Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

******MATCH OFF TOMORROW- OFFICIAL*********

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]Is it off tomorrow then ?

No, It's on but the Club are hoping this trick will keep all the moaners away.

All true Charlton fans will have got a text message telling them the game is still on. If you haven't you are officially a miserable git ; - )
  • Options

Dancing on ice has replaced it instead
  • Options
    Watford v Saints is now off as well
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Watford v Saints is now off as well

They called that off very early?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

No, It's on but the Club are hoping this trick will keep all the moaners away.

All true Charlton fans will have got a text message telling them the game is still on. If you haven't you are officially a miserable git ; - )

Oh i didn't get one - I try so hard to keep everyone positive and i dont even get a text :o(

That's it - Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
  • Options

Maybe they've got a few injuries and suspensions and would rather play it later in the season when they're already relegated?
  • Options
    The O/S is still advertising the game on the main page .......... first with the news as always
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Maybe they've got a few injuries and suspensions and would rather play it later in the season when they're already relegated?

Do you mean Watford or Southampton. Not sure if that is true as they must have got an independent ref to call it off. They can't just call it off themselves the way we did and then just told the League "look, we've got a van load of pies outside, if we don't cancel now we'll have to pay for them"

I think they will reschedule the game for the last week of the season and then play out a 0 - 0 draw which they will think be enough to keep both teams up.

However their plan will backfire as the same night we will beat Cardiff and go above both of them. We'll then only need to beat Norwich at home to stay up. LOCKED ON FACT.
  • Options
    Wouldn't that be great if the game did go ahead without the Cardiff team.

What do you reckon the score would be?

I'd go for a 0-0.
  • Options
    Petts Wood Owls U10s v Fisher Athletic on Sunday now off as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Wouldn't that be great if the game did go ahead without the Cardiff team.

What do you reckon the score would be?

I'd go for a 0-0.

Not sure we'd keep a clean sheet
  • Options
    Moo2 would score an own goal out of spite.
  • Options
    I got a voicemail from Les Reed regarding tomorrows match. urging me to buy a ticket.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]sorry Suzi........I didn't realise it was that much hassel puting a game on.

next week, just tell the League that we wont bother playing, we'll give Plymouth the 3 points and we wont have to trouble the catering and stewarding staff.

not hassle, thats ridiculous - just a snippet of what goes into each match and how the early cancellation may or may not have effected us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]sorry Suzi........I didn't realise it was that much hassel puting a game on.

next week, just tell the League that we wont bother playing, we'll give Plymouth the 3 points and we wont have to trouble the catering and stewarding staff.

not hassle, thats ridiculous - just a snippet of what goes into each match and how the early cancellation may or may not have effected us.

Don't worry suzi, he's been trying to wind everybody up with the ubelievably negative posting over the last few years and now that people won't bite he's decided rude and sarcastic are going to be the new bait.
  • Options
    oh come on he's got a right to moan... he's now got to spend a day with his kids!!
  • Options
    poor kids.
  • Options
    Boris called the game off. Apparently, the Valley Express coaches can become lethal weapons in icy conditions . . .
  • Options
    LTSB Vets v Wycombe Park Vets is still on Sunday (For now)

Not really fussed about game being off, would have been nice to go to break the monotony off my boring week at home but the way we are playing at least I know I won't be annoyed or p*ssed off at 5pm tomorrow.
  • Options
    everyone is glad that its off so they wont be upset at 5pm tomorrow

Hello it will have to be played eventually so your be upset another week more like 10pm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I like the idea that it was Boris!

But seriously, we do seem to live in a nanny state run by lunatic health and safety regulations.

Bit of snow last Monday, and Boris suspends the entire bus service - the same bus service that managed to keep running throughout the Blitz. Then they close all the schools.

And the reason for the postponement of the Watford game on their website smacks of the same health & safety run amok. Nothing to do with the pitch, it seems. Here's the reason given on their OS :

"The risk to the general public if the game went ahead could have been potentially too high''.

Perhaps we should have a mayoral edict that the entire capital is under house arrest tomorrow in case it freezes, with a £50 fine for anybody who dares to venture out!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited February 2009
    We (the royal one) have brought this on ourselves.

If someone fell over and broke a leg on the ice etc etc, there would be claims galore.

I don't blame individuals or businesses trying to protect themselves from court.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Probably sold the pitch covering to pay for the pot holes in the car park!
    PP can say we weren't beaten at the weekend for once!!
    Our return from the dead under that collosus amongst managers can wait another week.
  • Options
    They'd have to prove negligence and responsibility on the part of another party in not clearing the ice, though...
  • Options
    although the pitch is playable, Palace's match is also off tomorrow.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]out of interest, if a game is called for weather reasons, is the club covered by any form of insurance ?[/quote]

[quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]fuking hell some on here should just be glad they dont have to watch us play FFS. We are shit folks a week off might do the players the world of good and get some injuries a bit closer to being repaired.

Chill out have the day off and do something else.

have you not been pissed off all season or is it the fact that you cant moan on here for 72hrs solid after we dont turn up for another fixture at home.

I like a moan and a groan but maybe you should try doing that tomorrow it might atleast cheer you up, wife/girlfriend permitting obviously :-)[/quote]

AFKA - No, I don't believe so

NLA - fcuking great post (and yes I've now had a drink)
  • Options
    Disappointing but I'll manfully watch the rugby instead in the warmth of my living room.
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet home game off tomorrow, but Gills optimistic the game at the Priestfield will go ahead.

What do I care? Off skiing in the morning and not back until after the Argyle game, which I think we will wn!

Signing off and will see you all in about ten days....
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Spankie[/cite] I just wonder if my game at Chatham Town v Great Wakering Rovers will be on tomorrow...

No snow left from earlier in the week mate, but it had started snowing again at the top of Bluebell Hill when we came along the M2 about 5.30 tonight....
  • Options
    Mixed feelings...hopefully when we get to play Cardiff we'll be in better form.