Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Barton's a far better player then people give him credit for
  • Barton's a far better player then people give him credit for
    He's a good player, yes. I don't think that's the reason people don't give him credit though. 
  • edited August 2011
    he's good but arsenal have wilshere, song, diaby that all do the type of roll barton does. got a funny feeling his personality wouldnt fit in there either.
  • in all fairness though Gary I think they could do with a few players whose personalities wouldn't fit in, hasn't done them many favours in the last 5/6 years
  • Satisfies the home grown rule.

• I'll argue that he's better then Song and Diaby. Barton and Wilshere would be an excellent midfield pairing
  • I'll argue that he's better then Song and Diaby. Barton and Wilshere would be an excellent midfield pairing

Agree. If not if I was Wenger I would buy Scott Parker as he is a player that would do all the dirty work allowing the rest of the team to play that fancy football they do.

Never replaced Vieira and Parker  would go some way to do that.

• i personally think if diaby stays fit he will be miles better than barton. bartons main contribution to him having a good season at newcastle was his crossing ability for carrol. you imagine him putting them sort of crosses in for arsenal....be a complete waste of time. think he would just fade into being another standard centre midfielder. someone like stoke should be after him.
  • Your on the wrong site !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2011
    Your on the wrong site !!!
    what?

Think he means shouldn't you be discussing this on an Arsenal rumours site not Charlton forum.
  • or more likely, he means wrong thread, as there's a Barton one floating around?
  • edited August 2011
    soz for ruining a once great thread
  • I see Wednesday fans think they've signed Le Fondre. Hard to tell how good a signing he is, if they've got him.
  • edited August 2011
    I see Wednesday fans think they've signed Le Fondre. Hard to tell how good a signing he is, if they've got him.
    Could come back to haunt me but my take on it now is rather them than us.

Would prefer MacDonald over him for example anyday or even Schlupp on loan with view to permanent if we go up.
  • Le Fondre would be a great signing for whoever in this league - deffo 20 goal a season striker.
  • wouldn't want him to be honest.
  • ALF is a typical billy big bollox, thinks hes the next messi, as soon as he plays at a higher level he will be brought straight back down to earth ( came from a rotherham friend)

• us signing alf is pointless. bwp and alf are exactly the same type, very little tracking back but will sit and score chances.
    only difference
    bwp is proven at this level.
  • Sponsored links:

• us signing alf is pointless. bwp and alf are exactly the same type, very little tracking back but will sit and score chances.
    only difference
    bwp is proven at this level.
    agree entirely, ALF has an attitude problem supposedly
  • So if BWP were out injured wouldn't we need an ALF? No?, that's alright then.
    would alf sign for us to be bench warmer? no.
  • I tend to agree with Marriott

besides, currently Benson is meant to be our "johnny on the spot" on standby...

In case that how are we going to accommodate Hollands, Stephens, Alonso, Pritchard etc into two midfield places. I thought some of them might be bench warmers? No-one is guaranteed a start. If BWP suffers injury or suspension or just a plain old loss of form we'd need a replacement. That is where ALF would come in plus it keeps BWP on his toes. To get out of this league we need a squad. If no one signed because of a fear of just warming the bench we'd only have a squad of eleven players. Not saying ALF is the answer but we need another striker and when we do either them or Benno or Hayes will become a bench warmer anyway.

In case that how are we going to accommodate Hollands, Stephens, Alonso, Pritchard etc into two midfield places. I thought some of them might be bench warmers? No-one is guaranteed a start. If BWP suffers injury or suspension or just a plain old loss of form we'd need a replacement. That is where ALF would come in plus it keeps BWP on his toes. To get out of this league we need a squad. If no one signed because of a fear of just warming the bench we'd only have a squad of eleven players. Not saying ALF is the answer but we need another striker and when we do either them or Benno or Hayes will become a bench warmer anyway.
    put yourself in his shoes, you're wanted man. you can come to us and have to try and dislodge who i see to be the best striker in the league in bwp. or you could go to other clubs that will offer the same wage and a guaranteed starting spot when you join. also benno's more than capable at playing the bwp roll.
    i'd rather we sign a target man.
  • Schlupp will be cover for BWP if he comes IMHO

Would still like a big lump like Howard, who powell said he tried for on loan last season, as back up to Hayes and as an sub when the game requires a physical presence.
  • Coventry fan at work said supposedly Clive Platt will sign for us this week. 6ft4 striker, big lump, scores very little.
  • edited August 2011
    Coventry fan at work said supposedly Clive Platt will sign for us this week. 6ft4 striker, big lump, scores very little.
    Crickey his stats don't set the world alight , prepare to be disappointed if he does sign , whats happened to signing young and up and coming players? i know you need a mixture of both , if we do sign this guy , could see him coming in for stick due to his non goalscoring record.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!