Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

General things that Annoy you

Comments

• People who use work bathrooms for anything other the toilet or washing hands.

People seem to use it for a wide array of tasks such as a changing room, washing their feet, brushing teeth/shaving, and God knows what else. Walked in just now and it smells like someone spent all of lunchtime washing some smelly old mutt then disposed of their sweaty, dirty clothes in the bin.
  • 3 way temporary traffic lights seemingly all around Bexley atm. Special mention to the one at the oakhampton / Wickham Lane mini roundabout.
  • HMRC changing my tax code so that I paid -£28 tax this month. Obviously this should be on the general things that please me thread however I feel it may bite my arse off completely next month so I'll just leave it here....
  • 3 way temporary traffic lights seemingly all around Bexley atm. Special mention to the one at the oakhampton / Wickham Lane mini roundabout.

All gone tonight, not sure how long they had been there, as I was away. Saw the road closed signs last night when I got back. Nothing there when I took the dog out.
  • Shopping at Apple Stores. They have no till and so nowhere to queue.

Staff are friendly and try and keep annoyed customers pleased.

They're fighting a losing battle though. The system whereby there is no till, so people are standing around other people's conversations, trying to be next is absurd. It makes everyone feel uncomfortable.

Furthermore, in busy times, you're told to stand about and someone will come to you. But then the customer has no idea what's going on or how long they are to wait!

Finally, I've noticed staff communicate via earpieces. It's like having the stasi sell you forbidden books. They talk to each other about you and what you want, but you're not party to the conversation. Very disconcerting.

All this, just to be different. Scrap the current format and install a counter with a till. At least that way, everyone knows where they stand (and where to stand).

Apple represent a lot of what is evil in the world today
  • Carter said:

Shopping at Apple Stores. They have no till and so nowhere to queue.

They're fighting a losing battle though. The system whereby there is no till, so people are standing around other people's conversations, trying to be next is absurd. It makes everyone feel uncomfortable.

Furthermore, in busy times, you're told to stand about and someone will come to you. But then the customer has no idea what's going on or how long they are to wait!

Finally, I've noticed staff communicate via earpieces. It's like having the stasi sell you forbidden books. They talk to each other about you and what you want, but you're not party to the conversation. Very disconcerting.

All this, just to be different. Scrap the current format and install a counter with a till. At least that way, everyone knows where they stand (and where to stand).

I'm a lover of all things Apple , had an iPhone since the 3GS came out and I'll probably buy the new one when it arrives , I'm typing this right now on an iPad air. However you are totally correct about the Apple Store system , totally and utterly mental.
  • Paddington, the area, the station (praed street exit, bakerloo line). Despite it being in zone 1 and me living in forest hill it's ballache to get to. I have to get the 176 bus to Elephant & Castle and then the bakerloo direct. Sounds simple enough, but when you aportion 30 minutes of your journey to a bus, lots of things can go wrong. The other option would be for me to get a bus up the hill to forsest hill station, overground to Canada Water, jubilee to Baker Street and then change - a lot of faffing

And then when i arrive I'm greeted by millions of Chinese tourists and tons of suitcases. I think the praed street exit and the surrounding area has the highest concentration/density of suitcases per person in the world. Yes, even more than an airport where everyone has a suitcase. It's also the fact that it's a public area that makes it worst. Commuters having to compete with it all

And then the area is so tacky. All these shit motels/hostels that want to house these tourists. It's like a poor man's Leicester Square in that respect
  • cabbles said:

Paddington, the area, the station (praed street exit, bakerloo line). Despite it being in zone 1 and me living in forest hill it's ballache to get to. I have to get the 176 bus to Elephant & Castle and then the bakerloo direct. Sounds simple enough, but when you aportion 30 minutes of your journey to a bus, lots of things can go wrong. The other option would be for me to get a bus up the hill to forsest hill station, overground to Canada Water, jubilee to Baker Street and then change - a lot of faffing

And then when i arrive I'm greeted by millions of Chinese tourists and tons of suitcases. I think the praed street exit and the surrounding area has the highest concentration/density of suitcases per person in the world. Yes, even more than an airport where everyone has a suitcase. It's also the fact that it's a public area that makes it worst. Commuters having to compete with it all

And then the area is so tacky. All these shit motels/hostels that want to house these tourists. It's like a poor man's Leicester Square in that respect

What has the nationality of the tourist got to do with your merry tale?
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:

Paddington, the area, the station (praed street exit, bakerloo line). Despite it being in zone 1 and me living in forest hill it's ballache to get to. I have to get the 176 bus to Elephant & Castle and then the bakerloo direct. Sounds simple enough, but when you aportion 30 minutes of your journey to a bus, lots of things can go wrong. The other option would be for me to get a bus up the hill to forsest hill station, overground to Canada Water, jubilee to Baker Street and then change - a lot of faffing

Really?!
  • Least they weren't Scottish i suppose.
  • edited July 2017
    buckshee said:

Carter said:

Shopping at Apple Stores. They have no till and so nowhere to queue.

I'm a lover of all things Apple , had an iPhone since the 3GS came out and I'll probably buy the new one when it arrives , I'm typing this right now on an iPad air. However you are totally correct about the Apple Store system , totally and utterly mental.
    I genuinely don't get the fascination with Apple. My girlfriend will only have an iPhone yet it doesn't look any better than androids to me.
    Only thing Apple I've ever bought is my trusty iPod classic which I do concede has been a great device.
  • cabbles said:

Tbf Asian tourists can be the worst. It's a generalisation but based on quite a fair bit of fact. They don't do it on purpose but because they usually holiday in large groups they can cause havoc at street corners when your trying to get through which means you end up having to negotiate the bus lane. This can also happen with school groups from the continent with their colourful rucksacks.

Also whenever I've gone to an art gallery (not often but I've been too a few in London and paris) they take photos of every painting and if their is a large group of them you end feeling bad if you get in the way. Which pisses me off that I feel bad about it cos I came here to look at the art not just take a photo of each one. I mean who the hell are they even showing these photos to? Just buy an art book with the pictures inside, stay at home and save yourself alot of money.
  • cabbles said:

I work in Paddington, although luckily, across the canal from praed street so don't get as many suitcase trip hazards.

I travel in from Sidcup but I do train to waterloo east, jubilee from southwark to baker street and 2 stops to edgware road on bakerloo line. Takes me 1 hour 10 door to door. I can also get bus to north greenwich and jubilee and change but only do that if I'm not in a hurry as it can take just over an hour or 90 mins sometimes.
  • cabbles said:

Cycle.
  • cabbles said:

It was just a rant at Paddington
  • iainment said:

cabbles said:

Cycle.
    I used to Cycle from Charing Cross and back every day actually on a Boris bike. In fact @cabbles why not cycle at least from elephant and castle as there are bike lanes and then once over the water, it's an uphill pedal through parks (Mall, St James Park, Hyde Park) and even more fun going home. Took me 20 mins from my office to charing cross as all downhill - used to pick up the bike nr praed street and back street it down to bike lane entrance to hyde park.
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

cabbles said:

Cycle.
    and lose all self-respect. Friends. Family. A chance to have sexual intercourse ever again.

Yes, cycle.
    Ha! So wrong.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

It was just a rant at Paddington
    i know @casuals, i was just pulling your pisser
  • iainment said:

cabbles said:

Cycle.
    I used to Cycle from Charing Cross and back every day actually on a Boris bike. In fact @cabbles why not cycle at least from elephant and castle as there are bike lanes and then once over the water, it's an uphill pedal through parks (Mall, St James Park, Hyde Park) and even more fun going home. Took me 20 mins from my office to charing cross as all downhill - used to pick up the bike nr praed street and back street it down to bike lane entrance to hyde park.
    That is good time
  • The fact that every time I hear the name of the new White House communications director, I wonder if he'll do the fandango.
  • Greg Wallace introducing a documentary in a food factory, shouting at the top of his voice and repeating everything the other bloke has just said.

Nob.

I saw that the other day , bloke's a cretin.
  • The amount of tutting and gasping that goes on in my office every time it rains. You'd think some of the people I work with have never seen rain before or that it's the stuff of the devil.
  • edited July 2017
    cabbles said:

Why not a train to Victoria, underground Victoria Line to Oxford Circus then 20 seconds to cross to the Bakerloo line to Paddington, surely much quicker ?

Mind you the Canada Water option takes 37 mins from Forest Hill station according to TFL.

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/results?IsAsync=true&JpType=publictransport&InputFrom=Forest+Hill+Rail+Station&Modes=bus,tube,national-rail,dlr,overground,tflrail,river-bus,tram,cable-car,coach&From=Forest+Hill+Rail+Station&FromId=1001112&PreviousFrom=Forest+Hill+Rail+Station&InputTo=Paddington&To=Paddington&ToId=1000174&PreviousTo=Paddington&Date=20170728&Time=0730&IsMapRequired=False&Mode=bus&Mode=tube&Mode=national-rail&Mode=dlr&Mode=overground&Mode=tflrail&CyclePreference=AllTheWay&WalkingSpeedWalking=average&JourneyPreference=leasttime&AccessibilityPreference=norequirements&MaxWalkingMinutes=40&WalkingSpeedTransport=average&InputVia=&Via=&ViaId=&PreviousVia=&NationalSearch=false&WalkingOptimization=false&SavePreferences=false&IsMultipleJourneySelection=False&JourneyType=&IsPastWarning=False
  • iainment said:

cabbles said:

Cycle.
    and lose all self-respect. Friends. Family. A chance to have sexual intercourse ever again.

Yes, cycle.
    Ha! So wrong. ;-)
  • edited July 2017
    iainment said:

iainment said:

cabbles said:

Cycle.

Yes, cycle.
    Ha! So wrong.
    iainment said:

iainment said:

cabbles said:

Cycle.

Yes, cycle.
    Ha! So wrong. ;-)

So wrong you had to say it twice? :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!