Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• He is so on the ball, that man Large.................shame I can't say where he may have got the info from :)
    Football Rumours.  He says so on his post from last week.

People slag that site off but seems it was right on this one.  That means EVERYTHING is says is true, right?
  • So Robbie Keane is really signing - Wooooopdeeeedoooooo
  • So Robbie Keane is really signing - Wooooopdeeeedoooooo
    We're signing Robbie Keane?????
  • No - just Henry being sarcastic for once !!  lol
  • SLP reckons Dailly is set to stay, and has come back in to training (read it on the back of the paper just now).

So would that be Dailly / Morrison first choice. Doc / Taylor back up?

• I've no idea whether Taylor is better than Dailly, but the thought of having Dailly as a first choice centre back would worry me a little. No problem with him coming on at the end of a few games to steady the ship though.
  • Taylor and Morrison as first choice, Dailly and Doc as back up, Mambo bringing up the rear
  • I'm not overly concerned if Dailly features a lot this season tbh. Our team from front to back last season was god awful and this season the defence will have far better protection than last term and add to that the addition of some better defenders and I think we are far better served.
  • Think I am more concerned at having a guy who couldnt get in Exeters team at the end of last season being first choice.

Though tbh, I haven't seen him play yet to judge.

• Will Andersen sign?
  • Sponsored links:

• Play Dailly at right back, he looked very good in that position at Plymouth away - and he's tall :0)
  • It'll give us a few options.

Morrison made his name for leicester at right back don't forget. Still would like us to sign another CB who is younger than Doherty/Dailly....
  • hope so cafc_se7 ;-)
  • I don't think Dailly will be with us come Aug 6th - he hasn't featured in any pre-season games and I don't think he went to Spain neither.
  • Did he play in any last year?
  • I don't think Dailly will be with us come Aug 6th - he hasn't featured in any pre-season games and I don't think he went to Spain neither.
    I agree - looks like he didn't make the grade this year.
  • Why do people care so much about size. There are alot of good players at 6ft and below. I wouldnt call a 5ft 10 player small either. ITS ABOUT FOOTBALL SKILL.
  • Why do people care so much about size. There are alot of good players at 6ft and below. I wouldnt call a 5ft 10 player small either. ITS ABOUT FOOTBALL SKILL.
    Jake, i think its become a bit of a running joke.
    Jake, i think its become a bit of a running joke.
    It's now beyond a marathon. Stopped being funny ages ago. 
  • Who's Will Anderson?!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think that joke has been rinsed harder than Jordan to be fair!

The worry is that the average height of today's (1st choice) defence is 5'10" and we've yet to play a side that lumps it. One or two short defenders can be OK but not the entire back four.
  • FFS, average of 5'10" isn't small, the Arsenal back four of Dixon, Adams, Keown and Winterburn only had an average height of 5'11", when Kenny Samson was in their team I bet their average height was even lower. It doesn't matter, it's down to ability, positioning, skill, an inch or two difference in height is absolutely meaningless.

If you were trying to be funny you've failed, if you were serious then I stick by me FFS
  • Cody Mcdonald is being released by Noriwch. Would love to get him, had a good season at Gills and we need four strikers.
  • Cody Mcdonald is being released by Noriwch. Would love to get him, had a good season at Gills and we need four strikers.
    Heard that Powell wasn't interested in him.
  • That Baath has gone to SWFC 6 month loan.
  • I think that joke has been rinsed harder than Jordan to be fair!
    this.
  • powell said he might not wanted to pay for him, think if he's in for nothing. it's something he'd look at.
  • That Baath has gone to SWFC 6 month loan.
    Apparantly he did really well for them, and I remeber the infamous football rumours said we were after him. They rate him better than Morrison so it looks a good loan for them. They still don't have much creativity in their side or goalscorers. Good defensively though which is typical Megson.
  • edited July 2011
    Oh my days , i nearly wet my self with laughter when i saw this on that dodgy Football rumours Website...

27 Jul 2011 13:34:38
    Charlton Fan and Author Jonathan Ackworth, is believed to in talks with Richard Murray in regard to becoming part of the Charlton board.

26 Jul 2011 14:41:28
    Millwall have agreed a £750,000 fee with Charlton's 21 goal top scorer for last season. He will be having a medical towards the end of the week in view to a three year £5k per week contract.

26 Jul 2011 09:11:07
    Charlton midfielder Mikel Alonso is set to be sold to Getafe for £750k to be closer to his family in Madrid in particular his Granpa and brother.

The money will be used to fund deals for Tony Craig, Jason Euell and Chris Dickson

They should just call it Football made up stories!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!