Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• Fumbluff said:

Just nothing, nothing is right here, I'm blaming @A-R-T-H-U-R for sharing...
    controversial! good god, never mind Trumps Tweets this is the kind of thing that can start wars. fucking pickled onion monster munch on the 'low tier'?! salt and vinegar walkers and skips shit?!! wtf! that Adam Higgins needs a slap.
  • muppetman said:

limeygent said:

cabbles said:

buckshee said:

The term drop as in "our new album drops tomorrow" or "the new Adidas collection drops on Friday"

Wank terminology Buckshee. It's everywhere. At the moment I get particularly wound up by going on LinkedIn and having to see all these companies refer to their places of work as 'campuses' - honestly fuck off

It never ceases to amaze me how vomit inducing we can go with this shit. It's gradually been seeping in over a number of years, coffee shops where you can't go in and ask for a white coffee, it's a flat white, adverts for kitchens where you get your own 'project manager', and now your place of work needs to be a campus where you collaborate and foster a culture of 'intrapreneurship'

Unfortunately for me, the world seems to be going one way, and I'm very firmly going the other, in that it all just seems to wind me up, and it's everywhere. You can't hide from it or take a breather

Sky sports now analyse player's instagram accounts to evaluate their chances of moving during the transfer window

Utter wank
    I've worked in large corporations all my life so you get accustomed to "corporate wank", and some phrases become so normal that it takes your wife calling you a twat and laughing at you to realise that you have taken it home with you - however, even I draw the line somewhere. A good friend at a company that I used to work for was Global Capability Director (that, to me, is quite a normal title). The other week he sent me an email and he is now "Global Head of Faculty".
    There used to be "Trucking" companies over here, now they're "Logistics" companies.
    I worked in the rag trade, and for years I was known as a warehouse man, the company I worked for employed a new Financial Director who changed our job titles to fabric allocation and relocation technicians.
    He had a good sense of humour. Or was a bit of a snob.
  • muppetman said:

limeygent said:

cabbles said:

buckshee said:

The term drop as in "our new album drops tomorrow" or "the new Adidas collection drops on Friday"

Wank terminology Buckshee. It's everywhere. At the moment I get particularly wound up by going on LinkedIn and having to see all these companies refer to their places of work as 'campuses' - honestly fuck off

It never ceases to amaze me how vomit inducing we can go with this shit. It's gradually been seeping in over a number of years, coffee shops where you can't go in and ask for a white coffee, it's a flat white, adverts for kitchens where you get your own 'project manager', and now your place of work needs to be a campus where you collaborate and foster a culture of 'intrapreneurship'

Unfortunately for me, the world seems to be going one way, and I'm very firmly going the other, in that it all just seems to wind me up, and it's everywhere. You can't hide from it or take a breather

Sky sports now analyse player's instagram accounts to evaluate their chances of moving during the transfer window

Utter wank
    I've worked in large corporations all my life so you get accustomed to "corporate wank", and some phrases become so normal that it takes your wife calling you a twat and laughing at you to realise that you have taken it home with you - however, even I draw the line somewhere. A good friend at a company that I used to work for was Global Capability Director (that, to me, is quite a normal title). The other week he sent me an email and he is now "Global Head of Faculty".
    There used to be "Trucking" companies over here, now they're "Logistics" companies.
    I worked in the rag trade, and for years I was known as a warehouse man, the company I worked for employed a new Financial Director who changed our job titles to fabric allocation and relocation technicians.
    And there's another one that gets my goat.
    Job titles,
    Craftsmen that are not craftsman
    Technicians that are not technicians
    Engineers that are not engineers
    Associates that are not associates
    Partners that are not partners
    Professionals that are not professionals.

When I left school you had to work towards and get qualifications to get called any of the above.

How about this for a job

I watched that this morning, must be a slow news day.
    Emoji translator, that ain't a job. That was a person who found Egyptian a tad too difficult.
  • It's pretty obvious there is no God if he/she/it picked that collection of blandness.
  • edited August 2017
    Fumbluff said:

Just nothing, nothing is right here, I'm blaming @A-R-T-H-U-R for sharing...
    By way of an excuse can I say it was posted for discussion purposes?
    ;-)
    Solly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton Athletic football club
  • edited August 2017

Second hand / used newspapers.

I normally take my newspaper from deep within the pile as I like it to be in pristine condition. Yesterday I took the the top copy and later realised to my horror that it had been read. Slightly crumpled, with pages that didn’t quite line up, I was relieved to find the crossword free from the vendor’s attention - hope he wasn’t taking a dump while he read it.

Sadly I couldn’t even get the butler to iron it for me as I’d given him the orf.

7 up is Lemonade.
  • Darren Campbell.
    Apparently Mo Farah has nothing to prove about not holding WRs as he is a great of the track. Usain Bolt, however, is a legend because he wins medals and makes new World marks. Because doing both is what marks out the greats.
    And he knows everything about athletics because he won a gold once. Or was it twice? Such a smug prick.
    A prime example of a fine sportsperson floundering when they try analysis and opinion.
  • The Union Flag being held aloft back to front.
  • People obsessed with Donald Trump.

Weirdos.
  • Sponsored links:

• Colin Murray. He's a knowledgeable presenter, there's just something about him that irritates me!
  • edited August 2017

People obsessed with Donald Trump.

Weirdos.

I think you can exempt Americans from this Gaz. Otherwise, yeah... *

* I think he's one of the worst people who ever walked the earth, but that's the way it is, no point obsessing over it.
  • edited August 2017
    Stig said:

Those bloody boring propaganda monologues that the BBC feel they have to squeeze into every sporting event. Tonight we had the displeasure of Michael Johnson overtaking a load of old footage, taking hundreds of words to say what could be said in a couple of sentences. Meaningless repetitive drivel. Sort it out, BBC.

The Welsh bloke that seems to be employed mainly to do Mo Farah voiceovers.

Edit: I feel like I associate him with 6 nations build up montages as well.
  • Stig said:

Those bloody boring propaganda monologues that the BBC feel they have to squeeze into every sporting event. Tonight we had the displeasure of Michael Johnson overtaking a load of old footage, taking hundreds of words to say what could be said in a couple of sentences. Meaningless repetitive drivel. Sort it out, BBC.

Said the same thing to my son following that drivel. They did the same sort of thing before the British Lions tour and the Ashes series.

I hate the tone of the fawning, grovelling, cringing, sycophantic commentary, its just so embarrassing. I'm sure the targeted sportsmen would find it so too.
  • The circle line. Every other tube line manages to tell you how long until the next train, the circle line just leaves you guessing
  • Vinnie V. said:

MrOneLung said:

Rolled up / pushed up shirt sleeves

Wear a short sleeve shirt or just get on with your long sleeves.

MrOneLung said:

NEVER wear a short sleeved shirt with a tie.
    Bloke at work does this and is constantly slaughtered for it.
  • Vinnie V. said:

MrOneLung said:

MrOneLung said:

NEVER wear a short sleeved shirt with a tie.
    Bloke at work does this and is constantly slaughtered for it.
    Too right, if it's too hot for long sleeves, it's too hot for a tie.
  • unless you are a pilot.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!