Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Probably been mentioned before but my current hatred is mainly reserved for plastic squeezy sauce/ mustard bottles....

Squeeze a bit........ nothing

Bit harder.......... nothing

Harder still......... nothing

Bit harder.......... nothing

Tiniest bit harder........... an eruption of bright yellow watery muck flies out of the end and covers everything within a 10ft radius, including me, my clothes, my kitchen and my now ruined dinner..........

I’ve had the same problem but not with sauce bottles.
    I can vaguely remember those days, now all i get is a tiny puff of baby powder!!

• Walking into a pub and they have NBA on. Having to ask to move it to the racing then I get we can't do that due to animal cruelty. Don't worry about the cruelty it gives me to have to look at the most shitest game ever know to man. Gawd I hate Camden. Used to be a bearable place 10 years ago. Turned into a right tourists trap.
  • My wife asking me to pick our daughter up by 17:15. Got to the school, went to the after school club only to be told she wasn’t there. Panicked, then realised she goes to a friends house on Tuesday and had a mad rush to get there on time.
  • edited March 2018

Walking into a pub and they have NBA on. Having to ask to move it to the racing then I get we can't do that due to animal cruelty. Don't worry about the cruelty it gives me to have to look at the most shitest game ever know to man. Gawd I hate Camden. Used to be a bearable place 10 years ago. Turned into a right tourists trap.

What pub?
  • Must be hard to ‘switch off’ from a job like that. Hopefully the good she is doing outweighs the shit she endures.
  • edited March 2018
    MrOneLung said:

Must be hard to ‘switch off’ from a job like that. Hopefully the good she is doing outweighs the shit she endures.

Very hard. There are positive outcomes but it feels like there are 10 bad for every 1 positive.

Thankfully her current role with adoption is relatively stress free compared to the previous 7 years with looked after children.
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

Blimey, that is tough Organiser. It always annoy me when there are people in cushy jobs getting paid oodles and saying it's because they've got a lot of responsibility and yet some of the most responsible positions in society are the ones that pay a pittance. We should all be grateful that people like your wife are prepared to do these things. I hope you can have some quality time together soon.

Indeed - I could not do it in a million years. I’d not have the skill, patience or level of empathy required. I salute anyone in jobs of this nature.
    Got a mate who recruits for social work, and he's heard all the stories. Not told me any, as you'd expect, but when he says I don't want to know I know he means it. Underpaid and overworked for sure. Underappreciated? Not by anyone who knows them.
  • Okay not general per se, but..... being the husband of a social worker.

As if the job is not already all-consuming, intense and stressful at the best of times, the last week has seen the adopter my wife was supporting tragically commit suicide, consuming her with un-justified guilt, she’s now been gone since 6am this morning and now at 11pm is still sat in a London police station waiting to sit in on a police interview of a child who has attacked the police and his own social worker today, when it’s not even her case and has missed a family birthday meal tonight in the process. Then she needs to drive back to Maidstone after all that.

Tomorrow she is off to Belmarsh to update a delightful character about his neglected child, where she will no doubt be abused as is the norm and then into a stressful court situation Friday to give evidence.

She’s paid relative pittance and there’s nothing I can do to help!!! And tomorrow I’ll have to listen to colleagues moaning about their job when they really don’t know how easy we have it in the great scheme of things!

Rant over.......you’d never guess Charlton lost lol.

People like your wife do a wonderful job,they see & hear things we probably only read about. I totally agree with other comments about being paid less than paper shufflers. As an afterthought I hope she gets home early enough to cook your steak for dinner.
  • edited March 2018
    The fact I've got to go and pick up my Cat from the vet after work today.

Looking forward to having him home, yet for the last week the roads have been lovely and clear ... Tonight though its going to be hell thanks to a broken down Lorry on the QEII Bridge which has turned the M25 into a nightmare.

Swear my cat has orchestrated the whole thing, he's a crafty little bugger so wouldnt surprise me!!
  • Roadworks have shut a stretch of road. About 10/15 yards is shut. But the detour is 3 miles.
    Made worse by the fact it’s about 50 yards from my house so I feel like I’m so near, yet so far from home each time I get there.
  • The fact I've got to go and pick up my Cat from the vet after work today.

Looking forward to having him home, yet for the last week the roads have been lovely and clear ... Tonight though its going to be hell thanks to a broken down Lorry on the QEII Bridge which has turned the M25 into a nightmare.

Swear my cat has orchestrated the whole thing, he's a crafty little bugger so wouldnt surprise me!!

That’s what you get for keeping wild animals in captivity
  • The fact I've got to go and pick up my Cat from the vet after work today.

Don’t forget that before the birth of your child, that cat was your first priority.

Now he realises that’s he fallen down the pecking order, he’ll do as much as he can to disrupt your life.

Cats are like that!
  • Roadworks have shut a stretch of road. About 10/15 yards is shut. But the detour is 3 miles.
    Made worse by the fact it’s about 50 yards from my house so I feel like I’m so near, yet so far from home each time I get there.

Park and walk 50 yards?
  • MrOneLung said:

Roadworks have shut a stretch of road. About 10/15 yards is shut. But the detour is 3 miles.

Park and walk 50 yards?
    Can't park anywhere along the main road. Not really the end of the world. It's only 3/4 minutes after all. Just enough to annoy me.
  • Sponsored links:

• My own stupidity: I read the time on my train ticket wrong and sat around for an hour in a Preston pub when I didn't need to.

Still, at least I've had an hour in the pub.
  • The month of March. I know spring doesn’t technically start until the 20th March but this pissing weather is just boring me now. I think I remember it being quite cold in March in 2013 as well. I have a feeling that the seasons are going to really start to shift in future years and we’re gonna only start to get mild weather from May onwards, through to November. Which is agitating because when it’s been dark since October, feels like winter is just dragging
  • cabbles said:

The month of March. I know spring doesn’t technically start until the 20th March but this pissing weather is just boring me now. I think I remember it being quite cold in March in 2013 as well. I have a feeling that the seasons are going to really start to shift in future years and we’re gonna only start to get mild weather from May onwards, through to November. Which is agitating because when it’s been dark since October, feels like winter is just dragging

Cheer up @cabels daylight hours are galloping along by nearly 4 minutes a day at present - and the clocks go forward on the 25th.

Good website here with data on sunrise and sunset times. Also useful for travellers interested in the daylight hours they can expect at different locations.

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/uk/london
  • edited March 2018
    Being in work on my birthday.

Roland not having sold yet on my birthday.

Did I mention it was my birthday?
  • People who mention it's their birthday...
  • Being in work on my birthday.

Roland not having sold yet on my birthday.

Did I mention it was my birthday?

let me know when and where you have your card behind the bar and I'll come say happy birthday.
  • Talal said:

People who mention it's their birthday...

yeah, desperately wanting someone to start a 'Happy Birthday Canters. Kisses xxx' thread on here so we can all send our birthday wishes to him and for him to say 'ah shucks guys, cant believed you remembered.'
    well im not doing it.

• Talal said:

People who mention it's their birthday...

yeah, desperately wanting someone to start a 'Happy Birthday Canters. Kisses xxx' thread on here so we can all send our birthday wishes to him and for him to say 'ah shucks guys, cant believed you remembered.'
    well im not doing it.

guilt is a hell of a thing
  • When the bath isn't rinsed after the kids have a bubble bath, so when I have a shower in the morning it's a deathtrap. Nearly did the splits this morning
  • It’s my son’s birthday as well @cantersaddick
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!