Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

زعبيل‎ +++ Charlton - Dubai take-over (from 2008) +++ زعبيل‎

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Vertex law tho... not exactly Slaughter and May or Allen & overy is it?

Can't say too much but Zabeel are one of our clients
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Vertex law tho... not exactly Slaughter and May or Allen & overy is it?

How is your sandwich round going Medders?

• From that photo, looks like the stress is getting to Derek Chappell...rough or what?!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]

Did anybody see Richard Murray last night? Did he look particularly stressed or happy? Although any stressed looks were probably more down to the performance on the pitch![/quote]

Derek Chappell and Martin Simons were deep in conversation outside main reception at about 7.15 last night, both looking quite relaxed. Martin is, of course, now obliged to smoke his pre-match cigar outside due to the no-smoking law!
  • [cite]Posted By: Solaraddick[/cite]Martin is, of course, now obliged to smoke his pre-match cigar outside due to the no-smoking law!

No joined by Richard Murray for his customary pre-match cigarette then?
  • [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Solaraddick[/cite]Martin is, of course, now obliged to smoke his pre-match cigar outside due to the no-smoking law!

No joined by Richard Murray for his customary pre-match cigarette then?

Naah, he was sharing a huge waterpipe with some fella in dishdash...;)
  • Mate of mine said he was listening to a Kent radio discussion about takeover and they were suggesting that if it went ahead there would not be an immediate massive cash injection but more of a drip drip. Not sure how they would know that. Not exactly what many of us expected if true.
  • [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Vertex law tho... not exactly Slaughter and May or Allen & overy is it?

How is your sandwich round going Medders?

Very well mate. Be even better if I could resist eating most of them myself ;-)
  • edited October 2008
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Mate of mine said he was listening to a Kent radio discussion about takeover and they were suggesting that if it went ahead there would not be an immediate massive cash injection but more of a drip drip. Not sure how they would know that. Not exactly what many of us expected if true.

A drip drip is exactly what i and a few more of us expect. We're not going to do a chelsea or a Man City.

EDIT

WE ARE DEFINITELY NOT GOING TO DO A MAN CITY OR A CHELSEA IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.
  • Sponsored links:

• http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/dubai-investment-group-ends-talks/story.aspx?guid=%7B5CB48667-9304-422F-A9D8-25DAB6C18EAF%7D&dist=msr_1
  • 'trophy assets like Charlton' ... blimey, we've never been described like that before lol
  • How VERY interesting...good find...... thanks cb.
  • I was reading the other day that subscriptions for sky sports are down nearly 60% and setanta sports was riddled with debt even before the credit crunch!

A clear sign that the world of football is about to fall flat on it's ar$e.

Time to sit tight and hang in there.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]I was reading the other day that subscriptions for sky sports are down nearly 60% and setanta sports was riddled with debt even before the credit crunch!

Not surprised. Sky Sports is now £18 a month... for a handful of channels. It's the first 'luxury' item to go when things get tight.
  • Setanta have been in trouble for a while, there full paying subscriber base is wafer thin and about 400k below target, most people receive it for free and it's potentially over paid for it's content.

My bet would be it'll taken over by Disney, or just lose packages to Disney/ESPN.
  • [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Not surprised. Sky Sports is now £18 a month... for a handful of channels. It's the first 'luxury' item to go when things get tight.
    The missus will go before Sky!
  • Niether show Charlton that often, I might have a go at the free sat HD and ditch sky.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Not surprised. Sky Sports is now £18 a month... for a handful of channels. It's the first 'luxury' item to go when things get tight.
    The missus will go before Sky!

My missus brought the ' get rid of sky ' topic up the other day.

"There's hundreds of channels" she said " but nothing i can really get into"

Wardrobe and clothes sprang to mind,but i bit my lip.
  • edited October 2008
    we've just done it - they only do Charlton home games anyway, and if you go to the movies often you will have seen all the sky movies, which leaves movies on demand.

To top that they still charge for HD and per box, even if you have multi room.

So we even scrubbed multiroom, and just have freeview in other rooms.

You can get Freeview sky plus type devices, plus when Freesat bring out an HD sky plus device they will be totally knackered - you can use existing box for freesat except you won't have sky plus or ITV HD.

All things to mention when beating sky down!
  • PS incidentally i think the guy I saw at Cardiff with RM was middle guy in photo in this thread way back
  • edited October 2008
    Interesting to see an article about the uncertainty in Middle-east economies on the front page of the business section of the Globe & Mail (which bills itself as "Canada's National Newspaper", which to be fair it probably is.)

Anyway, the lead-in to the larger story is the withdrawal from the purchase of Charlton Athletic by Zabeel Investments!

null

Edit: wrong link...
  • Yeah I saw this today CA - I loved the way we were referred to as a "Trophy" Asset....
  • Yes, wasn't that funny? The other thing that jumped out at me was yet another debt figure for the club.
  • hate to burst your bubble but I think any football club would be described thus..
  • It could have been worse... these guys could have bought us and taken us to financial ruin.

At least Roland and Kat want stability and growth,
  • It was Zabeel that went bust right?