Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• When did they change the requirement to drive with dipped headlights in fog and mist?

I nearly turned mine off this morning as I felt as if I must be the one in the wrong given the numbers of other motorists with no lights.
  • LenGlover said:

When did they change the requirement to drive with dipped headlights in fog and mist?

I nearly turned mine off this morning as I felt as if I must be the one in the wrong given the numbers of other motorists with no lights.

Len, this does my nut in, why are there so many complete fools driving?
  • LenGlover said:

When did they change the requirement to drive with dipped headlights in fog and mist?

....and is it only me who thinks it always seems to be people in silver / grey motors who don't turn their lights on in fog or mist?
  • LenGlover said:

Surely you should have dipped and fogs on?
  • And how many leave fog lights on all day and all night.
    Particularly irritating if you are following them on a motorbike in the rain.....
  • All lights that are shining above a dipped position are a fudger in the rain on a motorbike.

So many people forget to adjust their beam height depending on the car load or to make sure they aren't aimed upwards following a bulb change.
  • First day of fog, oh joy.

Everyone puts fog lights on and then leaves them on all summer.
  • edited April 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

LenGlover said:

Surely you should have dipped and fogs on?
    Indeed, depending on the severity of the fog, but dipped alone would be nice as a starter.
  • PopIcon said:

Cyclists on road, jumping red rights and generally being morons. So many self righteous pricks on bikes.

Have you never seen a driver doing the same?
  • iainment said:

PopIcon said:

Cyclists on road, jumping red rights and generally being morons. So many self righteous pricks on bikes.

Yeah, but drivers are allowed as they pay road tax

• Sponsored links:

• Dealing with utter utter utter idiot's at work. The sort of person who knows absolutly nothing about the work you do but feels comfortable demanding a huge commission from your team in a completely unrealistic timescale. Then gets arsey and starts shouting when you explain that even if we were fully staffed and had no other work on this would usually take around 2-3 months not just under 2 weeks. And the fact is we are dealing with 5 other commissions all from far more senior people than them and feeding into much more important and demanding work. All while being 2 staff down and with no team leader - I'm in charge and I've been there less than a year.

I offer to work with them to help come up with a request that is more deliverable in the timeframe and may be enough to help inform their decision making along with some information that is already available.

She started shouting in her silly little Welsh accent and started swearing at me. So I did a henners and put her in ignore mode and carried on with other work. This further infuriated her and someone had to tell her to calm it and go away.

My workplace is the sort of place where shouting / swearing or even raising your voice never happens and is completely unacceptable. Everyone else seemed rather happy that something exciting had happened for once.

Fucking ruined my day though.
  • Dealing with utter utter utter idiot's at work. The sort of person who knows absolutly nothing about the work you do but feels comfortable demanding a huge commission from your team in a completely unrealistic timescale. Then gets arsey and starts shouting when you explain that even if we were fully staffed and had no other work on this would usually take around 2-3 months not just under 2 weeks. And the fact is we are dealing with 5 other commissions all from far more senior people than them and feeding into much more important and demanding work. All while being 2 staff down and with no team leader - I'm in charge and I've been there less than a year.

I offer to work with them to help come up with a request that is more deliverable in the timeframe and may be enough to help inform their decision making along with some information that is already available.

She started shouting in her silly little Welsh accent and started swearing at me. So I did a henners and put her in ignore mode and carried on with other work. This further infuriated her and someone had to tell her to calm it and go away.

My workplace is the sort of place where shouting / swearing or even raising your voice never happens and is completely unacceptable. Everyone else seemed rather happy that something exciting had happened for once.

Sounds to me like you’re not pulling your weight.

Sounds to me like you’re not pulling your weight.
    Wasn't expecting that! Ohh wait I was.....

Dealing with utter utter utter idiot's at work. The sort of person who knows absolutly nothing about the work you do but feels comfortable demanding a huge commission from your team in a completely unrealistic timescale. Then gets arsey and starts shouting when you explain that even if we were fully staffed and had no other work on this would usually take around 2-3 months not just under 2 weeks. And the fact is we are dealing with 5 other commissions all from far more senior people than them and feeding into much more important and demanding work. All while being 2 staff down and with no team leader - I'm in charge and I've been there less than a year.

racist

You should always look to take a positive and at least it's some sort of preparation for married life :smile:

You should always look to take a positive and at least it's some sort of preparation for married life :smile:
    Ignoring someone while they're shouting at you. Sounds like most married couples I know.
  • People who leave rubbish in shopping trolleys
  • I'm actually really looking forward to Monday morning and her coming grovelling to me apologising for getting angry and begging me to do something for her otherwise she will have to go to her superiors with nothing. Think im gonna tell her no for a few days then last min give her just enough to keep her in a job but not enough to stop her getting a bollocking.
  • I'm actually really looking forward to Monday morning and her coming grovelling to me apologising for getting angry and begging me to do something for her otherwise she will have to go to her superiors with nothing. Think im gonna tell her no for a few days then last min give her just enough to keep her in a job but not enough to stop her getting a bollocking.

Call in sick mate, she’ll shit herself
  • The final episode of Marcella last night.

Fucking ridiculous.

F*****g awful ending. Pity, it had been good up until then.
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:

I'm actually really looking forward to Monday morning and her coming grovelling to me apologising for getting angry and begging me to do something for her otherwise she will have to go to her superiors with nothing. Think im gonna tell her no for a few days then last min give her just enough to keep her in a job but not enough to stop her getting a bollocking.

Go for the moral high ground. Play the long game.

Report her.
    Bonus points if you can intimate that her swearing was
    a, racist, anti English based abuse or
    b, sexist - did she call you a prick, a dick a knob or stare at your gentleman's area whilst swearing?
    Go for it Canters - it's the only language people like that will understand.
    Plus you'll be the office hero cos if she is horrible to you she is horrible to everyone!
  • The final episode of Marcella last night.

Fucking ridiculous.

F*****g awful ending. Pity, it had been good up until then.
    Agreed, the missus made me watch it and whereas she usually likes drivel I found this all pretty interesting, thinking how good it was to be different and then they fucked it right up and went all Marvel comics at the end.
    I hope the girl from Brookside walks away from the job before seeing the script for the next series but I am afraid the promise of some super-powers may intrigue her......
  • That the takeover thread has overtaken the number of pages than this great thread, keep posting your annoyances and it retake the lead in the great page race.
  • People who use the phrase “Living the dream”.
  • Macronate said:

People who use the phrase “Living the dream”.

You're life not so good then? :-)

Better get your finger out.
  • Macronate said:

@_nam11
  • Macronate said:

@_nam11
    Apologies for annoying you. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!