Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Currys PC World. It is to retail appliances what roly is to football club stewardship and latrine is to honesty.
    Massive bunch of crooks peddling piss poor shit boxed up as goods, then having the brass neck to say "tough luck sucker we've got your money and you can do one" when I take the shit back cos it doesn't work or isn't the size they said it should be.
    Do yourselves a favour people, shop elsewhere, anywhere else, we'll all live longer.
    The sooner this scumbucket goes bust the better for all concerned.

If the product doesn't work or is not the size its stated on the box then under the "sale of goods" act you are legally entitled to a full refund.

or do I suspect that you are just p*****d off that you bought something that you are now not happy with & its your mistake.
  • Best to buy from currys pc world online rather than in store. That way can easily return if you change your mind, which they don't allow if bought in store unless it's faulty. Personally not had a problem with them.
  • Staples, pain in the arse. (and fingers}
  • edited August 2017
    Doing a huge test and the results not loading.
  • Currys PC World. It is to retail appliances what roly is to football club stewardship and latrine is to honesty.
    Massive bunch of crooks peddling piss poor shit boxed up as goods, then having the brass neck to say "tough luck sucker we've got your money and you can do one" when I take the shit back cos it doesn't work or isn't the size they said it should be.
    Do yourselves a favour people, shop elsewhere, anywhere else, we'll all live longer.

Could not agree more.

I have also vowed never to darken their door again. They once told me to write to the manufacturer when I returned a faulty item. I eventually 'won' my money back by standing my ground and basically causing a scene in their shop. Weeks later I heard a savvy woman doing exactly the same when she eloquently argued that her contract was with them - the shop where she bought the item and it was the shop's contract with the manufacturer to sort out.

Years later I retried them when purchasing a chromebook advertised at a good price. A member of staff told me that they only had one ready for sale, but it would cost more as their engineers had painstakingly set it up. I told them that everything I'd read suggested that a chromebook was ready to go when you opened the lid - the reason I was interested. The staff member - who incidentally was now backed by two others - told me I that I'd have to be very computer literate to get a chromebook up and running on my own. Fortunately I trusted my instincts and walked. The chromebook I later bought on line was indeed as simple as advertised to set up.

I can only conclude that their staff are trained to lie and evade the law.
  • Cutting the grass just before you go on holiday & not seeing the benefit of it nice & short. Then having to mow it again when you get home.

Came back to a jungle yesterday afternoon. Spent all morning mowing the lawn and deadheading the plants.
  • Cutting the grass just before you go on holiday & not seeing the benefit of it nice & short. Then having to mow it again when you get home.

Came back to a jungle yesterday afternoon. Spent all morning mowing the lawn and deadheading the plants.
    Did you have something important to do this afternoon then? :smiley:
  • No soap in my hotel room. Just shower gel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fiiish said:

cabbles said:

I'm not a biscuit person myself. I do like an ice cream though - magnums

I remember when they did the 7 deadly sins in 2003/04

I managed to get 5 out the 7 before they were discontinued

Didn't get round to Gluttony then?
    I wish I could remember which ones I missed out on. The heady days of my 2nd and final years of uni when after my evening meal I would go to the shop on campus and treat myself to the latest sin.

Needless to say as I was at uni at the time this was the icing on the cake to all the vigorous, endless, knackering

Pro evolution soccer tournaments I was doing in my room
  • No soap in my hotel room. Just shower gel.

The general lack of anywhere to put your toiletries in hotel bathrooms.

Could not agree more.

I have also vowed never to darken their door again. They once told me to write to the manufacturer when I returned a faulty item. I eventually 'won' my money back by standing my ground and basically causing a scene in their shop. Weeks later I heard a savvy woman doing exactly the same when she eloquently argued that her contract was with them - the shop where she bought the item and it was the shop's contract with the manufacturer to sort out.

Years later I retried them when purchasing a chromebook advertised at a good price. A member of staff told me that they only had one ready for sale, but it would cost more as their engineers had painstakingly set it up. I told them that everything I'd read suggested that a chromebook was ready to go when you opened the lid - the reason I was interested. The staff member - who incidentally was now backed by two others - told me I that I'd have to be very computer literate to get a chromebook up and running on my own. Fortunately I trusted my instincts and walked. The chromebook I later bought on line was indeed as simple as advertised to set up.

I can only conclude that their staff are trained to lie and evade the law.
    Another disliker of Currys here. I hate the way they switch their patter the moment they've got a sale. One minute the product you are interested in is well built and reliable, then as soon as you commit, they want to sell you some crappy insurance policy and they're telling you how prone to a breakdown they are. I've walked out of the shop before now because of it.
  • Drinking from a Fruit Shoot bottle is pretty annoying, no wonder the yoot of today go around jibbing each other
  • Middle aged/ elderly people who still haven't worked out that modern phones have a silent/ vibrate function meaning fellow train passengers need not be subject to the increasingly irritating message alerts during particularly rampant text rallies about "putting the sprouts on" or "picking up pile cream" or whatever such nonsense it is people of that age have to talk about.

Another key example of why those over 40 should not be afforded access to technology.
  • Middle aged/ elderly people who still haven't worked out that modern phones have a silent/ vibrate function meaning fellow train passengers need not be subject to the increasingly irritating message alerts during particularly rampant text rallies about "putting the sprouts on" or "picking up pile cream" or whatever such nonsense it is people of that age have to talk about.

Another key example of why those over 40 should not be afforded access to technology.

You'll be giving your phone up in a year or so then rodders?

You'll be giving your phone up in a year or so then rodders?
    Mid twenties mate so a while yet.

I am over 70 so shall I just top myself now?, will you be happy with that, being that I am not allowed access to technology, where does it end, Mobiles, computers (how will I keep up with Charlton match day scores?), TV, Bluetooth, perhaps you will tell me what I am allowed, thank you
  • Sponsored links:

• No words...

That man is looking lovingly at the camera, he's like a spanish Varys.
  • No words...

Would be funny if he got digs off both Barca & Real fans.
  • edited August 2017

No words...

Would be funny if he got digs off both Barca & Real fans.
    Especially if the News go with the Headlines of: Barcelona and Real Madrid fans come together in solidarity
  • should get one for Stevie G and Big fat Frank

could have LampArd on it
  • edited August 2017
    Kodi Android app. I just don't get it, none of the big name add ons appear as available to install?!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!