Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Double strength orange Squash, doesn't ever taste the same regardless what squash to water ratio you use.

Doesn't help forgetting its double strength and necking a pint of the stuff!
  • Sleeping in hostels. Been 2 months of it now. Currently in a hostel in Cusco trying to get some kip after climbing machu pichu at 3am this morning and there's a fat Mexican geezer in here snoring like this no tomorrow.

Airbnb for our next stop I'm thinking!
  • Double strength orange Squash, doesn't ever taste the same regardless what squash to water ratio you use.

No offence Dave, but I thought squash was a thing of the seventies. The only times I've had it in the last thirty years have been after giving blood. For me real juice is infinitely preferable if available/affordable, and if not plain water is superior. Interested to know, how many people drink squash regularly.
  • That the Millwall relegation thread is up and running in August. I know everyone has got to have their fun, but I think it's a sad indictment of the state of our club that people are focussing on the spanners so early on in the season.
  • Commentators, sue Barker being a prime example as is Barry Davies, who pronounce a superfluous "r" where sportspersons have Christian names that end in a vowel and surnames that start with a vowel. Thus, Jessica Ennis is pronounced as "JessicarEnnis". Infuriates me.
  • McBobbin said:

Any biscuit ranking that doesn't have milk chocolate hobnobs at the top is only half a biscuit ranking

Nail on the head.
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:

Any biscuit ranking that doesn't have milk chocolate hobnobs at the top is only half a biscuit ranking

• Moving on from Crisp ranking, (which didnt quite generate the reaction I was hoping for),perhaps we could deconstruct the basics first?
    I found this for (an obese person's) starters.

Pricks that call league 1 Div 1.

It's the Premier league, Div 1, Div 2, Div 3.

The Premier League, Championship, League 1, League 2 is also acceptable.

HobNobs in 5-aside? Maybe at the Masters tourney.
  • edited August 2017
    True Biscuit League rankings:

Premier League
    Chocolate Hobnobs
    Chocolate Digestives
    Penguin Biscuit Bars
    Foxes Classic Biscuit Bar

Championship
    Shorties
    Bourbons
    BN’s
    Custard Creams (gets relegated and promoted often)

League 1
    Jammie Dodgers (gets promoted and relegated often)
    Hobnobs
    Digestives (Well known and generally liked side, just no ambition - Charlton)
    Foxes Crunch Creams (too sickly to be higher placed)
    Nice
    Malted Milk

League 2
    Rich Tea Biscuits
    Snack biscuits
    Maryland Cookies

Non-League (Do not qualify as a biscuit)
    Tunnocks Caramel Bar
    Tunnocks Tea Cakes
    Oreo anything… Just F*** off.

Any i need to add to the leagues?
  • I would have Malted Milk in the Champions League.
  • Snacks are Chocolate confectionary not a biscuit
  • The pronunciation of "negotiate". My observation...

Politicians: Ne-gose-iate
    Everyone else: Ne-go-she-ate

I don't care which is right, the top one annoys me. I don't have to be right to find it annoying. F*** you CL.
  • I'm not a biscuit person myself. I do like an ice cream though - magnums

I remember when they did the 7 deadly sins in 2003/04

I managed to get 5 out the 7 before they were discontinued
  • Sponsored links:

• People walking along busy streets staring at their mobiles, or in particularly cuntish acts of cuntery, newspapers or books.

Cracking turn of phrase Rodders.
    Really deserves to be used as a thread title
  • People walking along busy streets staring at their mobiles, or in particularly cuntish acts of cuntery, newspapers or books.

Cracking turn of phrase Rodders.
    Really deserves to be used as a thread title
    I would have gone for cuntaciousness.
  • edited August 2017
    Smokers that walk in front of you when walking along the pavement and getting a lungful of that shite.
  • Dazzler21 said:

True Biscuit League rankings:

Premier League
    Chocolate Hobnobs
    Chocolate Digestives
    Penguin Biscuit Bars
    Foxes Classic Biscuit Bar

Championship
    Shorties
    Bourbons
    BN’s
    Custard Creams (gets relegated and promoted often)

League 1
    Jammie Dodgers (gets promoted and relegated often)
    Hobnobs
    Digestives (Well known and generally liked side, just no ambition - Charlton)
    Foxes Crunch Creams (too sickly to be higher placed)
    Nice
    Malted Milk

League 2
    Rich Tea Biscuits
    Snack biscuits
    Maryland Cookies

Non-League (Do not qualify as a biscuit)
    Tunnocks Caramel Bar
    Tunnocks Tea Cakes
    Oreo anything… Just F*** off.

Any i need to add to the leagues?

twenty point deduction at the start of the season for the most inaccurately named biscuit in the history of biscuits:
    "Nice"
  • 1StevieG said:

Smokers that walk in front of you when walking along the pavement and getting a lungful of that shite.

Or park themselves next to you on a bench or something.
  • 20 oddyear olds giving it the bigun outside a boozer. Need to flip now to the pleasing you thread. Gave him two chances and he took the piss trying a third time. See you later yoot - the 45 year old' s still got it!
  • edited August 2017
    Stig said:

Double strength orange Squash, doesn't ever taste the same regardless what squash to water ratio you use.

No offence Dave, but I thought squash was a thing of the seventies. The only times I've had it in the last thirty years have been after giving blood. For me real juice is infinitely preferable if available/affordable, and if not plain water is superior. Interested to know, how many people drink squash regularly.
    I do. Currently have 3 bottles on the cupboard - lemon, peach and apple & pear. I drink about a litre a day - i find it improves the flavour of water. I also have 2 cartons of juice - 1 orange & 1 tropical
  • The phrase "champions league proper" used by teams like Liverpool to claim they are already in the champions league after finishing fourth when all they've done is got into a qualifying round.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!