Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• iainment said:

iainment said:

cabbles said:

Paddington, the area, the station (praed street exit, bakerloo line). Despite it being in zone 1 and me living in forest hill it's ballache to get to. I have to get the 176 bus to Elephant & Castle and then the bakerloo direct. Sounds simple enough, but when you aportion 30 minutes of your journey to a bus, lots of things can go wrong. The other option would be for me to get a bus up the hill to forsest hill station, overground to Canada Water, jubilee to Baker Street and then change - a lot of faffing

And then when i arrive I'm greeted by millions of Chinese tourists and tons of suitcases. I think the praed street exit and the surrounding area has the highest concentration/density of suitcases per person in the world. Yes, even more than an airport where everyone has a suitcase. It's also the fact that it's a public area that makes it worst. Commuters having to compete with it all

And then the area is so tacky. All these shit motels/hostels that want to house these tourists. It's like a poor man's Leicester Square in that respect

Cycle.
    and lose all self-respect. Friends. Family. A chance to have sexual intercourse ever again.

Yes, cycle.
    Ha! So wrong.
    iainment said:

iainment said:

cabbles said:

Paddington, the area, the station (praed street exit, bakerloo line). Despite it being in zone 1 and me living in forest hill it's ballache to get to. I have to get the 176 bus to Elephant & Castle and then the bakerloo direct. Sounds simple enough, but when you aportion 30 minutes of your journey to a bus, lots of things can go wrong. The other option would be for me to get a bus up the hill to forsest hill station, overground to Canada Water, jubilee to Baker Street and then change - a lot of faffing

And then when i arrive I'm greeted by millions of Chinese tourists and tons of suitcases. I think the praed street exit and the surrounding area has the highest concentration/density of suitcases per person in the world. Yes, even more than an airport where everyone has a suitcase. It's also the fact that it's a public area that makes it worst. Commuters having to compete with it all

And then the area is so tacky. All these shit motels/hostels that want to house these tourists. It's like a poor man's Leicester Square in that respect

Cycle.
    and lose all self-respect. Friends. Family. A chance to have sexual intercourse ever again.

Yes, cycle.
    Ha! So wrong. ;-)

So wrong you had to say it twice? :wink:
    My phone is cack.
  • cabbles said:

Why not a train to Victoria, underground Victoria Line to Oxford Circus then 20 seconds to cross to the Bakerloo line to Paddington, surely much quicker ?

Mind you the Canada Water option takes 37 mins from Forest Hill station according to TFL.

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/results?IsAsync=true&JpType=publictransport&InputFrom=Forest+Hill+Rail+Station&Modes=bus,tube,national-rail,dlr,overground,tflrail,river-bus,tram,cable-car,coach&From=Forest+Hill+Rail+Station&FromId=1001112&PreviousFrom=Forest+Hill+Rail+Station&InputTo=Paddington&To=Paddington&ToId=1000174&PreviousTo=Paddington&Date=20170728&Time=0730&IsMapRequired=False&Mode=bus&Mode=tube&Mode=national-rail&Mode=dlr&Mode=overground&Mode=tflrail&CyclePreference=AllTheWay&WalkingSpeedWalking=average&JourneyPreference=leasttime&AccessibilityPreference=norequirements&MaxWalkingMinutes=40&WalkingSpeedTransport=average&InputVia=&Via=&ViaId=&PreviousVia=&NationalSearch=false&WalkingOptimization=false&SavePreferences=false&IsMultipleJourneySelection=False&JourneyType=&IsPastWarning=False
    That's a different take on it. It's not so much the time of the journey or the journey itself, it's more having to work in Paddington. Yes the journey is ballache (one bus, and one tube is proving to be the least taxing), it's the place. I'm sorry if I misled any of you into thinking this was a rant about the Chinese or the travel. And I appreciate all your suggestions
  • We went to Newbury in the week and I got from Bromley South to Paddington in 45 mins via Victoria & change at Oxford Circus.

PS I'm a fan of McDonalds in Praed Street, always use it when getting a train to Cheltenham or somewhere west :smile:
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

cabbles said:

Cycle.

Yes, cycle.
    Ha! So wrong.
    iainment said:

iainment said:

cabbles said:

Cycle.

Yes, cycle.
    Ha! So wrong. ;-)

My phone is cack.
    You can say that again :wink:

• Greg Wallace introducing a documentary in a food factory, shouting at the top of his voice and repeating everything the other bloke has just said.

Nob.

The first two words were enough.
  • roads with no centre line markings !!! Just noticed this evening that upon entering my village that the highways agency have obliterated the road markings " as a traffic calming measure".........wtf ?? The road is not that wide & at one point I felt as if I was traversing down the middle & not keeping to the left. How is that good for anyone !! why not actually do something about speedsters or persistent offenders like proper jail time instead of taking the easy route.
  • Liverpool Street Station - full of beggars. I was approached 3 times this morning requests for money. F**k off.
  • T.C.E said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

iainment said:

cabbles said:

Cycle.

Yes, cycle.
    Ha! So wrong.
    iainment said:

iainment said:

cabbles said:

Cycle.

Yes, cycle.
    Ha! So wrong. ;-)

My phone is cack.
    Sorry I'm lagging in the technology department, is that an icack? ;)
    It didn't clear my post from the panel you write in and I didn't check it had been sent. So it's the phone and me.
  • Sponsored links:

• IdleHans said:

The fact that every time I hear the name of the new White House communications director, I wonder if he'll do the fandango.

That's very very frightening.
  • IdleHans said:

The fact that every time I hear the name of the new White House communications director, I wonder if he'll do the fandango.

That's very very frightening.
    Indeed.
  • Liverpool Street Station - full of beggars. I was approached 3 times this morning requests for money. F**k off.

Yeah they're dead annoying - "pleeeease don't make me go back home to Essex, fiver for a doss house?"

Yeah they're dead annoying - "pleeeease don't make me go back home to Essex, fiver for a doss house?"
    One was a northerner and wanted 50p.
  • beggars that don't beg - just sit there.

At least here in Victoria we have a guy who sings through a traffic cone, to encourage people to give him money.

• Buskers on the Underground
  • Buskers who use an amp/microphone - busking should be your instrument and voice only.
  • Buskers
  • MrOneLung said:

beggars that don't beg - just sit there.

At least here in Victoria we have a guy who sings through a traffic cone, to encourage people to give him money.

I love that guy he's great. Him singing the Flintstones at half 7 in the morning really cheers me up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Portuguese, Spanish and French drivers holidaying in The Algarve during July and August.
  • Explaining something to a thick-as-shit colleague 5 or 6 times in very basic terms, they refuse to understand it and are now in a massive huff because they realise they are totally out of their depth in their role.

Now will she do the right thing and resign immediately or carry on being a parasite sapping team productivity and morale.
  • Fiiish said:

Explaining something to a thick-as-shit colleague 5 or 6 times in very basic terms, they refuse to understand it and are now in a massive huff because they realise they are totally out of their depth in their role.

Now will she do the right thing and resign immediately or carry on being a parasite sapping team productivity and morale.

I feel your pain, and you just know that she will carry on being a parasite.
  • stonemuse said:

Fiiish said:

Explaining something to a thick-as-shit colleague 5 or 6 times in very basic terms, they refuse to understand it and are now in a massive huff because they realise they are totally out of their depth in their role.

I feel your pain, and you just know that she will carry on being a parasite.
    She lied on her CV but somehow manages to stay under the management. It's incredible how an otherwise brilliant role can be totally depressing thanks to one selfish idiot.
  • Didn't know you worked at the club Fiiish

Some compare me to Ronaldo.
  • edited July 2017
    Fiiish said:

Didn't know you worked at the club Fiiish

Some compare me to Ronweasley. :smiley:
  • Fiiish said:

Didn't know you worked at the club Fiiish

Some compare me to Ronaldo.
    The fat one that doesn't play football anymore?
  • Didn't know you worked at the club Fiiish

You mean "cloob"
  • Trying to channel hop when someone in the family sits down and expects me to stick, but all I want to do is twist, twist, twist.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!