Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options
    Adverts. But in particular those you buy to make things, there’s one on at the moment to make the “iconic” routemaster London bus, apart from who would want too, in small writing in the top right hand corner, for a few seconds it tells you that you only need to buy 130 magazines at only £8.99 each, ok i cheated i rounded it up to £9 that’s £1,170 to build a model bus. Ridiculous (if its been a train then it might be a different matter:-))
  • Options
    DA9 said:

RedPanda said:

We have 2 driveway spaces and on Sunday someone dumped a 2 year old Merc there which means my partner can't park her car at our house.

I'd love to slash a tyre or deface it but for all I know it's a drug dealer's or stolen and someone has stashed it there. Either way it's shady and I'm thoroughly pissed off with it! I've just reported it to the council (it is taxed) but for all I know it could be weeks before they come. I f'n hate how selfish, thoughtless and self entitled 'people' like that are.

If it is on your drive then ignore all this private clamping bollox, put the window through, handbrake off and move it onto the road. If you find any cash in there, keep it and if you find drugs PM me.

Once it's in the middle of the road call the council and the will get it moved a lot quicker now it's on a public highway.

My thoughts exactly. If its only 2 years old it must be worth quite a bit. I'd assume that its been stolen & then dumped. Take it for a joyride or use it until it is claimed.
    Why would car thieves considerately park a car in a driveway, they’d just dump it anywhere and walk away

@RedPanda do you live near an airport?
    I've had 2 stolen motorbikes parked/dumped on my driveway. The first time the guy even covered the bike as if he cared about it. Was odd.
  • Options
    Talal said:

DA9 said:

RedPanda said:

We have 2 driveway spaces and on Sunday someone dumped a 2 year old Merc there which means my partner can't park her car at our house.

I'd love to slash a tyre or deface it but for all I know it's a drug dealer's or stolen and someone has stashed it there. Either way it's shady and I'm thoroughly pissed off with it! I've just reported it to the council (it is taxed) but for all I know it could be weeks before they come. I f'n hate how selfish, thoughtless and self entitled 'people' like that are.

If it is on your drive then ignore all this private clamping bollox, put the window through, handbrake off and move it onto the road. If you find any cash in there, keep it and if you find drugs PM me.

Once it's in the middle of the road call the council and the will get it moved a lot quicker now it's on a public highway.

My thoughts exactly. If its only 2 years old it must be worth quite a bit. I'd assume that its been stolen & then dumped. Take it for a joyride or use it until it is claimed.
    Why would car thieves considerately park a car in a driveway, they’d just dump it anywhere and walk away

I've had 2 stolen motorbikes parked/dumped on my driveway. The first time the guy even covered the bike as if he cared about it. Was odd.
    Should imagine it was to hide it from sight and cover the number plate in case any police cars spotted it with the description of it being nicked.
  • Options

Talal said:

DA9 said:

RedPanda said:

Should imagine it was to hide it from sight and cover the number plate in case any police cars spotted it with the description of it being nicked.
    There was no number plate.
  • Options
    CEO's who piss off when there's still a job to do.
  • Options

CEO's who piss off when there's still a job to do.

What, you're annoyed that Meire resigned ? You want Meire to come back ?

I thought I'd heard it all, but obviously not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:

Might check to see if a "paintless dent repair" place can fix it.

Some dents can be 'pulled' out using one of those tile lifter suction pads. I saw this done to my son's car which actually needed further attention, but looked 80 percent better and took a few seconds to perform.
  • Options

Adverts. But in particular those you buy to make things, there’s one on at the moment to make the “iconic” routemaster London bus, apart from who would want too, in small writing in the top right hand corner, for a few seconds it tells you that you only need to buy 130 magazines at only £8.99 each, ok i cheated i rounded it up to £9 that’s £1,170 to build a model bus. Ridiculous (if its been a train then it might be a different matter:-))

I remember there was a Suburu version once, got the first magazine for £1.99 and then worked out the cost of what it would be (came to something like what you've worked out) - So instead got on the bus and went down to a model shop in Eltham and got a larger version for so much cheaper!!
  • Options
    Why are Mile End Overground station platforms underneath the Mile End Underground platforms. Might be the hangover, but it's really bugged me this morning
  • Options

Bought a car on Sunday, 13k miles absolutely immaculate. Got home this evening, the bin got blown over in the wind and dented the fucking wing.

Now, if you had a set of wind chimes they would have warned you!
  • Options

limeygent said:

>Bought a car on Sunday, 13k miles absolutely immaculate. Got home this evening, the bin got blown over in the wind and dented the fucking wing.

That first dent in a new car is always the worst.
    What car is it?

Ssshh. I'm still waiting for mine ;-(
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Why are Mile End Overground station platforms underneath the Mile End Underground platforms. Might be the hangover, but it's really bugged me this morning

Ever heard of Crossrail ?? Its a big engineering job that's involves putting a new tube line across London. I believe after Liverpool Street the next stops are Aldgate, Whitechapel and then Mile End. Unfortunately there was no space to put another station under or beside the existing one at Mile End so they had to put it on top of the existing one.

Great programme on BBC about all this. Problem is most of you were watching Game of shite on Netflux or box sets of Dallas.
  • Options

Even worse is the platform layout at Escher's End.

• Options

limeygent said:

Some dents can be 'pulled' out using one of those tile lifter suction pads. I saw this done to my son's car which actually needed further attention, but looked 80 percent better and took a few seconds to perform.
    I removed a dent using the sucker from my sat nav. Do it slowly and carefully. If it's not that deep and there are no creases in the metal it should come out.
  • Options

limeygent said:

It's worth paying a few quid to an expert to do it, it's an art, otherwise it might look worse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scientists. They're telling us over here this morning that you should close the lid on your toilet when you flush. Otherwise germs will jump out and could get on your toothbrush! It's bad enough trying to remember to put the seat down.
  • Options
    How did we survive all these years without doing that?
  • Options

That's it, I'm done.

Come back the other way and the Undergroud platform is above the Overground platform.

FML.

• Options
    Is there an overgound platform at Mile End ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

not that I've ever seen. think @To_Be_Franck has discovered a secret railway
  • Options
    rina said:

MrOneLung said:

not that I've ever seen. think @To_Be_Franck has discovered a secret railway
    Platform 9 3/4.
  • Options
    I went on the postal rail train thing before Christmas. It’s rubbish, they should have turned all the tunnels into cycle lanes....
  • Options

limeygent said:

>Bought a car on Sunday, 13k miles absolutely immaculate. Got home this evening, the bin got blown over in the wind and dented the fucking wing.

That first dent in a new car is always the worst.
    What car is it?
    You’re right about the first dent. My wife says she can’t really see it but I bloody can.

It’s a Mini Cooper, only plan on using it as a 2nd car/runabout but as it was immaculate, I’m gutted.
    With the wife behind the wheel you should look in to how much you will get for scrap in a few months. Maybe let her get out of the car before they take it though - won’t have anybody to do the dinner otherwise.

Mate, that’s a big assumption that she’s going to get anywhere near the steering wheel.

She’s getting a new Qashqai tomorrow, might just walk around it booting a few dents into the bodywork to save her the time.
  • Options
    People who talk in the cinema during the film. I remember being in the cinema in Bluewater around 2002 or 2003 time (can't remember what I was seeing) and the cinema was quite empty I was quite close the front and there was this bloke a few rows back who just wouldn't shut the F*** up. I was so close to turning round and telling him to shut his F***ing gob before coming there and F***ing shutting it for him.