Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Options

People who take their mobile phones into the gym at busy times and then sitting on machines I am waiting to use reading their phones.

I'm really at a loss to see how that would ever be acceptable. I can understand having a phone in the gym to listen to music but not to sit and play with.
  • Options

People who take their mobile phones into the gym at busy times and then sitting on machines I am waiting to use reading their phones.

Ask them to move. Used to get this all the time in Eltham gym. Drives you nuts.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Paying the very reasonable 4 quid at Halfords to do a job I detest, fitting wiper blades. Then the fitting anus making a royal pigs ear of it and having to fit them myself, then the little toad asking for the 4 quid still!

Reasonable? £4 quid for a 2 minute job. That's £120 an hour for unskilled labour. Daylight robbery.
  • Options

Peddling really really slowly, tossers.
  • Options
    My iphone 8 which unless you hold the mic right next to your mouth people on the other end can't make out what you're saying, didn't happen with my iphone 6 or even my crappy microsoft work phone but this Apple seem to think this isn't an issue.

I've finally come to the realisation that Iphones are overpriced and won't be buying another one after having every version since the 3GS.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

My iphone 8 which unless you hold the mic right next to your mouth people on the other end can't make out what you're saying, didn't happen with my iphone 6 or even my crappy microsoft work phone but this Apple seem to think this isn't an issue.

I've finally come to the realisation that Iphones are overpriced and won't be buying another one after having every version since the 3GS.

I've been having the same problems with my Samsung phone and recently Golfie Jnr suggested that when I'm at home that I put in down & use the loudspeaker. Since that great nugget of info the calls have been a lot better & he says that he can now hear me clearly.
  • Options
    New threads on Katrien Meire.
  • Options

buckshee said:

I've been having the same problems with my Samsung phone and recently Golfie Jnr suggested that when I'm at home that I put in down & use the loudspeaker. Since that great nugget of info the calls have been a lot better & he says that he can now hear me clearly.
    I had so many people since I got it saying to me "it's a really bad line" then I realised that unless I hold it right by my mouth then no joy but the "genius" in store didn't think this was enough of a problem. Now wishing I'd got an S8 Samsung or a google pixel, both of which were much cheaper than this thing.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Carter said:

Paying the very reasonable 4 quid at Halfords to do a job I detest, fitting wiper blades. Then the fitting anus making a royal pigs ear of it and having to fit them myself, then the little toad asking for the 4 quid still!

Reasonable? £4 quid for a 2 minute job. That's £120 an hour for unskilled labour. Daylight robbery.
    Not entirely unskilled. I spent a God awful, freezing new years day trying to fit a set of Bosch wipers to my last car, refused to let myself be beaten by such a simple task. Fucking things were the wrong fit. They were the correct ones according to the internet and the parts book but would they go on? Would they bollocks! These ones went on remarkably easily, I watched another unskilled worker fit a hard wired car alarm on a early 2000 model Subaru in about 5 minutes flat, I say that is not without a degree of skill and good on them for doing it for about a tenner as opposed to a garage who'd charge the full hourly rate and probably string it out.

In the case of the chap who got stuck with my wiper blades, it annoyed me that he asked for the 4 quid but if he had stuck them straight on Its 4 quid, Halfords are welcome to it. They told me they'd do a hard wiring of dash cams for 15 quid. In my day that is strictly the preserve of an auto-electrician. If only to do it neatly and I can guarantee an auto-electrician would want a lot more than 15 quid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Australian cricketers
  • Options

TV programmes having their adverts all at the same time.

Watching "next of kin" on ITV & during the adverts thought I'd flip over to see how the Brighton/Palace finished - BT Sport were on a break, so I then flipped onto Sky sports news to see if they had an update & guess what.....they were on an ad break too, as was something on another Sky sport channel !!!

I understand that some scheduling on commercial channels, especially on Sky like Dave, W, etc, will break every 15 minutes or so & if they are an hour long & start on the hour then they will all probably have an ad break together, but surely not all together & different companies like BT sport, ITV & Sky.

Is it a conspiracy ??

No - it’s just done to piss you off.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I did some work for a decent sized client in November; no hassle and they seemed fairly competent. I found it a bit dull and had been offered work elsewhere though, so when they asked me to stick around and do some more stuff for them, I politely declined.

I chased them up for a PO number to invoice against at the beginning of December. Nada.
    I chased them up for a PO number to invoice against mid-December, reminding them it was coming up to Christmas and it's already been a month. Nada.
    I chased them up for a PO number to invoice against just before Christmas. Nada.
    I chased them up for a PO number to invoice against last week, and made it clear this was a final warning. Nada.

Today I get the PO numbers to invoice against... 6 weeks late, and not a word of apology; just an automated email from their finance system. Utter wanky gobshites.

• Options
    edited January 2018

This should be in the general things that please you thread, but given the recent news about the state of high street retail in this country, it also annoys me...

I went clothes shopping this morning. I bought three different items in three different shops. Each time I was charged less than the stated price, and less than the additional discount highlighted on the ticket:-

Bought a new suit. Manager gave me another £30 off because he forgot to take a "extra £30 off" sign (that I hadn't seen) down (he told me he should have done it first thing but forgot.
    Bought a new Jacket. Advertised as 10% off marked price. They overrode that and gave me 20% at the till.
    Two jumpers - both discounted, lady at till for no reason took another tenner off one of them.

In each case I would happily have paid the price I was expecting to pay. No wonder they are f*cked - they keep giving their margin away for no reason.

I have invested the spare change in prostitutes and charlie.

Were you unknowingly wandering into each shop brandishing a sawn off shotgun and then when you went to pay, pointing it at the unwitting staff members’ heads?
  • Options

This should be in the general things that please you thread, but given the recent news about the state of high street retail in this country, it also annoys me...

I went clothes shopping this morning. I bought three different items in three different shops. Each time I was charged less than the stated price, and less than the additional discount highlighted on the ticket:-

Bought a new suit. Manager gave me another £30 off because he forgot to take a "extra £30 off" sign (that I hadn't seen) down (he told me he should have done it first thing but forgot.
    Bought a new Jacket. Advertised as 10% off marked price. They overrode that and gave me 20% at the till.
    Two jumpers - both discounted, lady at till for no reason took another tenner off one of them.

In each case I would happily have paid the price I was expecting to pay. No wonder they are f*cked - they keep giving their margin away for no reason.

a very shrewd investment with the excess money.
  • Options

a very shrewd investment with the excess money.
    better than spunking it on useless stuff
  • Options
    Pushing in.

Went to check tyre pressures at supermarket petrol place.
    Ushered lady in a Renault ahead of me thinking she was exiting petrol station.
    Instead she swerves in front of me to the air hose.
    Fair enough, I've got time to spare.
    She then spends well over 5 minutes rummaging around her tip of a car to find log book and change for the machine (though it's free when you pay for petrol,which she has done).

Clearly could have let me and the guy now behind me get ours done.

Lady then decides it's 20 on the back and 40 on the front.

We gently point out this doesn't look right and could we help her? A curt 'No' and off she goes.

Very strange. Mildly annoying how rude people can be.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Pushing in.

She then spends well over 5 minutes rummaging around her tip of a car to find log book and change for the machine (though it's free when you pay for petrol,which she has done).

We gently point out this doesn't look right and could we help her? A curt 'No' and off she goes.

Were you wearing your purple skullcap and black eyemask at the time?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People sniffing on the other end of the phone. Take something for it if you're sick.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

People sniffing on the other end of the phone. Take something for it if you're sick.

I think that’s it’s what they have taken that could be the cause of the sniffing.
  • Options
    Having to pay to pump your tyres up and finding that the cheeky so and sos carefully calibrate the machine so that one payment is only enough to check 3 tyres.
  • Options
    limeygent said:

To be fair I'd prefer people did this than come into work when ill. We have a flexible working policy and people are actively encouraged to work from home. Yet people still come in when they are ill. They proceed to disturb everyone all day with their sniffling and complaining. They also make the entire office ill as the office has crap air condition that spreads the germs around everywhere.
  • Options
    Stig said:

The fuss about Carrie Gracie resigning. She was offered a pay rise that's more than most people earn in a year. The real story here is not gender inequality amongst men and women in the upper middle classes, but the obscene differences between the money enjoyed by these elites and the comparatively paltry amounts that ordinary licence payers earn.

At least Sopel and Bowen were names of note. Who had even heard of Gracie before she resigned? Ah well, at least she'll have given the (probably overpaid) W1A scriptwriters some new material. Perhaps they can have a whip round for her.

Dont worry you'll be pleased to know its award season so there will be plenty of people like this coming out with various agendas pretending to be a voice of the people!!
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Pushing in.

Yes.
    And my pants were over my trousers, obviously.
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

Pushing in.

Yes.
    And my pants were over my trousers, obviously.
    I bet they weren’t even your pants