Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

******MATCH OFF TOMORROW- OFFICIAL*********

Comments

• Options
    While you lot who obviously hate going to watch football can all put your feet up and chill out while you watch rugby or whatever it is that you like doing on a Saturday afternoon, is it OK for me to not celebrate because I could go to the match tomorrow but won't be able to see the rescheduled game in April. And can somebody explain how not being pleased that the match has been postponed is interpreted by so many people on here as being negative and an attack on the club?
  • Options
    Heavy Ice and Sleet, here in Medway tonight folks- I just went out to get a pizza and visability was poor- Glad tomorrow is off- at least April will be warmer (I hope)
  • Options
    Light covering of snow up here on Shootershill.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Mixed feelings...hopefully when we get to play Cardiff we'll be in better form.[/quote]

What next season?

Nanny state is not the word so much bull around.
  • Options
    Amazing Brentford seem to still be playing and Bromley
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Amazing Brentford seem to still be playing and Bromley

The Bromley game has been called off
  • Options
    Nice day out there
  • Options
    Look at where you are in the League. And the way we are playing at the moment, to get a hammering would do nothing for your belief of staying up. And, of course Financially it could give you breathing space in your fight to stay u. All the Parachute payments you received for being in the Prem-has all disappeared. So facing the mighty Bluebirds, and to lose would put you in further difficulties. I know yourChairman and Manager have put some distance between a Team which is quality to give the side some chance of gaining some points,before facing us.

Agree???
  • Options
    Sorry, can you go through that again so it makes any sense at all
  • Options
    We are undefeated at home in February and will still be so after this afternoons matches.

Come on you Reds!!:-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]We are undefeated at home in February and will still be so after this afternoons matches.

Come on you Reds!!:-)

Very true.

Lucky let off for Cardiff or Welsh conspiracy to stop an English side stay up.

I think the latter.

Isn't D'urso a Welsh name. Doesn't snow come from Wales ie Mount Snowdon? It all fits together.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Amazing Brentford seem to still be playing and Bromley
    But we only had 2 or 3 inches of snow over here, so it's not comparable.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Mixed feelings...hopefully when we get to play Cardiff we'll be in better form.[/quote]

???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bluebird[/cite]Look at where you are in the League. And the way we are playing at the moment, to get a hammering would do nothing for your belief of staying up. And, of course Financially it could give you breathing space in your fight to stay u. All the Parachute payments you received for being in the Prem-has all disappeared. So facing the mighty Bluebirds, and to lose would put you in further difficulties. I know yourChairman and Manager have put some distance between a Team which is quality to give the side some chance of gaining some points,before facing us.

Agree???

Makes no sense, suggest you bore off.
  • Options
    Called off due to slightly damp pavements....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pickwick[/cite]Called off due to slightly damp pavements....

... and a light chill in the air!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bluebird[/cite]Look at where you are in the League. And the way we are playing at the moment, to get a hammering would do nothing for your belief of staying up. And, of course Financially it could give you breathing space in your fight to stay u. All the Parachute payments you received for being in the Prem-has all disappeared. So facing the mighty Bluebirds, and to lose would put you in further difficulties. I know yourChairman and Manager have put some distance between a Team which is quality to give the side some chance of gaining some points,before facing us.

Agree???

Maybe when you lot stop talking with that silly accent and start leaving the sheep alone, we might listen to what you have got to say.

In the meantime, stick to your side of the Severn.
  • Options

Agree???

You don't even live in a real country mate.
  • Options
    All very quick to get defensive but no real answers to any of the points brought up!!!
  • Options
    To be honest fella, nobody knows what the fuck you're talking about.

If you're trying to suggest we're frightend of playing you then that's just not true. We're more than happy to lose to anyone just now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can't 'answer' a 'point'. What you mean to say is 'question'. Or, to put it in a way you might be able to understand:

Youw cwarndd wnserr a 'punt'. Watt y mn to sy ys 'chwestiyon', isnt it?
  • Options
    "bluebird"

Have you got a question ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bluebird[/cite]All very quick to get defensive but no real answers to any of the points brought up!!!

Can - you - please - explain - in - words - of - one - syllable - what - on - earth - you - are - talking - about.
  • Options
    Basically I feel there is no justified reason why the game has been called off!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bluebird[/cite]Basically I feel there is no justified reason why the game has been called off!

So how is that our fault?

Anyway, it's all academic now.
  • Options
    Agree that the game should not have been called off but that is the ref's errors not ours.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bluebird[/cite]Basically I feel there is no justified reason why the game has been called off!

Taken from the OS "While the pitch inspection was taking place, Cardiff also reported that they were struggling to travel to The Valley for the game following heavy snowfall in Wales that has caused significant disruption, including the closure of the Severn Bridge".

Perhaps you'd better take it up with your club as well for it would seem that everyone is conspiring against you.
  • Options

There's no justified reason why people interfere with farm animals, but they do...
  • Options
    Don't think the news of the postponement reached everyone.

I saw a couple of blokes - one in a red and white scarf - getting off a train at Charlton at about 1.50pm and heading off in the direction of Floyd Road.

There was a father and his young son going the same way about half an hour later.
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    From the OS

"Meanwhile, following criticism of the decision of The Football League to postpone last weekend's Championship clash against the Bluebirds, the club has released a photograph taken of the Valley pitch at 11.30am on Saturday.

Following advice from referee Andy D'Urso after a pitch inspection on Friday morning, the league called the game off in the belief that the already heavily waterlogged pitch would become icy due to the freezing temperatures expected overnight.

And Charlton operations director Mick Everitt said: "Although Saturday turned out to be quite a sunny day, the damage was done overnight. The pitch was still under snow, much of which had turned to ice. Had a referee carried out a pitch inspection on Saturday the game would definitely have been called off, so the fact it was postponed 24 hours earlier proved to be the correct decision."

But Mick, it was sunny in Swanley : - )