Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• RichCawleySLP
    Richard Cawley

#cafc also not moving for Leeds striker Billy Paynter. Been rumours of loan but plenty of attacking options already at Valley.

Richard Cawley

RichCawleySLP
    Richard Cawley

Also had confirmation that #cafc don't expect to land Mansfield defender Tom Naylor, Derby leading chase for his signature.

Richard Cawley

RichCawleySLP
    Richard Cawley

#cafc won't be offering a deal to Lewes winger Christian Nanetti, who spent past two weeks training with the Addicks.

• That heard has came back, a lil argetine guy playing in trade is on his way....
    And in English?
  • That heard has came back, a lil argetine guy playing in trade is on his way....
    And in English?

Translated into English it means that he has heard that Tevez is joining on loan
  • @RichCawleySLP: And #cafc boss Chris Powell admits he's already plotting for the January transfer window
  • Cannot see it either,
  • Thought he was excellent for them last season.  Would be a good back up to BWP but seems a strange move.

Is it on the OS?
  • Too similar to BWP

Always thought he's looked decent - lightning fast too but not at 29

We want players ready for the league above
  • A couple of decent signings in Jan could really push this side out of everyone else's reach.

Reckon we'll sign a left-mid and a striker.
  • Sponsored links:

• A couple of decent signings in Jan could really push this side out of everyone else's reach.

Reckon we'll sign a left-mid and a striker.
    Agree, but not a conventional left-mid or central-left-mid like Jackson, someone like Balanta at MK (on loan from QPR) would be ideal.
  • Would love Pugh from Bournemouth.
  • Another striker? 5 not enough then?
  • Only way this will happen is if Benson goes. To be honest, I think we will be looking younger and better.
  • What about Zak what's-his-name, the Arsenal kid? I seem to remember he was meant to be signing on loan waaaaay back, did something change?
  • Cannot see it either,
    What about Zak what's-his-name, the Arsenal kid? I seem to remember he was meant to be signing on loan waaaaay back, did something change?
    The thing with bringing loan players in, the parent club expects the player to get matches.  Powell cannot guarantee the kid games,
  • ...bet burnley arent happy then as cort only played a few games
  • ...bet burnley arent happy then as cort only played a few games
    Thats a completely different set of circumstances.
  • Which player is that Sky Sports story for lads? I can't get the link to open
  • Jo Kuffour from Bristol Rovers (on loan at Gillingham at the mo)
  • Sponsored links:

• Cannot see it either,
    What about Zak what's-his-name, the Arsenal kid? I seem to remember he was meant to be signing on loan waaaaay back, did something change?
    The thing with bringing loan players in, the parent club expects the player to get matches.  Powell cannot guarantee the kid games,
    To be fair he would have to do a lot to get past the first choice pair, and Hayes is at the very least adequate as cover. Just thought he may be a good backup for the speedy pace machine plan B where Hayes is the hold-up type.
  • Priority should be RB cover now Francis has gone.
  • Priority should be RB cover now Francis has gone.
    Any signing should be with a view to challenge for a place rather than be back up.  Solly is great but he needs to be challenged
  • How far away is Jordan Cousins from becoming a first team contender??
  • How far away is Jordan Cousins from becoming a first team contender??
    Not a million miles but he is still very young.

Could probably do with a loan game or two first.

If anything Mambo could cover at right back, so could Hughes if need be.  Both adequate cover but if Solly got a long term injury we'd need cover.  I expect Wiggins could do a job at right back but we'd lose too much on the left wing-back side of things
  • "If anything Mambo could cover at right back".

I really don't see this. I'm prepared to eat humble pie, but i'll go on record as saying he won't make it as a CAFC player and will be released when his contract expires in the summer (happy to be proven wrong though).
  • "If anything Mambo could cover at right back".

I really don't see this. I'm prepared to eat humble pie, but i'll go on record as saying he won't make it as a CAFC player and will be released when his contract expires in the summer (happy to be proven wrong though).
    I saw him play for Ebbsfleet a week or two ago. He looked very steady at centre half, but I am not sure he will be a right back
  • Mambo looked great at right back last season in pre-season against Watford. Very Micah Richards-esque.
  • i think that mark marshall (barnet) and simeon jackson (norwich) would complete our squad.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!