Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    limeygent said:

cabbles said:

I hate business terminology at the best of times, but two phrases I’m hearing more and more recently that sicken me to the core

“I/we’re/we’ll keep our powder dry” and “getting my ducks in a row”

Fuck off

You obviously don't think outside of the box.
    That’s what I thought. We’re clearly on the same page here.
  • Options
    Run that by me again
  • Options
    Keep catching myself saying "golly gee" lately, really pisses me off.
  • Options
    LOL - sorry @Fiiish :wink:
  • Options
    It is what it is
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Also ordering an item off Amazon and told it should arrive within 3 days. 5 days later check and they have revised the estimate significantly. Dispatched 10th Jan, expected delivery 9th Feb? Is it being delivered by a heavily drugged sloth?

AKA - Iain Dowie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

RedPanda said:

We have 2 driveway spaces and on Sunday someone dumped a 2 year old Merc there which means my partner can't park her car at our house.

I'd love to slash a tyre or deface it but for all I know it's a drug dealer's or stolen and someone has stashed it there. Either way it's shady and I'm thoroughly pissed off with it! I've just reported it to the council (it is taxed) but for all I know it could be weeks before they come. I f'n hate how selfish, thoughtless and self entitled 'people' like that are.

Reminds me of a similar situation I've got going on.

About 6 months ago a woman began parking in one of our 3 spaces in the drive. I live in a block of 3 flats; one neighbour knows nothing about the car, and the other flat has actually traded hands in the time this woman has been using the space. She's parked there around 8-7 everyday, other than Sundays, suggesting she's going to work somewhere nearby..

Her car is a bit beaten up (despite being relatively new), so I don't particularly trust her.. not to mention she's nearly ran me over twice in the past month. When she's reversing out there's no stopping her.

I initially thought "Nah, she's not going to be ballsy enough to pull in to someones drive to nick their parking spot".. I believe I'm now wrong.
    Are your three spaces next to each other?

Yeah, they are indeed. At a 90 degree angle to the drive itself which runs along the side of the property.
    Mate, this wouldn't be on a message board. Only one way to deal with people like this and that's direct action. confront her and tell her to fuck right off

The motor on a drive would have been shifted too, don't worry about comebacks, that has been dumped.

Don't waste your time shitting on it, phone the old bill and they will take it away I promise you
    But the police are all scum according to many on here, until they're needed anyway... Which is a general thing in the UK that annoys me!
  • Options
    Clients who think WhatsApp is an acceptable means of contact
  • Options

RedPanda said:

We have 2 driveway spaces and on Sunday someone dumped a 2 year old Merc there which means my partner can't park her car at our house.

I'd love to slash a tyre or deface it but for all I know it's a drug dealer's or stolen and someone has stashed it there. Either way it's shady and I'm thoroughly pissed off with it! I've just reported it to the council (it is taxed) but for all I know it could be weeks before they come. I f'n hate how selfish, thoughtless and self entitled 'people' like that are.

If it is on your drive then ignore all this private clamping bollox, put the window through, handbrake off and move it onto the road. If you find any cash in there, keep it and if you find drugs PM me.

Once it's in the middle of the road call the council and the will get it moved a lot quicker now it's on a public highway.

My thoughts exactly. If its only 2 years old it must be worth quite a bit. I'd assume that its been stolen & then dumped. Take it for a joyride or use it until it is claimed.
    Why would car thieves considerately park a car in a driveway, they’d just dump it anywhere and walk away

@RedPanda do you live near an airport?
  • Options
    Putting gloves on a three year old
  • Options

cabbles said:

I hate business terminology at the best of times, but two phrases I’m hearing more and more recently that sicken me to the core

Fuck off

I hear that all the time at work, although I do work for a company who makes shotgun cartridges for duck hunting.
    Quality gag! Cap duly doffed...
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Putting gloves on a three year old

Are they not entitled to warm hands like everyone else? :wink:
    Oh very droll ;)
  • Options
    mittens until they can put gloves on themselves.
  • Options
    Overhopped citrussy beer -
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Fuck off

Had a conference call earlier which one of my mates was leading. Not my best mate, but a nice chap, likes his football, generally talks sense, etc.

On the phone to this bloke in Glasgow, and my mate starts dropping in phrases like "greater granularity", "drill down", "go-to points", "process model", etc. I can't believe my ears, he's using 200 words, when 20 will do, the bloke on the other end of the line is clearly not loving the lingo and therefore has all of us at the other end of the line marked down as a bunch of Southern ponces.

Why is it apparently unacceptable to speak in plain English these days?!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Bought a car on Sunday, 13k miles absolutely immaculate. Got home this evening, the bin got blown over in the wind and dented the fucking wing.
  • Options
    >Bought a car on Sunday, 13k miles absolutely immaculate. Got home this evening, the bin got blown over in the wind and dented the fucking wing.

That first dent in a new car is always the worst.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

limeygent said:

cabbles said:

Fuck off

You obviously don't think outside of the box.
    That’s what I thought. We’re clearly on the same page here.
    Not quite, we'll have to do a deep dive first.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    limeygent said:

>Bought a car on Sunday, 13k miles absolutely immaculate. Got home this evening, the bin got blown over in the wind and dented the fucking wing.

What car is it?
  • Options

limeygent said:

What car is it?

You’re right about the first dent. My wife says she can’t really see it but I bloody can.

It’s a Mini Cooper, only plan on using it as a 2nd car/runabout but as it was immaculate, I’m gutted.
  • Options
    Might check to see if a "paintless dent repair" place can fix it.
  • Options

Bought a car on Sunday, 13k miles absolutely immaculate. Got home this evening, the bin got blown over in the wind and dented the fucking wing.

I heard it was @foresthillred wot did it...
    Very good
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Might check to see if a "paintless dent repair" place can fix it.

Cheers, I may well look into that.