Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Talk jocks who heap praise on themselves.

Jo Good for example. She finds it impossible to read out a listener’s message without including, ‘Hi Jo, love the show / loving the show / Great show as usual’.

I mean, it’s not even a show is it? There are no singers, comedians, musicians, or dancing girls, it’s just a bit of old chit chat.
  • LenGlover said:

Other people having different standards of behaviour and consideration for others in public places to me.

Very hard to teach your grandchildren to behave properly when they see other children being allowed to do what the hell they like to the annoyance of others without any input whatsoever from whoever is meant to be looking after them.

I guess in this day and age trying to teach children manners and respect is defined as child abuse and I am the one in the wrong.

You're not alone... This pisses me right off. Just tell your kids off when they're not behaving FFS! It's not hard!
  • LenGlover said:

Other people having different standards of behaviour and consideration for others in public places to me.

Very hard to teach your grandchildren to behave properly when they see other children being allowed to do what the hell they like to the annoyance of others without any input whatsoever from whoever is meant to be looking after them.

I guess in this day and age trying to teach children manners and respect is defined as child abuse and I am the one in the wrong.

Nah, the good parents are still the majority. The bad ones just stick out. And really, really annoying me.
  • MrLargo said:

The widespread misconception, within the world of greasy spoons, that a bacon roll should contain one rasher and a bacon sandwich should contain two rashers, because that is sufficient to visually cover the full expanse of the bread.

In order for a bacon roll to taste like a bacon roll, rather than a doughy, dry lump of bread that once spent some time near a piece of bacon, 2 rashers should be used. For a bacon sandwich, the correct bacon ration is 3 rashers per 2 slices of bread.

Obviously if you are using the above as a guideline for bacon/bread preparation in the home, the above should be considered as a minimum acceptable quotient, with no upper limit on the bacon to bread ratio.

• Streaky or back? Smoked or unsmoked?
  • When something small is broken on the system that you need to fix at work, has been baffling you for a while and you cant work out why or how to correct

Only to suddenly realise the answer is right in front of you, and that it isnt broken!!
  • IdleHans said:

Streaky or back? Smoked or unsmoked?

Smoked, back personally
  • commonwealth games commentary, see also paralympic commentary, where they tell me an event is the T37, T38 class etc. What use is that info to anyone? tell me what the disability is so I know what I'm watching
  • Sponsored links:

• Jackets with stitched-up non-functioning pockets

Called a jumper aint it?

Are you sure they’re not just tacked? Usually you can remove the stitching to find a perfectly useable pocket.

Are you sure they’re not just tacked? Usually you can remove the stitching to find a perfectly useable pocket.
    Yeh, I've had ones like that but no not in this case!
  • Posters who dominate threads, spouting ignorant nonsense (again).

Name names
  • How much I fricking swear..
  • ross1 said:

Posters who dominate threads, spouting ignorant nonsense (again).

Name names
    It's not you :smile:
  • The transgender woman that's competing at the commentwealth games that last time round competed as a man.

C'mon be fair... I do try to change up the Match Previews occasionally
  • Sponsored links:

• buckshee said:

The transgender woman that's competing at the commentwealth games that last time round competed as a man.

Didn't exactly work out well for her did it.
  • On A Place in The Sun, the reporter tells the people to go and have another look round, then starts whispering at the the camera "I think they like this place blah......" and the couple are still stood in earshot
  • On A Place in The Sun, the reporter tells the people to go and have another look round, then starts whispering at the the camera "I think they like this place blah......" and the couple are still stood in earshot

On A Place in The Sun, the reporter tells the people to go and have another look round, then starts whispering at the the camera "I think they like this place blah......" and the couple are still stood in earshot

What annoys me with that show is the amount of time the couples decide that they want to rethink their plans, or some other lame excuse, and dont buy a place, they have a week away for free the scrounging buggers, FFS. Part of the deal when you sign up is that they must buy one of the properties.
  • edited April 2018
    the hypocrisy on this forum.
  • the hypocrisy on this forum.

Name names
  • The fact that agnostics and atheists like myself say "Jesus" as a throw away line.
    Why not Daniels, Copperfield or Dynamo.
    (Other slight of hand artists are available)
  • Cyclists on road, jumping red rights and generally being morons. So many self righteous pricks on bikes.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!