Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

******MATCH OFF TOMORROW- OFFICIAL*********

12346»

Comments

• Options
    surely a couple of shovels would have soon cleared that. Anyway by 11.45am it had all melted.
  • Options
    AND we could have used an ORANGE ball !!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Had a referee carried out a pitch inspection on Saturday the game would definitely have been called off, so the fact it was postponed 24 hours earlier proved to be the correct decision."
  • Options
    I think snow/ice melts quicker when people walk on it, I don't think anyone is allowed on The Valley pitch - if Paddy had his own way I don't even think the players would be allowed on it. So not sure it would have melted away as quickly as other places ( I may be wrong). Plus, there are parts of the pitch that the sun can't get to, so a third would have been waterlogged, a third fine and a third frozen.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite] so a third would have been waterlogged, a third fine and a third frozen.

Sounds like your cooking
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]I think snow/ice melts quicker when people walk on it, I don't think anyone is allowed on The Valley pitch - if Paddy had his own way I don't even think the players would be allowed on it. So not sure it would have melted away as quickly as other places ( I may be wrong). Plus, there are parts of the pitch that the sun can't get to, so a third would have been waterlogged, a third fine and a third frozen.

But Suzi it was sunny in Swanley.

Could not the club have set up a huge reflective screen on top of Shooters Hill to divert the sun from Swanley onto those part of the pitch that were frozen or at least taken the roofs off the stands over night. How hard can it be?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Brunello[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]so a third would have been waterlogged, a third fine and a third frozen.

Sounds like your cooking

You've spoken to Dec then.....!
  • Options
    Aha - but how do we know that picture was taken on Saturday?

For all we know this could be a subtle part of Chief Nzeribe's plan to force the club into admistration so he can snap it up at a bargain price, wind it up and then relocate the New Wine Church of God from the Woolwich Coronet to the Valley site.

Don't say I never warned y'all.