Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours

Comments

• @MendocainAsdas

My thoughts exactly. Aidy Boothroyd type of player.
  • Didn't Slater talk about getting a target man and another proven 20+ goal a season striker? (could be one player).

We could need up to 4 signings if Benson and Doherty go, which isn't impossible, 2 strikers and 2 centre backs.
  • Having someone like ALF would be a luxury in our squad right now. Yes he isn't proven at this level but nor was Benson yet he still scored goals, don't think Le Fondre would get ahead of BWP but in injury cases then he would, but I don't think we are that cash rich to do that in this league.
  • According to Sky, Diego Poyet is about to sign his first pro deal with us, which is great news.
  • According to Sky, Diego Poyet is about to sign his first pro deal with us, which is great news.
    Fingers crossed for that to happen.

that would be good news
  • Maybe we're bringing in someone like Chris Wood on loan
  • Don't you think we need a Kevin Davies type player? 
  • After what seems like 100 years of supporting Charlton, I've never known a close season like this one.

So who are we signing today?
  • edited August 2011
    After what seems like 100 years of supporting Charlton, I've never known a close season like this one.

So who are we signing today?
    Messi.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................'s cousins sisters aunties long lost brother :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• So who are we signing today?
    Some 16 year old Uruguayan/English kid.  Meant to be the next big thing.  Keep it Schtum though.
  • Only because his father rejected him Henry. ;-)
  • edited August 2011
    Back on le Fondre, apparently Coventry are in advanced talks with him and Blackpool might be interested, so maybe Sheff Wed might miss out which will be excellent news for us, they don't have much attacking wise

And Rotherham have also apparently rejected Wednesdays bid
  • Personally, I woudn't be excited if we got him. He's his own biggest fan. Let him go to Coventry and compare ego's with marlon king, before realising that he's at a club that are 2 divisions higher than his level of ability.
  • Marlon King has gone to Birmingham
  • My old man has seen him play 3 or 4 times in the flesh when hes been up north on business, doesnt rate him at all!Its funny how its taken him a number of seasons now to get that big move he wants!
  • Personally, I woudn't be excited if we got him. He's his own biggest fan. Let him go to Coventry and compare ego's with marlon king, before realising that he's at a club that are 2 divisions higher than his level of ability.
    Marlon King has gone to Birmingham

They could meet up in Costa Coffee ?
  • rumoured in the Daily Mail that we (along with Preston, Sheff Wed & a few others) are interested in Chris Wood.
  • sorry but who he?
  • edited August 2011
    sorry but who he?
    Striker - WBA. Was at BHA on loan last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• West Brom striker was on loan at Brighton last season.
  • only 19. remember seeing him come on in the world cup for new zealand. quite a stocky neil mellor looking fella.

scored 8 on loan at Brighton last season. Think he would be decent for us on loan.

• Wiki says he's 6 ft 3

Decent goal record at Brighton considering it was his first run of games in English football, and he's only 19 http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=51339
  • Do we anticipate Hayes getting better than what he's showing at the moment or is he up to speed and playing his normal game? I must confess, i don't remember seeing him play before and he just looks like an average journeyman lower league striker to me.
  • whoops, shown my ignorance there. Remember him now, was really impressed with him last season, would be happy with him.
  • sorry but who he?
    C Wood?.. yes please, Kiwi built like an All Black back rower .. I just can't see WBA letting him go and I am not in favour of loans as he could be 'recalled' at any time and that would disrupt the team
  • Do we anticipate Hayes getting better than what he's showing at the moment or is he up to speed and playing his normal game? I must confess, i don't remember seeing him play before and he just looks like an average journeyman lower league striker to me.
    I'm afraid you might be right .. at worst he'll be a foil for Wright-Phillips and (we all hope) at best he could blossom into a Grant Holt, albeit a smaller version
  • sorry but who he?
    C Wood?.. yes please, Kiwi built like an All Black back rower .. I just can't see WBA letting him go and I am not in favour of loans as he could be 'recalled' at any time and that would disrupt the team
    If you pay for the loan they can't be recalled without a clause in though I believe?

Would be a great signing imo, really impressed me at BHA and has always looked good for West Brom, albeit scoring record there is poor. Would complement our top 3 very well.
  • Wood sounds like what we need - will add a bit of penetration. I'm sure Gus Poyet would have given us some info about the player as well.  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!