Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• good!
  • If we had money to burn on a youngster that at the moment wouldn't get into our first eleven then fine but not bothered we have missed out if indeed we were ever in.
  • Not fussed about Ings. Potential to be good but at the moment he doesn't offer anything another striker doesn't already (i.e. physical power, speed).
  • Bournemouth agree fee with Burnley for Danny Ings

Shame that Bournemouths team has been so dismantled but that is the price you pay if you do well.
  • Hope Harry steps up to the plate for AfcB:
    Good finish Yesterday......
  • Footy Rumours

15 Aug 2011 22:23:02
    Pantelis Kapetanos will sign for Charlton Athletic on loan before Saturday. He is currently playing in the Romanian league for ex Charlton defender Jorge Costa's team.
    I actually spoke to the man today

Also on there that Bristol City are struggling financially. Love to get their young CB James Wilson.
  • Footy Rumours

15 Aug 2011 22:23:02
    Pantelis Kapetanos will sign for Charlton Athletic on loan before Saturday. He is currently playing in the Romanian league for ex Charlton defender Jorge Costa's team.
    I actually spoke to the man today

Also on there that Bristol City are struggling financially. Love to get their young CB James Wilson.
    Just googled the guy above.....he is a striker, 6' 3" age 28...played Champions League and European Football for various teams since 2006/7 season...playing 23 games and scoring 4 goals.
    He has played in various leagues in Europe and has made 213 appearances and scored 50 goals.
    Most successful season so far has been 2009/10 playing for Steuca Bucarest.....playing 30 games and scoring 15 goals.

If this is true he could be the big target man we are after I suppose!!
  • Happy to stick as we are and deal with loans if required.
  • Elliot has been linked with Newcastle after Forster left them yesturday.

• Elliot has been linked with Newcastle after Forster left them yesturday.

Has he where did you see that?  This needs a thread of its own
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy to stick as we are and deal with loans if required.
    Just as well you're not in charge then.

Both Slater and SCP have confirmed we need a target man.
  • Layer Road?
  • Magnus Okuonghae could be on his way to Charlton from Colchester. Directors of the two clubs discussed the move at the Addicks' recent match at Layer Road. [Source: None]
    You can tell us that without a source?
  • Layer Road?
    That sums up the general accuracy of the rumour. I was going to post it on Football Rumours, then copy it back to here, but decided to cut out the middle man. If only more people did that, it makes sense to keep the made up stuff to ourselves, rather than put it on FR where fans of other clubs can heap ridicule on it.
    Are you saying that things on FR are made up!? Noooooooo!!
  • He would be a good signing tho?
  • I thought he was absolutely awful the other night, he has no pace either, so we are better with Morro and Matty Taylor!!We need a pacy CB!
  • No he wouldn't, he was absolute crap, complete donkey, got terrorised the whole game!
  • No he wouldn't, he was absolute crap, complete donkey, got terrorised the whole game!
    Maybe because we have already agreed a deal to sign him and he wanted to see his new team win comfortably ;-)
  • Oh makes sense now! ;-)
  • Too big a squad can pose its own problems - I think we have cover in all the positions and if we are looking to bring in more cover - we might be better off spending the money on a qulaity loanee in the position that requires it at the time. Seems a perfectly reasonable approach -  not to say the board are wrong and I am right but it isn't so ridiculous surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• What about Leon Clarke? He hasn't been given a squad number by QPR and is free to go. He'd fit the bill of a target man everyone seems to want and he'd get to stay in london which might appeal to him.

What do you think? I haven't seen him play before lol, but I've heard good things about him..

• The Mail is saying our old mucker Di Canio is after Clarke for Swindon
  • Clarke...?
  • I would rather ken clarke!
  • yeah leon clarke is shite! ;-)
  • Heard on the train that Robbie is off to Newcastle for 250k/12 grand a week for our academy graduate. Twitter the source!
  • Saw some bloke in the directors box , who looked like a player ( Footballer kind) didn't recognise him though , so i'm sure we'll sign someone by the weekend.
  • was hamer good tonight?
  • was hammer good tonight?
    He was smashing. :-D
  • was hammer good tonight?
    He was smashing. :-D
    You have hit the nail on the head.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!