Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• me too :-D
  • Laugh all you want. Reality is, if someone did offer 750k for BWP he'd be gone.
  • I really dont think he would, why would the board go through all the trouble of spending all that cash to get in players who will meet the needs of BWP (service) and then ship him off for £750,000 I dont think our board are that stupid!
  • heard BWP, Waggy and Elliot all getting new contracts to be announced soon.
  • Laugh all you want. Reality is, if someone did offer 750k for BWP he'd be gone.

Double it and they might be tempted, but I still don't think they would bite. For all our buying we've managed to sign one forward this close season - and he is hardly prolific at this level. BWP is the sort of player who doesn't make a team, but should finish it off nicely. If he stays fit he'll be there or thereabouts as L1's leading goal scorer this season. Unless there's a better striker/goal poacher out there who we don't know about he won't be going anywhere.
  • edited July 2011
    Charlton website down for me , does that mean a signing is imminent?
  • Its fine for me
  • Tunchev involved in the Leicester vs Madrid friendly, Craig played for Millwall. Discount those two as potential signings?

Double it and they might be tempted, but I still don't think they would bite. For all our buying we've managed to sign one forward this close season - and he is hardly prolific at this level. BWP is the sort of player who doesn't make a team, but should finish it off nicely. If he stays fit he'll be there or thereabouts as L1's leading goal scorer this season. Unless there's a better striker/goal poacher out there who we don't know about he won't be going anywhere.
    A year on his contract though...
  • Oh my days , i nearly wet my self with laughter when i saw this on that dodgy Football rumours Website...

27 Jul 2011 13:34:38
    Charlton Fan and Author Jonathan Ackworth, is believed to in talks with Richard Murray in regard to becoming part of the Charlton board.
    Best one yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh my days , i nearly wet my self with laughter when i saw this on that dodgy Football rumours Website...

Charlton Fan and Author Jonathan Ackworth, is believed to in talks with Richard Murray in regard to becoming part of the Charlton board.
    Best one yet
    surf or water board?
  • Richard Crawley saying to expect a busy week ahead

Best one yet
    surf or water board?
    I thought Water board had been outlawed?
  • Richard Crawley saying to expect a busy week ahead
    He's getting the spare room decorated...
  • edited July 2011

Don't have to be Einstein to work that one out.
  • edited July 2011
    Could be he's getting himself organised by getting the kids school uniform early, Clarks do tend to run out of certain sizes so i hear.
  • Anton Robinson has just left AFCB for Huddersfield. Good signing for them.
    more money in AFCB coffers added to the fact we have signed Hughes so I expect Simon Francis to sign for them by 5pm
    more money in AFCB coffers added to the fact we have signed Hughes so I expect Simon Francis to sign for them by 5pm
    Didn't they already sign a replacement RB after the Francis saga so they may be looking at other positions now...
    Not bad - but interesting that he has gone to one of our 'rivals' - but is arguably not as big a player for them to lose as Hollands.
  • Sponsored links:

Didn't they already sign a replacement RB after the Francis saga so they may be looking at other positions now...
    Yeah they took a Spurs RB on loan - not Smith though
    Yeah they took a Spurs RB on loan - not Smith though
    a real youngster though, I'm sure they'd rather him as back up to an experienced pro, please.
  • Presumably Wagstaff will be replaced if he doesn't sign a contract extension the same way Elliot seems to be being?
    Just hope they don't take the same line with BWP
  • The player from Spurs is called Byrne and although some are calling him a RB I thought he was a midfielder and wouldn't be surprised if they came back for Francis.
  • I just heard Joey Barton to Arsenal.......bit random!
  • I just heard Joey Barton to Arsenal.......bit random!
    apparently he is making an announcement regarding his future at 4pm today

he has always maintained he would see out his contract at Newcastle but in recent days his dissent against the board and support for José Enrique have really put him in a tricky position
  • Telegraph fella from t'north on twitter thinks NUFC have told Barton he can leave by mutual consent
  • Barton wandering around the West End on a saturday night dont bear thinking about ; )
  • Barton has been released by Newcastle.
  • Barton to Arsenal was rumoured a few weeks ago. I know they need a bit of steel in the middle but that's taking the piss!

It's like needing a security dog so getting in a ravenous, baby eating pit-bull.

Well sort of.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!