Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• At the beginning of the season didn't Powell/Slater say that the team would be built to compete in the Championship. If so then I don't see a wholesale change but just some adjustment where after one season CP doesn't think a player will reach his potential. Who might that be, not many IMHO:
    RB - cover for Solly
    CM - a playmaker and Alonso and Russell to go
    LM - cover for JJ, possibly Cook
    Striker - replacement for Hayes, N'Guessan might stay but dependent on his performance.

The other thing is what about our youth team, we all agree that we have one of the best crops of young players, without a reserve team I guess we will loan some out, so who is ready to be loaned, after all Scott Parker turned from Norwich a far better player than when he went.
  • George Boyd is leaving Peterborough. Could he be coming home? #speculation
    Eaststandmike likes this
  • At the beginning of the season didn't Powell/Slater say that the team would be built to compete in the Championship.
    They did say that but ..... the alternative message to players - we are going to rebuild when we get to the Championship so there's a good chance you'll get moved on - would not have gone down so well. My money is on the best players being retained but also significant rebuilding.
  • Not sure about Boyd. Didn't cut it at Forest. Think I'd rather us buy relative unknowns in the mould of Wiggins.
  • Going very off topic lads, this should just be for Rumours not discussion on who to bring in next season...theres been plenty of them since January!
  • The negative is that I think Boyd is a Palace fan . The positive is he is naturally left footed and would be another academy player coming home .Is he out of contract or is it Posh want to get a fee ?
    He's palace through and through ..?
  • Posh want a fee, he's got a year left. Quality player.
    Eaststandmike likes this
    Wow that would be an unbelievable signing for someone ... how has he performed in the Championship though? :-0

• Great Album - probably one of the best ever.

i'll get me coat........
  • Sponsored links:

• FR Garbage of the day:

03 Apr 2012 09:35:46
    Charlton are set to sign Raïs M'Bolhi on a free transfer from CSKA Sofia after being recommended to Powell by Madjid Bougherra, his Algerian team mate. He will come in to replace Sullivan in Charltons first foray into the transfer market this summer. Expect another 6-7 players as they rebuild for a run at The Premiership
  • He was on trial at Man Utd so must be half decent but certainly out of left field
  • Looks like Al Habsi
  • Just been told that we've signed Anthony Wordsworth from Colchester on a pre-contract agreement.

(Can't/Won't reveal my source, but it's very trustworthy.)
  • Would be happy with that.
  • Just been told that we've signed Anthony Wordsworth from Colchester on a pre-contract agreement.

Excuse my player ignorance but what's he like ?

• Left/centre midfield, very skilful, scored cracker against us last month!
  • Whats he like?

Big titted blondes and lager.
  • One of the players I would have liked at the start of the season, will be a very good signing if it's true imo.
  • He has a tendency to wander and become isolated. Some might say in the style of a cloud.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would be very happy with Wordsworth. 23 and just the type of promising player who can develop with us as the team develops as a whole.
  • According to a reliable source, (Johnny Tillotson), he's poetry in motion.
  • Got substituted today....................

Would be good cover for Jacko. If this is true, It looks as if we're getting a more balanced squad
  • Latest Football Rumours nonsense. Luke Young from QPR
    Never heard of him.

would be good back up for Solly.

• I'd be delighted if its true but I thought Wordsworth had signed a new contract with Colchester.Probably means we won't persue Lee Cook.
  • I'd be delighted if its true but I thought Wordsworth had signed a new contract with Colchester.Probably means we won't persue Lee Cook.
    He may have done, but it doesn't mean we can't sign him. Shelvey signed a new one with us (so we could get a decent fee) & then went to Liverpool sharpish.
  • Be very happy if we got Wordsworth. Don't look forward to the hundreds of poetry jokes though
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!