Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/246406/Blackpool-and-Charlton-chase-Fleetwood-s-Jamie-Vardy/

Vardy rumour on Daily Star site as well now. Probably just taken from Sky/The Sun though?
  • Same rumour actually, was Daily Star not The Sun on the Sky Sports website
  • Saw vardy play against york a few weeks ago. Didn't look at all good enough for the championship maybe he just had an off game but wouldn't be at all happy if we paid 1 mill for him
  • Vardy destroyed Ebbsfleet twice this season
  • Mate of mine told me Vardy was going to Palace.
  • Heard we are making a cheeky bid for tomkins from west ham if they dont go up for 3mill. Apparently they will have to sell next season if not premoted.
  • Heard we are making a cheeky bid for tomkins from west ham if they dont go up for 3mill. Apparently they will have to sell next season if not premoted.
    Somehow i just dont think so :D
  • tbh west ham have gone shit or bust this season, they really need to go up.
  • Let's hope its 'shit' then!
  • as if we are going to pay 3million for one player
  • Sponsored links:

• It was a twitter lie.
    Someone wrote: RT @SkySportsNews ....... and then made up their own stuff
  • 3 million ! Yeah right. I expect that the total amount going to be spent in the summer will be less than 2 million tops
  • Yeah that sounds ridiculous. West ham do need to go up though, Nolan alone reportedly on 60k in the champ.
  • A selection of recent FR posts ,its the silly season again

27 Apr 2012 16:08:58
    Charlton to sign

Dickson Etuhu- free
    Danny Sh###u-free
    Danny Nguesson- £150,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

27 Apr 2012 14:41:19
    brentford are talking to david moyes if they can keep jakebidwell and adamfawshaw for another season .charlton and westham are intrested in samsunders. brentford trying to get james constable. struaurt beavon. rob hulse. and clayton donladson go to oxford and murcus bean to wycome .kyle osborne to watford

27 Apr 2012 12:55:53
    Latest Ipswich news:

Released Lee Bowyer could re-join first club Charlton.

26 Apr 2012 16:28:47
    oldham are going to change coaching staff next season with gerry taggart leaving and former players andy liddell and sean gregan joining the backroom staff also players leaving will be :

robbie simpson - bristol city
    bradley diallo - rochdale
    kieran lee- charlton
    chris taylor -barnsley

26 Apr 2012 11:35:02
    Brighton to offload the following players to 'possible' destinations
    RRYAN HARLEY - Charlton Atletic (Fee)
    ROMAIN VINCELOT - Millwall (part-ex + fee for Liam Trotter)
    GARY DICKER - Charlton Athletic (Fee)
    CASPER ANKERGRAN - Sheffield Wednesday
    ASHLEY BARNES - Portsmouth
    MAT SPARROW - Cardiff City

24 Apr 2012 18:39:58
    Leicester city outs:
    Chris Weale- Yoevil
    Jeffrey Shlupp- Charlton (loan)
    Steve Howard- Crawley (loan)
    Jermaine Beckford- Leeds
    Conrad Logan- League 1

• Apparently Michael Jacobs of Northampton has told people in their players lounge that us and derby are interested in him - 20 year old midfielder
  • Apparently Michael Jacobs of Northampton has told people in their players lounge that us and derby are interested in him - 20 year old midfielder
    He's crackers!
  • Ryan Harley would be an excellent signing
  • Portsmouth look like shedding most of their squad, anyone there worth grabbing?
  • I'd take George Boyd (back).

Joe Lewis must have a club lined up as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Joe Lewis was an England U21 keeper but is now without a club. I wonder if he'd be good competition for Hamer.

George Boyd is an interesting one. Not on a free but another prodigal son, like Green and Haynes, who could come back to the Valley, maybe.

Both over 6 ft tall so meet the main CL criteria.
  • Joe Lewis was an England U21 keeper but is now without a club. I wonder if he'd be good competition for Hamer.

George Boyd is an interesting one. Not on a free but another prodigal son, like Green and Haynes, who could come back to the Valley, maybe.

Both over 6 ft tall so meet the main CL criteria.
    Big palace fan though.
  • Agreed, Joe Lewis would be great cover for Hamer.
  • Joe lewis and George boyd definitely. Taylor too although he's being watched by very big clubs.
  • Joe Lewis has had back to back serious injuries and hasn't been first choice for Peterborough for a while. Don't believe he'd come if he wasn't first choice.

Boyd has blown hot and cold at Championship level, mostly cold. Not sure I'd want to pay the sort of fee Peterborough are likely to be looking for.

If Pompey are offloading players I'd look at Jamie Ashdown. Decent keeper with loads of experience.
  • Joel Ward at Pompey?
  • Just noticed Grant McCann is on that Peterborough list. Defo worth a look.
  • Why are Posh shipping them out? Not sure on this one, if they are not good enough for Posh are they good enough for us?
  • Why are Posh shipping them out? Not sure on this one, if they are not good enough for Posh are they good enough for us?
    Joe Lewis is at the end of his contract and presumably has rejected a new contract in favour of something more lucrative.

My guess is that most of those on the transfer list will be in the last year of an existing contract next season and the club wants to get some money for them rather than let them leave in a year on a free. If so it makes some sense, Peterborough could get some money in now and rebuild over the summer.

• edited April 2012
    Personally think Joe Lewis is overrated, he struggled at Championship level when they were relegated two seasons ago and made more than his fair share of mistakes when they were in League 1.

Their other keeper Jones is a better keeper imho.

Grant McCann is a very decent player, excellent left foot and suprised he is leaving Posh.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!