Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• The pronunciation of "negotiate". My observation...

Politicians: Ne-gose-iate
    Everyone else: Ne-go-she-ate

I don't care which is right, the top one annoys me. I don't have to be right to find it annoying. F*** you CL.

Perhaps, we can discuss this and meet halfway on the pronunciation. Let's neg....
  • Stig said:

Double strength orange Squash, doesn't ever taste the same regardless what squash to water ratio you use.

Doesn't help forgetting its double strength and necking a pint of the stuff!

No offence Dave, but I thought squash was a thing of the seventies. The only times I've had it in the last thirty years have been after giving blood. For me real juice is infinitely preferable if available/affordable, and if not plain water is superior. Interested to know, how many people drink squash regularly.
    I do. Currently have 3 bottles on the cupboard - lemon, peach and apple & pear. I drink about a litre a day - i find it improves the flavour of water. I also have 2 cartons of juice - 1 orange & 1 tropical
    Ooooh - get you with your "two juice fridge", Golfie... :lol:
  • Seeing someone watching a kettle boiling away for 2 minutes until it switches itself off before pouring out the water. It's boiling ffs, it doesn't get any hotter!!
  • edited August 2017
    The genre of Mission: Impossible films.

If it's impossible, why attempt it in the first place?
  • Don't they complete every single one? So it's more Mission : Not easily possible.
  • Just had a new Cigar Box Guitar handmade, lovely job, not cheap. Anyway they do all that work and package it up like 'kin morons!! It was all loose in the box, I do hope that they were 'avin a laugh.
    Luckily it plays and sounds bloody lovely.
    Tits.
  • limeygent said:

Ties, stupidest garment ever invented.

Flip flops, Crocs, Uggs... And I have not even got above the knee yet... :lol:
    Did you know that Crocs make a Flip-Flop?

• Sponsored links:

• Bloke at the tip not letting me sweep me trailer out with his broom.

The Brexit effect in action. Take back control of your own broom!
  • edited August 2017

Bloke at the tip not letting me sweep me trailer out with his broom.

Euphemism?
    He said summin about having it for 40 years, man and boy. Looked like a new head on it to me though
    Be honest you said 'Merci pour rien Trigger' to him didn't you? :smiley:

Euphemism?
    He said summin about having it for 40 years, man and boy. Looked like a new head on it to me though
    Cheers Dave...

The Brexit effect in action. Take back control of your own broom!
    40 years old? Everyone knows a new broom sweeps clean.
  • Dazzler21 said:

True Biscuit League rankings:

Premier League
    Chocolate Hobnobs
    Chocolate Digestives
    Penguin Biscuit Bars
    Foxes Classic Biscuit Bar

Championship
    Shorties
    Bourbons
    BN’s
    Custard Creams (gets relegated and promoted often)

League 1
    Jammie Dodgers (gets promoted and relegated often)
    Hobnobs
    Digestives (Well known and generally liked side, just no ambition - Charlton)
    Foxes Crunch Creams (too sickly to be higher placed)
    Nice
    Malted Milk

League 2
    Rich Tea Biscuits
    Snack biscuits
    Maryland Cookies

Non-League (Do not qualify as a biscuit)
    Tunnocks Caramel Bar
    Tunnocks Tea Cakes
    Oreo anything… Just F*** off.

Any i need to add to the leagues?

No honorable mention for the ginger snap?
  • Ginger nuts are definitely a Championship side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Roadworks, temporary traffic lights and road closures in Bexley Borough at the moment.

What do they do, sit there scratching their collective arses for five years and then all of a sudden decide let's do everywhere at the same time and bring the borough to a standstill.
  • Macronate said:

Petrol station kiosk workers.

There could be a queue the length of the Great Wall of China but the other attendant will still continue replenishing the cigarettes, then disappearing to the little room at the back before walking into the shop itself with a box of Twirls to put out.

Yeah I gave some assistant in morrisons petrol station in Erith a tirade about this recently. I was 8th in a single queue and she was adding to an already fully stocked kiosk of sweets. Ludicrous.

Jobsworths and fuckwits come to mind.
  • Macronate said:

Petrol station kiosk workers.

There could be a queue the length of the Great Wall of China but the other attendant will still continue replenishing the cigarettes, then disappearing to the little room at the back before walking into the shop itself with a box of Twirls to put out.

Yeah I gave some assistant in morrisons petrol station in Erith a tirade about this recently. I was 8th in a single queue and she was adding to an already fully stocked kiosk of sweets. Ludicrous.

Jobsworths and fuckwits come to mind.
    That's exactly the one I was talking about.
  • Is it just me but whenever I drive eastbound on the M20 and see a car with Belgium number plates I have to overtake to see if Roly or KM is in it.

Itching to get the raised digit in use. Not spotted them yet, but will keep looking.
  • cabbles said:

I'm not a biscuit person myself. I do like an ice cream though - magnums

I remember when they did the 7 deadly sins in 2003/04

I managed to get 5 out the 7 before they were discontinued

People who describe themselves as 'not a [insert item here] person.'

Great effort on the magnums though, i'm not really an ice cream person.
  • limeygent said:

Ties, stupidest garment ever invented.

Flip flops, Crocs, Uggs... And I have not even got above the knee yet... :lol:
    Did you know that Crocs make a Flip-Flop?

Where is the Aaarrrrgggghhhhh.... button when you need it?
  • Is it just me but whenever I drive eastbound on the M20 and see a car with Belgium number plates I have to overtake to see if Roly or KM is in it.

Itching to get the raised digit in use. Not spotted them yet, but will keep looking.

I'm not entirely sure why that annoys you, but just to save you getting nicked for speeding- it isn't them

she goes by train and he doesn't know where England is
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!