Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Cos he would be third choice hed push hayes out I guess?
  • logical thinking, why would he leave preston where he's probably earning a decent wage and is captain to join us and be 3rd choice striker at best?
    Cant see him coming here as a 3rd choice striker if he cost us £800k, he would get the nod ahead of Hayes & Euell 
  • so we'd just be signing prestons relegated strike force? no thanks.
  • Charlie Macdonald now confirmed as signed for MK Dons, think that weakens them once Baldock has gone
  • There was a thread somewhere that Iain Hume was very critical of the PNE board for their transfer business this summer (sales of their best players) and said that they had broken assurances made to him when he signed and if he had known what would happen he wouldn't have. Wouldnt surprise me if he wanted to leave and they were happy to let him go. Would be a good signing IMO. Decent scoring record and still only 27.
  • Agree Large, but highly unlikely for 800k. Wonder whether the Tweet was just born out of the FR post. If so I won't hold my breath.
  • In other news, Joey Barton confirmed as a QPR player.

Great signing for them
  • Haven't PNE got Mellor back as their main striker?
  • There was a thread somewhere that Iain Hume was very critical of the PNE board for their transfer business this summer (sales of their best players) and said that they had broken assurances made to him when he signed and if he had known what would happen he wouldn't have. Wouldnt surprise me if he wanted to leave and they were happy to let him go. Would be a good signing IMO. Decent scoring record and still only 27.
    This is true, but whether he wants to leave - I'm not so sure.

Whatever the case, he is a quality player and I would love for him to come (him leaving would weaken PNE quite seriously, too; he was still scoring regularly in the Champs last season, even though they went down and I expected him to leave in the summer)...but the price tag sounds a bit excessive and if it's from FR, it's probably a load of bollox anyway!
  • Ian hume is an outstanding player for this division. Would love him at charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bees have replaces Charlie with Grella, in reserve we have an ageing midfielder and a guy the manager doesn't rate.
  • Grella - one goal last season, way to go !!
  • Both of whom scored against a Championship side on Tuesday
  • Do you think Benno will go to Mk Dons?
  • Hume scored 10 out of 18 games after his permanent move in January. not bad. 
  • With the transfer window shutting on Weds , thought this would be 'alight' with more than its fair share of 'made up' untruths ;0
  • 2 signings tomorrow apparently. Source Bourneaddick
  • 28 Aug 2011 02:51:49

James Hayter is rumoured to be in talks

with Charlton over a possible move away

from The Keepmoat

guess where this is from lifers ;-)
  • Good player though.
  • 28 Aug 2011 02:51:49

James Hayter is rumoured to be in talks

with Charlton over a possible move away

from The Keepmoat

guess where this is from lifers ;-)
    Too short, he's only 5 foot 9, we need someone about 6 foot 8
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 signings tomorrow apparently. Source Bourneaddick
    Whoosh must have missed this .. is he on a windup?
  • 26 Aug 2011 01:30:55

Charlton are set to sign Ian Hume

from Preston in a £800K deal

other one what rubbish ;-)
  • Bourneaddick said:2 strikers being signed tomorrow, 1 loan (prem club), 1 signing 
  • Michael Owen about to sign for Brighton apparently.
  • no way!!! supurb signing for brighton if true
  • Michael Owen about to sign for Brighton apparently.
    Are you joking
  • If that happens I will be amazed truly amazed
  • Surely not.

Aside from City and Chelsea I think most teams in the PL would take a punt on him on a season long loan.
  • I've a bad feeling about the BWP 'injury'
  • Bantamsfan.co.uk

Phil Parkinson new manager so I assume people are speculating now.

Finally, according to the T&A, City are in talks to sign Charlton’s
    former Dagenham striker Paul Benson after the Londoners accepted their
    bid, which is understood to be a lot lower than the reported £150,000
    buy-out figure. They are also hopeful of snapping up winger Kyel Reid,
    who is a free agent since leaving The Valley in the summer.

I would be amazed if Benson went further up north than Notts C.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!