League One and fairly versatile. Would be a yes from me.
    Correct

• Pops up with quite a few goals too and would add to our free kick takers,
  • Never really understood the stick that Halford took. He is a decent player at Championship level and, as said above, can cover a couple of positions.
    A yes from me.
  • Can play CH and RB so cover Solly and be a 4th CH

And his long throws would help us drop all this passing nonsense and play more like Stoke

: - )
  • Similar to Lee Cook in that he came into the club as we had started a spiral down the Championship. Very few players came out of the Feb-May part of 2007/2008 with a great deal of credit and from memory Halford was certainly not that bad.

Since then, he has gained plenty of experience and by all accounts had a very good season in the league, without the points deduction Pompey would have been safe and he can seeminly now play at CB as well. Yes from me.
    Correct

incorrect, he was bum defensively
  • I personally thought he was awful, as was Crainey, but each to their own.
  • All these awful players that have been consistently playing in the league we've been below for the past three years...
  • Halford was one of the few players who made me angry when they played for us.
  • Never really understood the stick that Halford took. He is a decent player at Championship level and, as said above, can cover a couple of positions.
    A yes from me.
    Seem to recall outrage on here as fans goaded him once and he responded by rubbing his fingers together indicating he had loads of money or something similar. That won't help his cause

I personally rate him and think he'd be a very solid addition
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone at Portsmouth we could get on the cheap and who's good enough for us?
  • can only state my opinion of Halford from what ive seen of him. Shit.
  • That geezer with the big hat and bell might be worth a punt, might get the upper north singing :-)
  • That geezer with the big hat and bell might be worth a punt, might get the upper north singing :-)
    He's an antiquarian book-seller I believe, from posh Petersfield - unlikely but true.
  • John Pantsil has been released by Leicester City... What do you think?
  • edited May 2012
    Shrewsbury fan I know reckons we're after Jon Taylor ??
  • he's pants!
  • David James as backup to Ben?
  • @wss does that include Marcus Bent :)
  • @wss does that include Marcus Bent :)
    He's played a total of 27 games in the three years since our relegation from the Championship, 11 of which were in Indonesia so no, I don't count him!

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!