Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• @JT to join Jedward from the Chuckle Brothers. 100% nailed on.
  • JTJT
    edited August 2011
    @Trevor on Twitter: Plaaayer seen lingering outside Nando's Charlton, amid strong rumours he's about to sign from fierce rivals McDonalds Charlton.
  • Makes me laugh when Redknapp insists he's no wheeler dealer. He's spent the last two days drip feeding the dopey hacks camped outside WHL,and always signs about 7 players on the last day.

Lub Jub.
  • Gyan is off to Spurs in a swap with Crouch I've heard.
  • three exist that I can see Afobe, Kane and Ansah

Antonio German is a young QPR player.

More a case of what we are being offered (other than Ansah) than what we necessarily want

Antonio German has just been released by QPR.
  • three exist that I can see Afobe, Kane and Ansah

Antonio German is a young QPR player.

More a case of what we are being offered (other than Ansah) than what we necessarily want

Antonio German has just been released by QPR.
    Will be available then
  • Joe Garner would have been a good signing but it looks like he is on his way to Watford.
    Thought for a sec you said Joel Garner. If that was the case, nobody would have had any issues from a height perspective!
  • Billy Paynter on loan
  • Billy Paynter on loan

Source? Hope it's not FR.

Would be pleased with Paynter, offers us something we don't have and if he can re capture the form of 2 seasons ago, he could be one of the leagues best.

• Nope doing the rounds on twitter, mainly from Addickted.net's account but they have actually got a good track record on these things. But who knows
  • Sponsored links:

• Billy Paynter on loan

That would ding dang do for me but I can't see it happening. Hopefully I'm wrong though
  • Very strong rumour. Alot of people are saying this
    May well be true but just because a lot of people are repeating the same rumour they got from twitter doesn't make it stronger.
    May well be true but just because a lot of people are repeating the same rumour they got from twitter doesn't make it stronger.
    Louder though
    This is true actually. Can you even have varying degrees of rumour? Surely a rumour is just that - a rumour.
    This is true actually. Can you even have varying degrees of rumour? Surely a rumour is just that - a rumour.
    How about trumour a rumour with a ring of truth?
  • If it's from Football Rumours, then it's a FRumour and you know it's complete bollox.
  • If it is a rumour from Cawley then it is not a rumour as he has already signed
  • Paynter was apparently desperate to leave in the Summer. Would be a brilliant signing for the season.
  • edited September 2011
    Is he not getting games?

Stuff I read about Leeds is that they have a striker shortage...
  • Sponsored links:

• I just looked again.  Not scoring for them.
  •  

Addickted.net has a mixed record in terms of accurate rumours  .Although he has called some correctly , he also posted Sol Campbell was due to sign for the Addicks.

As for Paynter a good signing at this level but if he joined we could let Benno go on loan as he is similar , I would still want to have someone who could offer something different .

• I think Painter tries to rough up opponents more than Benno. Like a speed merchant as well. Ansah?
  • rumour is Leeds are trying to sign Forrsell but need to get a wage off the books first. Also Becchio is now fit again.
  • beckford's now at Leicester so does that mean schlupp's further down the order. He would be great on loan  
  • I think Paynter had a move to Coventry collapse on Jim White deadline day
  • Would welcome the signing of Paynter if this is true. Proven L1 record plus I don't think we can afford to wait till Jan until we bring in another good striker. BWP seems to keep getting knocks this season and if he ends up missing a few more games we could struggle up front with just our other current forwards to rely on.
  • I hope that something, anything, happens soon on the striker front....this would do for starters, but until it is on the OS I shall treat it like it's come from FR!
  • Llera to brentford on loan aparently.
  • Whenever I've seen Paynter he's looked overweight and very slow - good scoring record with Swindon 2 season's ago but hardly set the world alight at Leeds possibly due to injuries or playing above his level - would prefer to bring in a quicker player though as its the type of player we lack at present - can see us going for a young Prem or Championship reserve striker on loan where there is no expectation that they have to start every game
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!