Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Fiiish said:

The BBC thinking that YouTube drama is worthy of headline news.

Week old drama at that.
  • Options

"President Oprah" pmsl

Luke Skywalker for Secretary of State.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I know our politics are far from ideal; arguably it's a shitshow from every side... but I'm quite glad we've not yet fallen for the trap of celebrities masquerading as politicians.

It's a bit embarrassing that some of the ones who are welcoming in the possibility of a President Oprah, are quite likely to have been the one underling Trump's lack of political experience. No one likes politicians, I get that - but some jobs require political experience... like being the leading politician of a country.

Henceforth, I have a suggestion for America. How about a nice simple rule? "A guest appearance in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air may not be the ideal set of credentials for becoming president."... Just sayin'.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

I know our politics are far from ideal; arguably it's a shitshow from every side... but I'm quite glad we've not yet fallen for the trap of celebrities masquerading as politicians.

It's a bit embarrassing that some of the ones who are welcoming in the possibility of a President Oprah, are quite likely to have been the one underling Trump's lack of political experience. No one likes politicians, I get that - but some jobs require political experience... like being the leading politician of a country.

Henceforth, I have a suggestion for America. How about a nice simple rule? "A guest appearance in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air may not be the ideal set of credentials for becoming president."... Just sayin'.

Whilst I would be dubious about Pres Oprah, I suspect that Trump's lack of political experience was a long, long way down the list of reasons why most people thought he was a rum choice for the position...
  • Options
    edited January 2018

LuckyReds said:

Whilst I would be dubious about Pres Oprah, I suspect that Trump's lack of political experience was a long, long way down the list of reasons why most people thought he was a rum choice for the position...
    I agree. Undoubtedly there was a whole range of reasons, but I just can't help but feel that there's a lot of hypocrisy when it comes to discussing political candidates and individuals.

As you quite correctly point out - there's many reasons why you can criticise the man - in which case, do you need to pick reasons that you wouldn't call your own favoured candidate out on? I often feel that the dogpiling on smaller issues - whilst hypocritical - often conveniently drags attention from the larger ones.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

I agree. Undoubtedly there was a whole range of reasons, but I just can't help but feel that there's a lot of hypocrisy when it comes to discussing political candidates and individuals.

As you quite correctly point out - there's many reasons why you can criticise the man - in which case, do you need to pick reasons that you wouldn't call your own favoured candidate out on? I often feel that the dogpiling on smaller issues - whilst hypocritical - often conveniently drags attention from the larger ones.
    In the case of Trump there is absolutely nothing whatsoever that I can think of that is a redeeming feature in either his personality, his attitude towards human beings or his political views, be they small, medium or large issues. I don't know anything about Oprah's politics, and like you hope that we (well, they) don't have to resort to personality politics to oust the orange one...
  • Options
    Talking of Trump. The bloke banging on and on and on about false news, and then when he cancels his trip to open the new US embassy, he lies about the reason. He claims that it's because he didn't agree with Obama's decision to move it. When it was actually a decision made under the Bush administration.
  • Options
    For me it weren't just the "President Operah" thing, but the whole night. From the stars, including the two main victims of HW, turning up on the red carpet and posing / smiling / pouting for pictures, in their $10k black deaigner dresses, before going in to drink Moet champagne.

Yeah, great statement guys.....
  • Options

For me it weren't just the "President Operah" thing, but the whole night. From the stars, including the two main victims of HW, turning up on the red carpet and posing / smiling / pouting for pictures, in their $10k black deaigner dresses, before going in to drink Moet champagne.

So once you have been sexually abused you are not allowed to carry on with your life as normally as possible then Rob?
  • Options

So once you have been sexually abused you are not allowed to carry on with your life as normally as possible then Rob?
    Here we go
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018

Talking of Trump. The bloke banging on and on and on about false news, and then when he cancels his trip to open the new US embassy, he lies about the reason. He claims that it's because he didn't agree with Obama's decision to move it. When it was actually a decision made under the Bush administration.

Yeah, that's a real headscratcher.

I find it quite difficult to believe that he wasn't given details of why the US embassy had moved, especially if he was expected to cut the ribbon on it. Not to mention - it's actually a quality location for an embassy IMO. Considering he referred to it as "off location", as a Londoner I'd suggest it's more suitable, closer to the heart of government, and comes with a few security advantages too.

It's just along the river from the heart of UK Government, and it has excellent transport links. Not to mention that as a purpose built building on the same road as the MI6 building, it's going to have superb security. (I was actually moderately surprised that - ally or not - an embassy could be placed so close to the SIS building.)
  • Options
    People having a "meeting" chatting absolute drivel in the quiet / rest / break out room at work. It's happening now - I may turn into Michael Douglas in Falling Down
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Not a dig at you Dennis, as I refer to these rooms by the same name... but "break out room".

What the f*ck are we breaking out from? It's nearly as infuriating as the people you mention - I don't want to hear b*llocks whilst I'm trying to eat my sarnie, or browse the news with a cup of coffee.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Gender assumptions...

If you have a winky you're male.

If you have a fanny you're a female.

If you've got both... You're a hermaphrodite... Which I guess means you're both not one or the other.

If you feel you were born in the wrong body that's fine, just don't expect me to pretend you're not what you were biologically born as. This in no way means you can't dress in women's clothes in my opinion or have a sex change.

Those things just don't change your biology.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Not a dig at you Dennis, as I refer to these rooms by the same name... but "break out room".

What the f*ck are we breaking out from? It's nearly as infuriating as the people you mention - I don't want to hear b*llocks whilst I'm trying to eat my sarnie, or browse the news with a cup of coffee.

No problem, it is a room designed for total quiet, a job with constant noise / chat so you do need a sanctuary for total quiet. By definition the fact they are talking in here shows it a crap " meeting" that isn't really talking about anything important.
  • Options

Here we go
    Great answer. You've convinced me... :lol:
  • Options
    Its not my job to convince
  • Options

Its not my job to convince

In which case you have again exceeded the boundaries of your job description...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The dappy tart who spent 5 minutes stirring her cup a soup (not even an exaggeration) standing in front of the fridge and several people having to ask her to move in order to get the milk and then again to put the milk back in the fridge. Why not just move 2 feet to the left instead of clearly getting in everyone's way? Daft.
  • Options
    When you start typing a post with one intent and go off on an incredible journey to find that you forgot what you were posting about anyway... so you share it anyway, then remember ah yes... it was a complete wasted post!
  • Options
    Also ordering an item off Amazon and told it should arrive within 3 days. 5 days later check and they have revised the estimate significantly. Dispatched 10th Jan, expected delivery 9th Feb? Is it being delivered by a heavily drugged sloth?
  • Options

In The Night Garden insulting my intelligence. The Ninkynonk is 6 inches high and Igglepiggle is 2 feet high, no way can he get inside for a ride, it's only just big enough for the Pontipines.

Oh yes he can. It's all a question of using your imagination. I'll defend Igglepiggle with my life!
  • Options
    Going to have my blood taken and being used as a pin cushion by one member of staff who, whilst being able to find plenty of veins, couldn't draw blood from any of them. Four times in different places she stuck a needle in before she gave up and passed me over to another lady who did it within 20 seconds.
  • Options

In The Night Garden insulting my intelligence. The Ninkynonk is 6 inches high and Igglepiggle is 2 feet high, no way can he get inside for a ride, it's only just big enough for the Pontipines.

Oh yes he can. It's all a question of using your imagination. I'll defend Igglepiggle with my life!
    Someone’s had some good acid......
  • Options

Uppsy Daisy, would ya?
  • Options

Uppsy Daisy, would ya?
    Certainly would not. The times I've picked that girl up when she's been thrown out of the buggy is nobody's business ;-)