Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• Find it strange that on one hand they don't value him, yet on the other hand the'd want half a million for a kid who has played non-league and L2. 

I could understand maybe £200k with add-ons for amount of goals, promotion etc.
    True but he's their player so they can ask for what they like.  Their not desperate to move him and don't need the cash urgently.  They can always cut the price or loan him out.
  • Find it strange that on one hand they don't value him, yet on the other hand the'd want half a million for a kid who has played non-league and L2. 

I could understand maybe £200k with add-ons for amount of goals, promotion etc.

If you put your house up for sale would you price it at the highest value you could get, or accept any offer just to sell?

If you don't need to sell you'll put a full value on it - you never know who might pay it.

• Chris Wood would be a fantastic signing for us. He was really strong for Brighton and at his age he's only going to get better. I'd be a bit disappointed if Raziak was the striker we brought in but then with the amount of investment we've already seen so far this season it might not really be an option for us to throw any more money around. At this point in the season striker prices are going to be at an absolute premium
  • well, we could have had Cody MacDonald for nothing 18 months ago if the 2 Phils (Chapple & Parkinson) had bothered to traveled south east to Dartford to watch him play rather than travel East to Southend (where they picked up 2 useless players)

No wonder they have both been userped (sp ?)

• well, we could have had Cody MacDonald for nothing 18 months ago if the 2 Phils (Chapple & Parkinson) had bothered to traveled south east to Dartford to watch him play rather than travel East to Southend (where they picked up 2 useless players)

No wonder they have both been userped (sp ?)

Don't see the problem, Powell doesn't want him either. Powell has also kept Phil Chapple on at the club.

Norwich signed him in February 2009, back when we had Dickson, McLeod and Fleetwood and didn't need more gambles from lower or non-league.
  • edited August 2011
    rumoured in the Daily Mail that we (along with Preston, Sheff Wed & a few others) are interested in Chris Wood.
    That Chris Wood , phew i had to think for a minute , i was thinking not another keeper! (Chris Wood used to be an England Goalie , for the younger ones amongst us who don't know) the Chris Wood , you're mentioning , is he the same guy who went on loan to Brighton last season and did really well?
    didnt he (Chris Woods GK) make his debut at Wembley in a League Cup Final - I may be wrong but i cant be bothered to google it
  • Not 100% sure if it was his debut but seem to recall he had a blinder as they beat Liverpool in the League Cup Final.
  • Cody and ALF are both inferior versions of BWP and we also have Benno as poacher. Rasiak doesn't'exited me, Wood is nearer to the young hungry profile we've been promised.
  • rumoured in the Daily Mail that we (along with Preston, Sheff Wed & a few others) are interested in Chris Wood.
    That Chris Wood , phew i had to think for a minute , i was thinking not another keeper! (Chris Wood used to be an England Goalie , for the younger ones amongst us who don't know) the Chris Wood , you're mentioning , is he the same guy who went on loan to Brighton last season and did really well?
    didnt he (Chris Woods GK) make his debut at Wembley in a League Cup Final - I may be wrong but i cant be bothered to google it
    I think so .. Forest v Liverpool? .. after Shilton left?
  • 02 Aug 2011 14:47:30
    I live in valley grove and saw le fondre arriving at the valley this afternoon as i walked past the main gates, he was standing outside on the phone and it was definitely him. Le Fondre will be signing for charlton watch this space

someone posted that..? 
  • Sponsored links:

• it's football rumours. it is 99% bullshit.
  • it's football rumours. it is 99% bullshit.
    Only 99?!
  • 99% of people wouldn't know Adam the Fondler if he came up to them and laid a Cleveland Steamer on their chest

My guess - it ain't happening
  • couldn't have put it better myself swisdom!
  • I'd rather believe Football Rumours than the Daily Mail though !
  • I'd rather believe Football Rumours than the Daily Mail though !
    Rather ALF than Chris Wood you mean?
  • Robbie44 to Bournemouth, he played well against them and they have just sold keeper to old manager Howe at Burnley

• Robbie44 to Bournemouth, he played well against them and they have just sold keeper to old manager Howe at Burnley

Is that just putting 2 and 2 together or do you have an inside scoop?

Is that just putting 2 and 2 together or do you have an inside scoop?

Robbie is not going to turn down a new contract offer from us only to go and sign for a lesser League 1 club and on less money too. Robbie will go to a Champnship or PL club no matter how ridiculous that may sound to some on here.
  • so im the 1% that would know lefondre if i saw him! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• My pal has been at work all day today if le fondre was at the valley today he would have told be like he did when Stephens was there having talks
  • RichCawleySLP Richard Cawley Defender Andrew Davies set to sign month-long loan deal with #cpfc tomorrow.
  • RichCawleySLP Richard Cawley Defender Andrew Davies set to sign month-long loan deal with #cpfc tomorrow.
    Only a month, nip in there Powelly and sort it out.

• RichCawleySLP Richard Cawley 

Defender Andrew Davies set to sign month-long loan deal with #cpfc tomorrow.
    Only a month, nip in there Powelly and sort it out.
    agreed
  • Excuse my ignorance but who is he ?
  • Excuse my ignorance but who is he ?
    google him .. he's on stoke's books
  • Why is this news not getting more attention. Why only a month ?
    You do realise it's CPFC, not CAFC he's supposedly joining?
    You do realise it's CPFC, not CAFC he's supposedly joining?

Hangs head in shame. Crawley you twat.
  • Cawley/Crawley either way it's creepy.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!