Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• was hamer good tonight?
    more than capable enough, would be happy with him as first choice
  • was hamer good tonight?

Rumour?
  • was hammer good tonight?
    He was smashing. :-D
    You have hit the nail on the head.
    He clawed at a couple of crosses but I am still glad he is at the club
  • At least he's not a lump hamer
  • If he were a cricketer, he could be a sledge hamer....
  • joe jordan and kevin bond were at the valley yesterday. who could they be looking at?
  • Clive Allen was there as well.
  • Given that we had virtually a second string playing I can only conclude that any scouting was for Reading players.
  • edited August 2011
    Jordan, Bond and Allen was there last night?
    Well thats interesting...

Edit: having checked, Khumalo, the Reading Centre-Half, is on loan from Spurs... and there was me thinking they might have been looking for a centre-forward :-(
  • mendoca in asda - was the 'player' in a white shirt ? sitting next to a guy in black ? he looked alot like a player , but i forget the name 
  • Sponsored links:

• mendoca in asda - was the 'player' in a white shirt ? sitting next to a guy in black ? he looked alot like a player , but i forget the name 
    Yes i kept typing names into wikipedia images , but it wasn't any of the names i was typing in!
  • Le Fondre has handed in a transfer request...
  • Le Fondre has handed in a transfer request...
    .....and he'll be an addick before the deadline.
    Check if it was Kasper Gorkss
    Yes i kept typing names into wikipedia images , but it wasn't any of the names i was typing in!
  • Seems like the whole of the football league is after him... Megson has said that wednesday made two bid for two different strikers on yesterday, reckon one is definately for Le Fondre. 

Be a great signing but can't see it happening...
  • Been reading a bit about ALF the last few days on Owls talk

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=45db5ea440375ec4ef37455d6b9c1d68&showtopic=154549&st=375

They really seem a desperate bunch over there, seemingly thinking they are alot bigger and better than Rotherham (which they are) but they think they have a divine right to dictate how much Fondre is worth
  • Not bothered if they get him tbh.
  • Lol, I would laugh if we nicked ALF from under their noses, they seem certain he is going to sign for them. 
  • Could have been Gorkks and he has just signed ............ for Reading.

• Would rather have Schlupp or Cody Mcdonald.
  • Sponsored links:

Not sure about that Junior, ALF has a proven scoring record, Schlupp is learning his trade and McDonald is a bit hit and miss

Schlupp will be a loan signing only and we all know what can happen with them...

Cody McD isn't wanted at Norwich suggesting that making the transition to CCC level is a step too far.

• ALF is just as proven as Mcleod was when we signed him and IMO although he scores goals his all round game is not that great and he wouldn't offer anything else to our squad that we don't already have. In the short period of time Schlupp had at Brentford he showed that he could score goals at this level and he offers more in his all round game than ALF. I also think Cody Mac offers more in his all round game than ALF and scores just as many but that's just my opinion.

Try Stacy Long

• I would rather have McD as well don't see ALF as a player I would want.

Maybe Norwich didn't see McD as Champ class BFR but having Holt, Martin, Jackson and Hoolahan causing havoc in behind probably more than helped them in reaching that outcome.
  • Lol, I would laugh if we nicked ALF from under their noses, they seem certain he is going to sign for them. 
    I'd be over the moon. Imagine us nicking him and starting him on the 3rd. Imagine their sad northern faces! 
  • the 'player' in white , i thought looked like tamas priskin , but i thought he looked like stacy long after a better look - to be honest , he probably isnt a player

Bearing in mind our start to the season, last night's showing of the "second string" and the way in which SCP has seemingly lured several other targetted players to SE7, I feel this could be a distinct possibilty.

I stated on another thread that I spoke at some length with Alan Knill's wife and son after the match last Saturday . The son is a Sheff Weds  supporter as the family live in/hail from that city . His view was that Charlton has a far better chance of promotion than the Owls and, with a strong squad of players for this league, would be favourites to sign a player of ALF's ilk , should SCP choose to do so in the current transfer window.    

• What's this white shirt business??
  • valley11 - a few of us saw a guy in the directors box yesterday , he looked like a player thats all 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!