Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• When I worked Occasionally popped in at Channel 4, they used to email out some of the funny reviews they received.

One of them I remember was for a series on Auswitz, which simply said - A bit gloomy.
    Sorry, did you say something Mr puncture 2006 ;)
    2004 - but a valid comment tbf.
    Bit of a let down?
  • Fiiish said:

stonemuse said:

McBobbin said:

Shitty modern jobs.
    Can this guy really make a living at this?

Jackson fucking Galaxy ... lol
    Great name, great beard, great suit, great job.
    Great man.

His series is brilliant. If you like cats. If not, meh I suppose.
  • 1StevieG said:

McBobbin said:

Shitty modern jobs.

Thats what they call a fivehead..... and his real name will be something like Robin Trundle.
    Richard Kirschner actually.
  • Stig said:

Pronouncing the herb Basil as Baysal

And the word 'herb' as 'erb'

PS. I think coleslaw and slaw are two different things

Erb is the correct way to say it. It comes from latin via french. It's only Victorian grammarians who were seeking ways to make themselves sound important that introduced the false 'h'. It should always be dropped.

The really annoying thing about aitch is the number of people who say 'haitch'. I work in HR and it's amazing how many people call it Haitch-Arr. Frankly none of them are employable.
    Child Genius is on tv at the moment. too many of them are saying haitch in the spelling round. makes an otherwise intelligent child sound stupid
  • ross1 said:

Illiterate children's book authors and proofreaders

Probably printed in China, or some other non English speaking country
    America?
    Hey.....!
  • <</p>

Looks like he has experience in that field.
  • iainment said:

Fiiish said:

stonemuse said:

McBobbin said:

Shitty modern jobs.

Jackson fucking Galaxy ... lol
    Great name, great beard, great suit, great job.
    Great man.

His series is brilliant. If you like cats. If not, meh I suppose.
    He is good... But cracks me up anyway. Like supernanny for cats
  • People smoking over their kids. We're in Spain atm and the amount of people doing it is disgusting. So many parents with babies in prams, sitting at the bar with a fag.

After having been diagnosed with Emphysema last year and being that I have never smoked, I thank all smokers for their consideration
  • Sponsored links:

• Pronouncing the herb Basil as Baysal

And pronouncing coriander as cilantro
  • bbob said:

Pronouncing the herb Basil as Baysal

And pronouncing coriander as cilantro
    not to mention pronouncing oregano "oreg-anno" rather than the correct "orey-garno"
  • Please do.
  • where do you shop ......somewhere in downtown Shanghai ???
  • Moving on from Crisp ranking, (which didnt quite generate the reaction I was hoping for),perhaps we could deconstruct the basics first?
    I found this for (an obese person's) starters.

• Proofreaders who cant even check a backpack.
    Probably foreign.

$35.00 for that as well !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Please do.

If that was for me, this tickled me the other day, though not a proofreading general thing that annoys me. Supermarket labels annoy me too.
  • Moving on from Crisp ranking, (which didnt quite generate the reaction I was hoping for),perhaps we could deconstruct the basics first?
    I found this for (an obese person's) starters.

What a load of bollocks. Chocolate Digestives are PL champions, FA Cup winners, League Cup winners and Champions League Winners. Plus they won the fair play league, programme of the year and best pie awards.
  • edited August 2017
    Stupid survey question too. Stayed at a hotel at the weekend. Sent me a survey about my stay. Pointed out some issues. Manager then sent me an email. Then got another survey about the manager's performance ffs.

Enjoyed this health survey question.
  • Tattoo proofreaders. How hard can it be?
  • Stupid survey question too. Stayed at a hotel at the weekend. Sent me a survey about my stay. Pointed out some issues. Manager then sent me an email. Then got another survey about the manager's performance ffs.

Enjoyed this health survey question.

With you on this one. Detest surveys, especially ones from hospitals asking whether you would recommend them to a friend or family member...wtf ??? Next time someone is having a heart attack in London I'll tell them that I recommend a hospital in Devon !!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!