Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• sorry but who he?
    Striker - WBA. Was at BHA on loan last season.
    C Wood?.. yes please, Kiwi built like an All Black back rower .. I just can't see WBA letting him go and I am not in favour of loans as he could be 'recalled' at any time and that would disrupt the team
    If you pay for the loan they can't be recalled without a clause in though I believe?

Would be a great signing imo, really impressed me at BHA and has always looked good for West Brom, albeit scoring record there is poor. Would complement our top 3 very well.
    Martin last season was recalled by Jewell, most loan deals contain a recall clause
  • sorry but who he?
    C Wood?.. yes please, Kiwi built like an All Black back rower .. I just can't see WBA letting him go and I am not in favour of loans as he could be 'recalled' at any time and that would disrupt the team
    If you pay for the loan they can't be recalled without a clause in though I believe?

Would be a great signing imo, really impressed me at BHA and has always looked good for West Brom, albeit scoring record there is poor. Would complement our top 3 very well.
    Martin last season was recalled by Jewell, most loan deals contain a recall clause
    I think Martin only had a 6 month loan.
  • Jonathan Spector joins Birmingham on a free
  • Have Brighton bought any strikers since murrays departure.

If Brighton became interested would have thought he would go back there
  • sorry but who he?

I think Martin only had a 6 month loan.
    Possible, memory tells me the loan was renewed at Christmas, he was definitely recalled just as he was coming good, trouble was PP never used him to his best advantage (except at Peterborough) .. but that is another story

Mackail-Smith
  • Have Brighton bought any strikers since murrays departure. If Brighton became interested would have thought he would go back there
    Mc kail-Smith

Craig Mackel-Smith went to Brighton for £2.5m
  • and Will Hoskins
  • two 'problem' clubs this year - newcastle and birmingham
  • Sponsored links:

and Blackburn too...?

Linked with Beckham, Ronaldinho, Vukcinic, Pappis Cisse etc etc

First arrival - David Goodwillie!
  • Bover just tweeted that Brighton are buying McKail-Smith.

and Blackburn too...?

Linked with Beckham, Ronaldinho, Vukcinic, Pappis Cisse etc etc

First arrival - David Goodwillie!
    goodwillie and wood - what a combo that could be
  • Bover just tweeted that Brighton are buying McKail-Smith.

Brilliant but any news from him on his squad number?
  • edited August 2011
    Should buy Lee Hughes as well, he's a dick!
  • Did Wednesday have a 200k bid rejected for Le Fondre?
  • and Will Hoskins
    And Roland Bergkamp
  • yeah dennis's brother!
  • and Will Hoskins
    And Roland Bergkamp
    Interestingly I read an article on Roland when he signed and he said he's never met his Uncle!
    Dreams of Brighton supporters picturing one-on-one training sessions from birth shattered!
  • edited August 2011
    rumoured in the Daily Mail that we (along with Preston, Sheff Wed & a few others) are interested in Chris Wood.
    That Chris Wood , phew i had to think for a minute , i was thinking not another keeper! (Chris Wood used to be an England Goalie , for the younger ones amongst us who don't know) the Chris Wood , you're mentioning , is he the same guy who went on loan to Brighton last season and did really well?
  • Sponsored links:

• Marlon King has gone to Birmingham
    He's been there for a while now.
  • I don't think the deal for Wood was a loan - I think it was a purchase
  • yeah sorry dennis is roland's uncle! ;-)
  • Norwich quoting 600k for Cody McDonald! maybe thats why "he's not a player we're interested in".

Same with ALF, Rotherham are after 500k supposedly, I wonder if ShefW will stump up the cash?
  • edited August 2011
    both strikers not worth that much!!
  • Norwich quoting 600k for Cody McDonald! maybe thats why "he's not a player we're interested in".

Same with ALF, Rotherham are after 500k supposedly, I wonder if ShefW will stump up the cash?
    Thought someone said last week that he'd been released. He is the dartford lad, yeah?

600k is far too rich for us. the most we can afford is undisclosed. ;-)
  • @tangoflash yea on loan Gills last season. I doubt they would of released him if they reckon they can get that amount of dosh!

How much is Robbie worth?

Thought someone said last week that he'd been released. He is the dartford lad, yeah?

600k is far too rich for us. the most we can afford is undisclosed. ;-)
    My understanding from reading an article recently is that Norwich have told him he is no longer in their plans so can leave. However, he is still under contract so would command a fee of around £550,000 which probably prices us out of the market
  • Since he's involved at Carshalton tonight Rasiak appears to be in the driving seat, but only if he does enough (not just tonight) to impress. If, as Golfie says, there's a chance of a permanent move for Wood then the club might see that as a better long term move. He's clearly not a 20-a-season man (yet) but would give us the target man option.
  • Find it strange that on one hand they don't value him, yet on the other hand the'd want half a million for a kid who has played non-league and L2. 

I could understand maybe £200k with add-ons for amount of goals, promotion etc.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!