Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    limeygent said:

Scientists. They're telling us over here this morning that you should close the lid on your toilet when you flush. Otherwise germs will jump out and could get on your toothbrush! It's bad enough trying to remember to put the seat down.

Saw an experiment done about this on the tv show Duck quacks don't echo, made me put the lid down ever since!
  • Options
    Talal said:

limeygent said:

Scientists. They're telling us over here this morning that you should close the lid on your toilet when you flush. Otherwise germs will jump out and could get on your toothbrush! It's bad enough trying to remember to put the seat down.

Saw an experiment done about this on the tv show Duck quacks don't echo, made me put the lid down ever since!
    Mythbuster did this too with toothbrushes placed at various distances from toilet in their studios. After a few days they tested them and any that were within 10 feet of toilet had faecal matter on them.
  • Options
    Sam Smith music
  • Options
    rina said:

MrOneLung said:

Is there an overgound platform at Mile End ?

not that I've ever seen. think @To_Be_Franck has discovered a secret railway
    Good point @MrOneLung and @rina . I was at Whitechapel :blush:
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Why are Mile End Overground station platforms underneath the Mile End Underground platforms. Might be the hangover, but it's really bugged me this morning

Even worse is the platform layout at Escher's End.

Still fascinated by that piece, every time I see it
  • Options

New towels moulting fluff still after several bloody washes. Green fluff under the foreskin everyday ffs.

Fozzie relates.

That was an interesting "what you laughing at"

"Nothing babe, just something on here "

"Tell me then, I've had a shit week at work, could do with a laugh "

"What website are you even reading?"

Under my breath "FFS leave me alone, if I was aloud down the pub I wouldn't even be reading this shit"

maybe if you could spell you might attract a better other half.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

RedPanda said:

We have 2 driveway spaces and on Sunday someone dumped a 2 year old Merc there which means my partner can't park her car at our house.

I'd love to slash a tyre or deface it but for all I know it's a drug dealer's or stolen and someone has stashed it there. Either way it's shady and I'm thoroughly pissed off with it! I've just reported it to the council (it is taxed) but for all I know it could be weeks before they come. I f'n hate how selfish, thoughtless and self entitled 'people' like that are.

Reminds me of a similar situation I've got going on.

About 6 months ago a woman began parking in one of our 3 spaces in the drive. I live in a block of 3 flats; one neighbour knows nothing about the car, and the other flat has actually traded hands in the time this woman has been using the space. She's parked there around 8-7 everyday, other than Sundays, suggesting she's going to work somewhere nearby..

Her car is a bit beaten up (despite being relatively new), so I don't particularly trust her.. not to mention she's nearly ran me over twice in the past month. When she's reversing out there's no stopping her.

I initially thought "Nah, she's not going to be ballsy enough to pull in to someones drive to nick their parking spot".. I believe I'm now wrong.
    I would suggest leaving a note on her car, and perhaps others in the vicinity pointing out that cars parked in this area have been subject to vandalism recently.

If that doesn't shift her, draw a big knob with balls in lipstick on the driver's door.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    UPVC front doors and specifically the locks on then.

The newer type indicator arms on cars.
  • Options
    Trying to figure out which lifer has been ordering endless swimming pools for their home.
  • Options

Why are Mile End Overground station platforms underneath the Mile End Underground platforms. Might be the hangover, but it's really bugged me this morning

Ask the bloke who designed it.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Trying to figure out which lifer has been ordering endless swimming pools for their home.

I assumed it was Lookie and/or Barts off the back of the subscription fees?
  • Options

limeygent said:

Might check to see if a "paintless dent repair" place can fix it.

Cheers, I may well look into that.
    Definitely worth it! I wish that I had taken some before and after photos of the quality of the work done on my car.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Regarding that 2 year old Mercedes dumped on my driveway... It was peeing off my neighbour as well. I'm not sure how but he tracked down the owner and found out it's uninsured. So yesterday he knocked on their door and said he'd report that to the police if they don't move it or park there again.

Needless to say it is back where it belongs, which I now know is about 120 yards down the road (next to another nice, presumably uninsured Merc).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

buckshee said:

Doing a bit of burgling ?
    Who decided it was a good idea to invent a front door lock that requires it to be physically locked with a key every time you come through it? Nearly every night I go to bed in a panic that I haven’t remembered.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

buckshee said:

Doing a bit of burgling ?
    Who decided it was a good idea to invent a front door lock that requires it to be physically locked with a key every time you come through it? Nearly every night I go to bed in a panic that I haven’t remembered.
    Probably someone who was concerned about people locking themselves out without a key.
  • Options
    Local news reports that only show football results only from teams within their region. Why not show the results for every team in the division and highlight the local teams? As it is, they often broadcast largely empty screens with just one or two matches on them. Pathetic.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Local news reports that only show football results only from teams within their region. Why not show the results for every team in the division and highlight the local teams? As it is, they often broadcast largely empty screens with just one or two matches on them. Pathetic.

Stig said:

Are you serious ???? You want the LOCAL news to be 30 mins long so they can show all 4 professional leagues results & then a few non league ones as well.

just weird.
  • Options

Stig said:

Stig said:

Are you serious ???? You want the LOCAL news to be 30 mins long so they can show all 4 professional leagues results & then a few non league ones as well.

just weird.
    Are you serious, you liked my post and then posted this????

I never said anything about how long it should be. As far as I'm concerned, the shorter the better. What niggles me is that they crop out the non-local results to show a half empty screen? It would take no more time to display a list of 10 or 12 matches than it does to display 2 or 3.
  • Options

The BBC's replacement of 'local news' with 'the news where you are'. A dumbing down too far imo.

The fact that they still haven’t managed to show it in HD pisses me off far more.
  • Options
    The lurgy. One cold and chest infection after another.