Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Couldn't agree more.

What about white people eating Indian, Chinese, Thai food, does that break the rules.
  • Circular process maps....
  • iaitch said:

AWESOME now fucking creeping into our language FFS.

Awesome is the new amazing.
    Another one are we obsessed with everything American?
    American is technically British, they made sure they stamped almost all of the American out of the lands.

Awesome is an English word meaning something you are in awe of. It's hardly a negative thing for people to be so positive.
  • 'Team' - when you go to certain shops, you walk in, and there is a sign up, 'Terry the Toady and the Team welcome you to Shitmart, enjoy our unique shopping experience'. You are not, have never been and never will be a team, you're just a bunch of non-achievers who happen to work in the same khazi.
  • edited May 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

iaitch said:

AWESOME now fucking creeping into our language FFS.

Awesome is the new amazing.
    Another one are we obsessed with everything American?
    American is technically British, they made sure they stamped almost all of the American out of the lands.

Awesome is an English word meaning something you are in awe of. It's hardly a negative thing for people to be so positive.
    Sorry Dazzler but I don’t need an English lesson or a dictionary description I know what it means.

But it isn’t a word I’ve heard, if ever, used by british people in the way the Americans use it, every other word seems to be F ing AWESOME.

It may be as @iaitch says now being used to replace the over used AMAZING!
  • Carling (Black Label) beer, how the eff is that the best selling beer in England?

Common own up, who drinks that stuff?
  • PopIcon said:

Carling (Black Label) beer, how the eff is that the best selling beer in England?

My little pony
  • PopIcon said:

Carling (Black Label) beer, how the eff is that the best selling beer in England?

Used to love Carling Premier
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

Me to. Could drink pints upon pints of that stuff.
  • PopIcon said:

Me to. Could drink pints upon pints of that stuff.
    The last place that I knew who still served it was Charlton Cons.

Use to get on that with me brother in The Princess of Whales up Blackheath on a Friday afternoon. The perfect was to start the weekend.

Loved Caffreys an all back then, which I thought was similar, but I'm not sure they still do it. I was told by a landlord once that pubs have to put in special lines for it, so don't bother. Maybe @Riviera may know more
  • Greenie said:

'Team' - when you go to certain shops, you walk in, and there is a sign up, 'Terry the Toady and the Team welcome you to Shitmart, enjoy our unique shopping experience'. You are not, have never been and never will be a team, you're just a bunch of non-achievers who happen to work in the same khazi.

You’re obsessed with those Apple shops you are...
  • edited May 2018
    PopIcon said:

Only in a crappy pub where the choice was Carling, Stella, and John Smith's. And I was underage.

The 90s were overrated, boozewise. Quantiy over quality
  • edited May 2018
    LenGlover said:

The title of this thread.

All the examples are SPECIFIC things that annoy you...

Good point Len. But there must be some "general" things on here. Obviously we are all annoyed by Roland and Katrien "specifically", rather than Belgian people "generally". Conversely, I'm annoyed by Crystal Palace supporters "in general", rather than Eddie Izzard and Kevin Day "specifically".

Where does "general" become "specific"?
  • edited May 2018
    MrLargo said:

LenGlover said:

The title of this thread.

All the examples are SPECIFIC things that annoy you...

Good point Len. But there must be some "general" things on here. Obviously we are all annoyed by Roland and Katrien "specifically", rather than Belgian people "generally". Conversely, I'm annoyed by Crystal Palace supporters "in general", rather than Eddie Izzard and Kevin Day "specifically".

Where does "general" become "specific"?
    When Chirpy says so... :wink::lol:
  • A fecking random idiot wanting to buy Valli from me in the street, telling him "She's not for sale" he offered 20k. He'd probably never seen 20k, I told him to go away, sell his house and his car and it still wouldn't be enough. Sickeningly today is 2 years to the day JJ's mums second and last litter were stolen from Essex and never seen again despite a 50k reward. :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Surrey moneybags Cricket club
  • T_C_E said:

A fecking random idiot wanting to buy Valli from me in the street, telling him "She's not for sale" he offered 20k. He'd probably never seen 20k, I told him to go away, sell his house and his car and it still wouldn't be enough. Sickeningly today is 2 years to the day JJ's mums second and last litter were stolen from Essex and never seen again despite a 50k reward. :(

Maybe they mistook you for Roland and wanted to buy THE Valley? - Didnt start with g'day did they?
  • T_C_E said:

A fecking random idiot wanting to buy Valli from me in the street, telling him "She's not for sale" he offered 20k. He'd probably never seen 20k, I told him to go away, sell his house and his car and it still wouldn't be enough. Sickeningly today is 2 years to the day JJ's mums second and last litter were stolen from Essex and never seen again despite a 50k reward. :(

You could get some decent clothes with £20k mate.
    I have know, I'm known as the "Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen of Minster" in some of the care homes I visit. ;)
  • Amy Schumer, unfunny joke thieving twat.
  • buckshee said:

Amy Schumer, unfunny joke thieving twat.

I had to Google her and I'm still none the wiser. Has she been stealing your jokes?
  • Surrey moneybags Cricket club

:)
  • T_C_E said:

T_C_E said:

You could get some decent clothes with £20k mate.
    I have know, I'm known as the "Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen of Minster" in some of the care homes I visit. ;)
    What you like a loading shotguns, @T.C.E ? You could be my loader on the shooting line in those plus 2's

; )
  • Didn’t even know you could buy matching socks and jumper to go with your plus fours.

Need to have a word with my gentlesman’s gentleman.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!